Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Actually I thought he said he was pleasantly surprised with Mickey replacement of GMR. And he was impressed with the scope of some of the Epcot work though I guess that doesn't mean its necessarily good.
That one he really likes the new attraction, but not the placement. He stated earlier in this thread about the new Tomorrowland attraction that he was pleasantly surprised.

rnese

Any chance it could be something like this? I'm pretty naive when it comes to this sort of thing, but I always thought this concept could work in this particular space:

http://www.cavudw.com/theatres/circumotion

The dramatic music puts it over the top for me! I'm sold! Now if only we knew it was going to definitely be a WIR attraction. Which of course, has not been confirmed........
Right?

rnese

b5c9b4bc4e80f2986cfdff809128ed63d86583eb8cb8f808edcafb81e72cb108.jpg

lazyboy97o

Sometimes, when we are adults (and especially adults in business) we have to compromise what is technically correct and even ideal with what is doable.
There is nothing outlandish about consistent and cohesive storytelling.

I would never want to experience WDW by nitpicking it to death and criticizing everything to death.
And nobody has said you have to. You're the one telling others they should not see note something that does not concern you because it does not concern you.

It is unrealistic to expect WDW to build "for the imagineers." No. It's ridiculous. The imagineers are not buying the tickets en masse.
The masses don't have some sort of revulsion against a strong story.

Here is, I think, an appropriate analogy: I own a record store. I have had employees try to express their vast knowledge of music by explaining to me that this particular Pat Benatar record belongs in the jazz section because "everyone knows" it is a jazz album.

Guess what? It's not going to sell as well in the jazz section. People who buy jazz are not generally looking for Pat Benatar, and people who are looking for Pat Benatar are not generally looking in the jazz section. (There are always exceptions, and those are a minority.)

So while it may be technically correct or philosophically ideal to file that particular jazz album in the jazz section, I will gently correct my employee and redirect him to please put it back in the 80's section with the other Pat Benatar albums (unless we have two in stock, then go ahead and cross-merchandise if you like.)

The reason for this is not because I think my customers are ignorant, but because I understand my customer base.
That is not at all similar. Organizing from macro to micro is common in a variety of areas.

All kinds of people come to Walt Disney World and DL. Some will only ever come once; some will come over and over again. Some won't like it at all; others will fall in love with it. One of the most exciting things, I'm guessing, for a lot of people is to (in one way or another) experience their "favorites." Those people will be in some measure disappointed if their favorite is Stitch and Stitch is nowhere to be found outside of a gift shop. Disney understands its customer base and knows Stitch has (had?) a level of popularity that needed to be addressed. So given the choice of omitting it or adding it in, however imperfectly, they decided their need to represent that character/property/cash register ring outweighed 100% perfect placement in the park.
And yet nobody talks about people being disappointed that Stitch was not in Frozen.

But the last time you and I had a discussion over something like this, you were trying to point out all the "flaws" in Pirates. I remember thinking then and again now - I don't want to see Disney the way you see Disney. I want to enjoy it, not critique it. Oh, I've had fun in an imagineering competition and I completely understand what you are saying. I just think you are emphasizing it to the exclusion of all other business considerations, and that is not - realistic.
I do not recall what you are referencing, but not once have I ever told you or anyone else that you must look at Walt Disney World the way I do or that it is required for the right and proper experience. You still can't say how my critique hurts your experience. How being more in theme hurts anyone's visit. Even the business aspect is not hurt because theme is exactly what themed entertainment is selling. The whole reason businesses pay for the expensive costs associated with theming is because it does bring people into the door and it's emotional connections gets people to open their wallets.

And no, attractions not functioning properly is not "exactly the same" as slightly imperfect theming. One is operational and the other is creative/merchandising.
That doesn't remove that people give the exact same excuse: nobody notices and it costs too much.

I agree with Tony on that. To me, that's more about "wallowing in misery." I would rather enjoy Splash Mountain than get myself worked up over the theming. What are they going to do? Not build it because Frontierland is supposed to be the old west? Or draw a line around and say, "This is the Old South."?
Who is wallowing in misery?

You too are assuming that an attraction must be built in a specific location. The simple answer is to build a different experience. It'd be no different than The Haunted Mansion being reimagined into Phantom Manor or Space Mountain becoming Space Mountain: From the Earth to the Moon. Disney apparently thought it was an issue worth trying to address as the attraction was reworked to appear more Western, including going off-model with the main character.

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

There is nothing outlandish about consistent and cohesive storytelling.

And nobody has said you have to. You're the one telling others they should not see note something that does not concern you because it does not concern you.

The masses don't have some sort of revulsion against a strong story.

That is not at all similar. Organizing from macro to micro is common in a variety of areas.

And yet nobody talks about people being disappointed that Stitch was not in Frozen.

I do not recall what you are referencing, but not once have I ever told you or anyone else that you must look at Walt Disney World the way I do or that it is required for the right and proper experience. You still can't say how my critique hurts your experience. How being more in theme hurts anyone's visit. Even the business aspect is not hurt because theme is exactly what themed entertainment is selling. The whole reason businesses pay for the expensive costs associated with theming is because it does bring people into the door and it's emotional connections gets people to open their wallets.

That doesn't remove that people give the exact same excuse: nobody notices and it costs too much.

Who is wallowing in misery?

You too are assuming that an attraction must be built in a specific location. The simple answer is to build a different experience. It'd be no different than The Haunted Mansion being reimagined into Phantom Manor or Space Mountain becoming Space Mountain: From the Earthbto the Moon. Disney apparently thought it was an issue worth trying to address as the attraction was reworked to appear more Western, including going off-model with the main character.

I just wanted to say that I love whenever someone gets into it with @lazyboy97o over theming, because dude knows what he's talking about. If they had the raised hands emoji, I'd use it here.

No Name

@Mike S @Magic Feather @RSoxNo1
I don't think it's been confirmed anywhere has it?

Hasn't been confirmed for sure.

But Magic Feather (the OP) keeps dropping rather obvious hints like "this ride will be sweet" and then the most telling of all:
Oh well, must have been a glitch. ;)

I also believe you went out of your way to use the word "rush."
I don't know.... from what I can make out this won't be able to handle the rush.

Before most of the hints, someone else said
I'm suprised that nobody has mentioned that the supposed new attraction could replace the speedway.
If they meant the IP, well then, sugar rush fits that comment.

Wreck it Ralph 2 was officially announced a little over a month ago and is coincidentally scheduled to be released around when this attraction would open.

Oh, and Magic Feather liked this last post of mine, which could mean nothing, but I take it as confirmation:
So... it's a Sugar Rush attraction!

Cool, I guess. But at least Stitch and Laugh Floor have loose ties to the future and "tomorrow." Will be interesting to see how this fits. Disregarding location, I'd hope and expect the actual attraction to be an improvement.

Oh, did we not know for sure that it was a Sugar Rush attraction? Well neither do I, but I am 99% certain it is. Based on some key words and facts.

edit: change that to 100% :D

Point is, while it hasn't been officially confirmed, I'd say it's been made pretty obvious.

Last edited:

Dave Z

I, my wife & my son are all Stitch fans (character, movie & attraction). It does need a makeover to bring it more current, or maybe a thorough revamping-- but we'd prefer it still keep the same main character. Maybe a tropical theme? The Laugh Floor also has become the same old same old . . . redo, update or put in something new! How about changing the speedway to do away with the smelly gas-burning engines? That would update to a Tomorrowland theme! At least Stitch is true sci-fi character!

FigmentJedi

I, my wife & my son are all Stitch fans (character, movie & attraction). It does need a makeover to bring it more current, or maybe a thorough revamping-- but we'd prefer it still keep the same main character. Maybe a tropical theme? The Laugh Floor also has become the same old same old . . . redo, update or put in something new! How about changing the speedway to do away with the smelly gas-burning engines? That would update to a Tomorrowland theme! At least Stitch is true sci-fi character!
I'd expect Laugh Floor to end up getting replaced with the Stitch Encounter show all the international resorts have.

V_L_Raptor

Getting rid of smelly, gas-burning engines is a valid goal. As it happens, so is getting rid of smelly, chili-dog spewing smellitizers. (Not sure they'll really ever get that out of the walls...)

Mike S

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom