New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

djkidkaz

From @Blog_Mickey on twitter:

"Looks like our first look at the RoL centerpiece."

CoSzqEiWcAAhj3I.jpg

Looks like it's going to be huge based on the people standing next to it.

Glad to see the floats again. I was there two days ago and there were no floats anywhere to be seen.

wdwfan22

The site that shall not be named is stating that September is the targeted opening date. They are also stating that the delay was due to problems with the automated show barges/floats (which we already knew). The next part I found interesting as I had not heard this that the down time has also been used to rewrite large portions of the show that management may have deemed “too boring”.

ToTBellHop

The site that shall not be named is stating that September is the targeted opening date. They are also stating that the delay was due to problems with the automated show barges/floats (which we already knew). The next part I found interesting as I had not heard this that the down time has also been used to rewrite large portions of the show that management may have deemed “too boring”.
There have been some modifications.

FigmentJedi

I could see them adding narration putting the storytellers into context like what happened to Tapestry of Nations way back when. When that show originally premiered, there was no "Legend of the Sage of Time" and the Sage's narration (which had a stiffer vocal performance) only came at the beginning, middle, and end.

Scoppin

I hear September/October is a reasonable ballpark right now. They are crossing their fingers for Labor Day but that may be too ambitious (and they certainly aren't ready to announce it yet).

We are there mid-late September and would be nice to see this. However, with the park closing at 7:30 and sunset being about the same time, would they be pushing back the park closing time?

Matt_Black

The current show is India. India has yoga. Yoga has lotus position. It fits.

The religion of India is pretty fascinating as it's pretty cool with a lot of stuff, provided you don't hurt anyone in the process. The idea is that you indulge yourself and then you'll hopefully get tired of it and go on to other, more spiritual pursuits. Admittedly, that is a gross oversimplification of an incredibly complex, interwoven systems of faith.

TTA94

I hear September/October is a reasonable ballpark right now. They are crossing their fingers for Labor Day but that may be too ambitious (and they certainly aren't ready to announce it yet).

So IF they continue to stay on track with no problems.. My guess would be that Labor Day weekend would be more of a soft open/unannounced deal?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom