Browser reloading page constantly and jerkyness

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
I've noticed a lot over the past month or so that often times when scrolling through the forums that my computer gets jerky and will lock up for seconds at a time. When I am typing a response to a thread what I am typing will lock up as well for again seconds at a time and then catch up. When I look up at the URL bar at the top of my browser while this is happening I see it rapidly flip flopping between loading the page and loaded. I am running Spybot and upgraded that recently but other than that nothing has really changed on my end. Has anybody else noticed the same or found a reason why this might be happening?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I mainly browse on Safari on iPad but have not seen that.

I did use Firefox on Windows 7 recently and it was fine too.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've noticed a lot over the past month or so that often times when scrolling through the forums that my computer gets jerky and will lock up for seconds at a time. When I am typing a response to a thread what I am typing will lock up as well for again seconds at a time and then catch up. When I look up at the URL bar at the top of my browser while this is happening I see it rapidly flip flopping between loading the page and loaded. I am running Spybot and upgraded that recently but other than that nothing has really changed on my end. Has anybody else noticed the same or found a reason why this might be happening?
What browser and operating system are you using?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It is happening all the time, or just on occasion? It is more than likely related to an ad. Are you noticing a pattern of the problem occurring and a certain ad being displayed?

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
I've not checked a correlation to a particular ad. I know it has not happened at all on this thread since I started it and have been replying but happens quite frequently on the "general discussion" threads.

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
I am actually experiencing it now. There is an Amazon ad, a Dodge ad and a "Kevin Durants move" ad on that page. I have it open in a different tab.

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
Reloaded the page numerous times and it does not seem to have any rhyme nor reason on what ads pop up. Often when I try to scroll up or down the page locks up and the browser flickers between loading and loaded and then sometimes loads for a second or two continuously. Let me know what else I can do to help on my end...

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
I also am noticing that tab that I am leaving open on the "technology moving forward" thread will also periodically be reloading even though I am doing absolutely nothing on that page...I just see that the WDWMagic icon on the tab flickering. I can also say that when that happens I am unable to type in this tab either. So basically when that other tab is flickering it effects my ability to type in this tab...hopefully I am making sense. And now as I am typing this I see "shockwave has crashed"...

G00fyDad

That sounds like an ad causing trouble. I use Adblocker Plus for chrome and do not see any of them. I still get the ads on my phone when I view the page or when I am at work (No options for Chrome there. :( ) I notice that when I view the page on my phone it takes forever to "settle down" and stop jumping around loading ads. But that happens on ANY site I go to that uses these type of ads.

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
That sounds like an ad causing trouble. I use Adblocker Plus for chrome and do not see any of them. I still get the ads on my phone when I view the page or when I am at work (No options for Chrome there. :( ) I notice that when I view the page on my phone it takes forever to "settle down" and stop jumping around loading ads. But that happens on ANY site I go to that uses these type of ads.

Interesting...when I try to install it though it says "It can read and change all the your data on websites you visit"...makes me worry a bit. Any problems on your end using it?

G00fyDad

Interesting...when I try to install it though it says "It can read and change all the your data on websites you visit"...makes me worry a bit. Any problems on your end using it?

AdBlock Plus? No. The extension can cause more problems than you might like though. Just keep in mind that there is a website code that can be applied to sites to prevent you from accessing the page if you use this extension. I would just wait until the problem here is fixed so the site does not lose any more revenue from the ads. He'll have it fixed soon now that he knows there is a problem.

G00fyDad

I just disabled the extension on this site and it did not make a difference. I am still not having the issues others are experiencing. (Win 10 and Chrome).

SSH

Reloaded the page numerous times and it does not seem to have any rhyme nor reason on what ads pop up. Often when I try to scroll up or down the page locks up and the browser flickers between loading and loaded and then sometimes loads for a second or two continuously. Let me know what else I can do to help on my end...

Exact same symptoms as Copcarguyp71 the past couple of weeks....I'm on windows 7 and latest version of chrome. Also seeing the "shockwave has crashed" messaging. Tried reloading repeatedly, cleaning cache, restarting...no luck. But it's sporadic. All last week, was having problems. This morning, no issues as of yet.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Can you confirm the version of Chrome you are running?

To check, click on the three horizontal bars near the top-right corner and click Help and about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom