DHS Aerial View

Daveeeeed

I think he is commenting on how the thread has gone off topic. I gave up trying to keep threads on topic a long time ago.
I thought he might be referring to the new concept art for Disneyland's Star Wars land, but now that you say that it makes sense. So to get back on topic... The sky is falling above DHS:cautious:;)

Siren

I found this aerial pic on Google! It doesn't show when it was taken but everything is almost torn down! So, construction should be starting very soon! Yay!

wilgd4.jpg

Variable

I found this aerial pic on Google! It doesn't show when it was taken but everything is almost torn down! So, construction should be starting very soon! Yay!

wilgd4.jpg

Looks like a still from the video a week or two ago. Going to difficult to see what's going on, just like Pandora.

Siren

Hopefully the bleachers over at LMA are on their way out and work can start on TSL.
Hi @DarthFiscus75! Yes, I really hope so, too!

At least over a week old the buildings behind TSM don't exist as of right now. So even more land cleared then this photo shows.
Hi @DHSCM! Oh wow, that is really great news! Thanks for the update. I want more aerial pics!

I'm totally getting more and more curious about the timeline, as well. The New Fantasyland took five years to complete since it's announcement at D23 in 2009. So, that's five years for an infrastructure that was already in place. So, it will be quite interesting to see how Disney will fast track Star Wars land to meet fans expectations.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi @DarthFiscus75! Yes, I really hope so, too!

Hi @DHSCM! Oh wow, that is really great news! Thanks for the update. I want more aerial pics!

I'm totally getting more and more curious about the timeline, as well. The New Fantasyland took five years to complete since it's announcement at D23 in 2009. So, that's five years for an infrastructure that was already in place. So, it will be quite interesting to see how Disney will fast track Star Wars land to meet fans expectations.

Fantasyland only took 5 years because they changed plans early on to switch to the Mine Ride, which didn't start until well into the project. If everything had started at the same time it's likely it would have been done in around 3 years.

Variable

It's a giant piece of un-themed concrete and steel, no great loss. As for the attraction, I personally enjoyed it, but they space will be better used.

No I agree overall, just thinking of all that seating - the kind we all love to hate.
I wonder what all that aluminum weighs out at?

Siren

Some body needs to do a helicopter tour for construction photos soon there about 50 bucks per person to fly over Disney and get us some photo
Yeah... but, you're totally overthinking this -- a teen with a drone will suffice. And, that should cost about 50 dollars total. LOL.

I totally agree with you though, we need more pictures!

All of the excitement and interest in Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land is a great opportunity for Disney to drive traffic to their blog with weekly aerial shots and regular shots of the construction site(s).

I remember when Disney posted frequent updates on their blog for 7DMT, it was fun for fans to follow along. I forgot to mention the flying dragon, too.

Fantasyland only took 5 years because they changed plans early on to switch to the Mine Ride, which didn't start until well into the project. If everything had started at the same time it's likely it would have been done in around 3 years.
Thanks @danlb_2000, that makes sense. It took Carsland 5 years from the announcement date to be completed so I am going to stick with 2020 for DHS Star Wars Land. LOL.

Kman101

Is something going where the Premiere Theater was? SWL and that area don't seem as connected ... will it be a separate attraction, part of SWL, backstage? Just curious ...

rle4lunch

LOL thats an ironic statement considering California has an enormous water crisis to the point where Disney was even looking at shutting down the Submarine Voyage permanently (instead they shut it down for a year and donated the water to the city).

And now that I mentioned it its going to be very sad in 20-30 years when global water shortages get so great that almost all water elements will be removed from Disneyland/Walt Disney World :(. Grim stuff to think about.

Captain NEO, more like Captain EO. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom