Fast Furious delayed till 2018

JassiSidhu2000

Original Poster
So Universal made it known today that the Fast and Furious attraction in Orlando has been delayed till 2018.

What do you make of this delay? Judging by the Kong attraction, we assume it's just going to be the same video as the Hollywood version, with a more developed external building - so essentially another SCREEN BASED attraction.

Jimmy Fallon (another screen attraction) is still set to go ahead next year.

ClfJj8xWAAANkon.jpg:large

JT3000

So Universal made it known today that the Fast and Furious attraction in Orlando has been delayed till 2018.

What do you make of this delay? Judging by the Kong attraction, we assume it's just going to be the same video as the Hollywood version, with a more developed external building - so essentially another SCREEN BASED attraction.

SCREENZ!!!!!111

On a more serious note, "we" can't assume it will be the same as Hollywood's attraction just because Kong borrowed one scene from Hollywood. That would be a massive waste. There will probably be similarities, sure, but there's too much space there to create a carbon copy of what Hollywood has. And we already know actors who weren't involved in Hollywood's project have done filming for this one, not to mention the change in setting.

Why was it delayed? No idea, but I doubt it's being redesigned in any way. They either hit a snag in construction or just want to space things out more. I don't think they have anything else planned for 2018.

JoeCamel

I, too, hope this has to do with the feedback from Kong.

That one scene, though, is the meat and potatoes of Reign of Kong.

I would argue the facade and queue make up the bulk of the attraction. The ride is icing on the cake and the payoff at the end is spectacular.

But back to F&F, seems they have a large hole in the ground and that is much more than a motion base pit so there will be something more going on here. Glad they are not pushing it, take their time and build something worth riding

Last edited:

JT3000

If this were truly based that closely off of Hollywood's F&F, all they would need to change their minds is feedback from that terrible attraction, not Kong. Why would they make the same mistake twice, in a more prime location this time?

BrerJon

An interesting development. Either:
a) the project has been suffering technical problems/creative differences that mean they can't finish in time, Disney style
b) they've decided to go back to the drawing board and amp up the ride, in light of public response to Kong, Shanghai etc.
c) something wider is going on at the resort that will pull resources and budget away from F&F

If it's b) or c), then it might be a very positive sign, and even a) means they're not just phoning it in with a clone, so we should be all good.

AndrewsJ

They have been reevaluating the guidance system after some of the issues they encountered with Kong.
Do you think it will be the same ride system as Reign of Kong? The F&F segment in Hollywood is done similarly to Kong 360 with Musion 3D and other effects added. I'm just trying imagine what the ride vehicle would look like. I guess it wouldn't make sense for it to resemble a safari vehicle like the one in Kong. I know no one can say for sure just curious about your thoughts.

Mike S

I would argue the facade and queue make up the bulk of the attraction. The ride is icing on the cake and the payoff at the end is spectacular.

But back to F&F, seems they have a large hole in the ground and that is much more than a motion base pit so there will be something more going on here. Glad they are not pushing it, take their time and build something worth riding
Similar pits were made for F&F Hollywood so it doesn't mean much. No one is really excited for this even the insiders... Personally I hope this delay is for major changes.

danpam1024

I saw the old Beetlegeuse Graveyard Review stage is gone and walled off for FF. I guess it's going to be a pretty big attraction??

JT3000

The Kong area is pretty decent too, and they just pretty much used the video from Hollywood.

Yeah, that's all they did... if you choose to be willfully ignorant of the remainder of the attraction. :facepalm: And it's not that big of a space relative to their other E-tickets. Certainly not as large as the space they've created here, which is still smaller than Test Track. Could they still put an actual high speed attraction here? Yes, but as far as we know, they aren't.

dm11

All talk about F&F literally disappeared from forums. I assume this is still targeted for 2018? Anybody has more details now that we are one year closer?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom