Frozen Ever After opening day

Figments Friend

From the sounds of it, the Attraction is having issues with the boats not alining correctly with various switches.
The shift spot located in front of Marshmallow is one such spot where things seem to be going afoul.
If something does not get a signal within a certain time frame, things go 101 .

Our CM friends have noted that weight distribution is important, exspecially here.
Either the boats are not being loaded properly, or they are 'jumping the track' per say in spots due to unforeseen circumstances.
Reducing the number of Guests loaded into the rows is a indication of trying to solve the puzzle by playing around with the weight.

I doubt they would close the Attraction for two hours just because of a AA issue....but those are very sofisticated figures.

Hmmm....perhaps Lee was right -
It's just the host body rejecting its transplant.....

-

Last edited:

Pam Hates Penguins

From the sounds of it, the Attraction is having issues with the boats not elining correctly with various switches.
The shift spot located in front of Marshmellow is one such spot where things seem to be going afoul.

Our CM friends have noted that weight distribution is important, exspecially here.
Either the boats are not being loaded properly, or they are 'jumping the track' per say in spots due to unforeseen circumstances.

I doubt they would close the Attraction for two hours just because of a AA issue....but those are very sofisicated figures.

Hmmm....perhaps Lee was right -
It's just the host body rejecting its transplant.....

-

Nothing is perfect on opening day.

Donaldfan1934

You do know that every other BRAND NEW ride works fine, but usually has kinks. Mine Train had a ton of issues and it was brand new. Frozen Ever After is using 28 year old boats, while it Disney's fault, when they want to create quality attractions they can. They just didn't feel that they should replace the boats.
I agree with your overall points, but the boats should've at least been refurbished. You can't have a shiny new ride fresh out of its packaging with raggedy old boats that didn't even get a paint job.

Daveeeeed

You do know that every other BRAND NEW ride works fine, but usually has kinks. Mine Train had a ton of issues and it was brand new. Frozen Ever After is using 28 year old boats, while it Disney's fault, when they want to create quality attractions they can. They just didn't feel that they should replace the boats.
I rode SDMT I believe six days before actual opening, everything was working fine. I don't know about most other days though. No excuse for Frozen to have this many issues during opening day especially that it was delayed. A few fine, but the constant break downs were just ridiculous for Frozen: Ever After.

Last edited:

Donaldfan1934

I think they were going for a rough, distressed 'vintage' feel for the boats.
It's a trend now...exspecially with the latest clothing fashions!

;)

-
I think there's a difference when Imagineering purposefully distresses something and when they have to work within a budget and something has to be sacrificed. I'm happy that they decided to put more effort into the ride itself since it seems to have turned out great despite its limitations, but seriously? Freshening up the ride vehicles is par for the course for most major refurbs, let alone a brand new ride.

Donaldfan1934

I rode SDMT I believe six days before actual opening, everything was working fine. I don't know about most other days though. No excuse for Frozen to have this many issues during opening day especially that it was delayed. A few fine, but the constant break downs were just ridiculous for Frozen: Ever After.
I was just at WDW the tail end of May and believe me when I say that SDMT is still having problems 2 years later. There seemed to have been issues half the time I road it and was even evacuated from it once (Which turned to be really lucky for me since it was at the tail end of the ride so I pretty much wound up getting a free Fastpass for nothing). So while you may not yet have seen its issues yourself, best of luck not encountering any next time you're in MK.

Daveeeeed

I was just at WDW the tail end of May and believe me when I say that SDMT is still having problems 2 years later. There seemed to have been issues half the time I road it and was even evacuated from it once (Which turned to be really lucky for me since it was at the tail end of the ride so I pretty much wound up getting a free Fastpass for nothing). So while you may not yet have seen its issues yourself, best of luck not encountering any next time you're in MK.
Been on it for sure 10 times and nothing for me so far. Not saying that it doesn't happen, Splash Mountain has had a couple of broken animations broken last time I rode it, not to mention pooh :p, but it is just not as frequently as some people think it is. All rides have issues, but they usually address them quickly unlike they have for AK's attractions.

IF you got some data....

Do you know the NATURE of the ride failure? Boats screwing up? Animatronics down? Just curious - design flaw, or "entertainment" flaw?

Unsure as to the nature. My guess is something to do with the boats propulsion system ? I am only guessing but when we finally got on, the front row was a "problem" (Cast Member's words) and they were only loading 2 people per row. We rode a boat with 4 people, and the family of 7 behind us had to be split into two boats. Even with that loading technique, the ride was up at 2:15PM and back down until park close by 2:45PM. A good friend of mine with BVCC said that corporate kept them out of all maintenance and construction, and they are unable to even inquire about anything related to the ride. She has been involved with every new project and ride refurbishment aside from this and no one in her office can figure out why they were not part of a single thing from start to finish.

twebber55

Unsure as to the nature. My guess is something to do with the boats propulsion system ? I am only guessing but when we finally got on, the front row was a "problem" (Cast Member's words) and they were only loading 2 people per row. We rode a boat with 4 people, and the family of 7 behind us had to be split into two boats. Even with that loading technique, the ride was up at 2:15PM and back down until park close by 2:45PM. A good friend of mine with BVCC said that corporate kept them out of all maintenance and construction, and they are unable to even inquire about anything related to the ride. She has been involved with every new project and ride refurbishment aside from this and no one in her office can figure out why they were not part of a single thing from start to finish.
interesting
thanks

spiritofNorway

The boats are quite new and was replaced in 2013/2014.

bhg469

yeah that was funny, but the vid also shows the scope of a wasted expansion pad.
This perhaps is the biggest problem I have with the changes. Obviously world showcase is no longer a focus of the company and they want to cartoonify everything to get people to the other parks but I always held out hope for that possible Brazil Pavilion or even somewhere no one ever thought of..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom