From the OS: Gator drags child into Seven Seas Lagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney Analyst

But..... Has the great alligator hunt of 2016 taken place yet?

It will commence shortly.

latest

JohnD

So I'm on the beach (yeah tough life) just hanging out when the people next to me start throwing out bread for the birds. Here come the seagulls out of nowhere. The people are laughing and smiling gettIng a kick out of it while the gulls are all shouting the equivalent of "Mine! Mine! Mine!" bothering every one else while these idiots are just oblivious. They strike me as the type of people who would feed gators from the DVC bungalows without a second thought.

rob0519

I'm scared of stinging and biting insects. Had to leave river country years ago because I'm allergic to horse flies. My 5 year old and I are allergic to fire ants too. You would think I would just move. Florida is a pretty hostile environment! I have passes to Disney though and I love all the theme parks. They are really the only place we can go outside and not end up at the hospital. now I'm not sure I feel safe there either. :( I'm going through anger issues with Disney now. I'm sure I'll forgive them at some point. I'm just diassapointed and shocked. The illusion has been shattered. I feel terrible for that child's sister. She must have seen it happen. She lost her brother and her childhood in one minute. All things disney will be ruined for her forever. It will always be a painful memory and disney is everywhere! How awful!

You actually have a very good point about the victim's sister and any other extended family as well. Disney is everywhere; movies, TV, merchandise and of course the resorts. If a family member is killed at any other amusement park, any of the other brands will not constantly be in your view, but the Disney brand is hard to escape.

Scuttle

Are you assuming that gators or snakes can't get into it for some reason?
Gators? Highly highly unlikely. In fact I've spoken to many people at RPR that have been there since opening and never have they seen a gator on property. Snakes? Yes that's a possibility since they are slithering asps.

DisneyJoe

Gators? Highly highly unlikely. In fact I've spoken to many people at RPR that have been there since opening and never have they seen a gator on property. Snakes? Yes that's a possibility since they are slithering asps.
I wouldn't bet on it, since gators can climb fences, and routinely end up in backyard pools in Florida - even those that have a fence around them.

MySmallWorldof4

I've only seen pics of fences at Poly and Grand Fla. Are they also at Contemporary, Beach Club, Fort Wilderness, Caribbean Beach, and Coronado (did I miss any resorts with beaches)? Wilderness Lodge will probably have its beach rebuilt with these new restrictions in mind. I wouldn't be surprised to see the nature trail never return, too. It's quite close to the water at points.
I am at FW now and yes there are fences on the beach with the warning signs. They took away the tether ball that was on the beach. At check in we got a warning letter about black bears in the area and what to do if you see one. There also was the warning about the gators and snakes and not to feed wildlife.

JoeCamel

I am at FW now and yes there are fences on the beach with the warning signs. They took away the tether ball that was on the beach. At check in we got a warning letter about black bears in the area and what to do if you see one. There also was the warning about the gators and snakes and not to feed wildlife.

Lawyers been busy

Or a garage sale sign also.

Lawyers been busy, looks like a temp sign til they get better ones made

bunnyman

That's the standard warning you get in most campgrounds. We camp in state run campgrounds in NY, and you have to sign a waiver when you register about the bears. They even scare you that you shouldn't sleep in the same clothes you cook in, as it might attract the bears (I have visions of a bear imagining a "pig in a blanket" when they sniff out a camper in a sleeping bag). Oh, and we do quite often see bears during the daytime and at night, usually in family groups of about 4 or 5, which can be quite startling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom