From the OS: Gator drags child into Seven Seas Lagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
They did, but not sure if they went to the normal beaches that were open to sunbathers, etc or if they went to other areas that were previously inaccessible.

What does that really mean? If they expand communication but don't put any teeth to it, nothing will change.
Where did it say they wouldn't put any teeth into it? There is no reason just to make up things and insinuate. I really don't think some Grand Floridian employee is going to ignore a guest's comment that an alligator has been spotted now. As for the statement... it was easy to understand and something expected after this event. Once they come up with a permanent solution, they'll do it.

JohnD

I get that.. But the sign was real. I just chose to post the link that was readily available on my twitter, I had. If it wasn't confirmed on other sites, get bashing the link but it was. Just wanted to share the sign, that is all, and apparently it was sharing true, credible information. It was just the link I had.

Some people just need to get a grip. Thanks for sharing.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
The credibility of the source is important
Yes...but the post is fine. "lifestyler" is a fair term describing how awesome a new Disney restaurant is or trying to justify something Disney has done. But in this case, the story was valid and since this thread is full of twitter comments, I'd surmise we're allowing an expanded definition of credibility on this topic.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Excellent point! But do we really think a Jury would be able to hold themselves above the emotional trap of connecting the two? And Disney is basically saying 'yes it is possible' and 'yes it should make a difference' by doing so. Specifics of law aside, its hard to keep those ideas away from the Jury if the fact its happened makes it to the jury.

And when juries ignore the law, the appeals court usually strikes it down. But this is NEVER going to trial. Disney will write a huge check just to avoid the negative PR of them seemingly going against the family.

JohnD

I get that.. But the sign was real. I just chose to post the link that was readily available on my twitter, I had. If it wasn't confirmed on other sites, get bashing the link but it was. Just wanted to share the sign, that is all, and apparently it was sharing true, credible information. It was just the link I had.

Thanks for the scoop! The Orlando Sentinel backs up your source. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...rand-floridian-fence-sign-20160617-story.html

s8film40

And when jury's ignore the law, the appeals court usually strikes it down. But this is NEVER going to trial. Disney will write a huge check just to avoid the negative PR of them seemingly going against the family.
I keep thinking one day someone's going to come along who doesn't care about money and refuse to take the big check.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
I keep thinking one day someone's going to come along who doesn't care about money and refuse to take the big check.
Oh it happens all the time. I just doubt it happens as much in cases like these. Right now they are distraught. At some point it will turn to anger and families, friends, and lawyers will encourage them to make Disney pay. And Disney will have a ball park figure of what they could lose, and how much negative PR they will get with a trial and they'll settle.

21stamps

Call me crazy but I don't even know why people are expecting a lawsuit. I don't think the family will sue.

I do think that Mike Hamilton or whatever his name was should be fired immediately. That can't and won't happen. But at the very least I hope his coworkers treat him like a pariah.

s8film40

Oh it happens all the time. I just doubt it happens as much in cases like these. Right now they are distraught. At some point it will turn to anger and families, friends, and lawyers will encourage them to make Disney pay. And Disney will have a ball park figure of what they could lose, and how much negative PR they will get with a trial and they'll settle.
Yeah if it's not in the media Disney typically will allow it to go to court or pay a small sum to keep it out of court. In these high profile cases they seem to do whatever they can to keep it out of court. Someday I could see someone come along and just want to expose the truth for their own personal closure and for the benefit of the public.

JohnD

The signs and fencing is tantamount admission of guilt. But isn't that how it happens? (In general. Not just Disney.) Changes are made reactively after something goes wrong instead of proactively.

Disney Analyst

I assume the family would find the money nice so they can spend time with family and friends and not having to work to pay bills as they grieve.

EngineJoe

I

I would agree with you if it was a trade off for the safety of children. I just don't think it is.. Because they could still be bitten by a snake. A ride could malfunction etc.

There are a lot of dangers that warrant extra precautions. But an alligator attack is a 1 in 2.4 million chance. This story really got to me, mainly because I realized that no matter what- our children are never completely safe.
But I know there have been shark attacks, it doesn't mean I want a fence built around the beach, it doesn't mean that I will not take my child snorkeling or swim in the ocean.

I just feel like this fence will satisfy some people. But the majority realize that it's not really necessary.

Yup. Not to mention the armadillos, poisonous Bufo frogs, poisonous snakes, lightning and scorpions.

21stamps

We have many wonderful memories of our WDW vacations with our children. And not one of them is on the beach. We used the pools.
We use the pools as well. And we enjoy sitting on the beach. Again, it's not the main reason, but it's definitely one of the reasons I pay for those resorts. The whole atmosphere.

JohnD

Call me crazy but I don't even know why people are expecting a lawsuit. I don't think the family will sue.

I do think that Mike Hamilton or whatever his name was should be fired immediately. That can't and won't happen. But at the very least I hope his coworkers treat him like a pariah.

Its possible that's what the family may initially think until a bigwig lawyer gets a hold of them and convinces them otherwise. I can think of a law firm that is "for the people" that advertises all over the state.

ratherbeinwdw

I don't care how bad the fence may look. What's the big deal? A stupid fence or someone else getting injured or killed, no matter how small some of you think the risk is. For goodness sakes, a precious child died a terrifying, pain-filled death. His parents have to live with this every day for the rest of their lives. I am devastated, and he wasn't even my child. Their pain must be unbearable.
If this fence stops even one death, then it's necessary.
I am so very thankful they are putting up this fence.

NearTheEars

Oh, they absolutely are going to file a lawsuit. They probably had several firms waiting at their door when they returned to Nebraska.
Heck, Morgan and Morgan probably had flowers sent to their hotel room before the search was over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom