Comcast/Universal has donated $1 Million to OneOrlando fund

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
Reports have just come out that Comcast Universal has joined in to support the community with a $1 Million dollar donation to the OneOrlando Fund.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-comcast-universal-oneorlando-20160616-story.html

http://blog.universalorlando.com/extras/oneorlando-donation/

I know this isn't Disney but it seemed like the right place to put it in the forum, move if it's deemed appropriate to the Universal subsection

EDIT: added the Link to the Universal Orlando site with their full statement as well.

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
People said that about Disney too.

The main thing is that the fund is growing.
Of course, that's fantastic and I am very glad they followed suit. I never thought Disney was late by any means, but when you main competitor does the same thin for the same about a few days later, that seems forced but I am glad they did.

wdwfan22

I don't feel Disney or Universal was late, I feel they all were waiting so it didn't look like they were trying to spin it in to a PR stunt. Congrats for both big players for stepping up and helping out. Have we heard from Sea World yet?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I don't feel Disney or Universal was late, I feel they all were waiting so it didn't look like they were trying to spin it in to a PR stunt. Congrats for both big players for stepping up and helping out. Have we heard from Sea World yet?
I find it amazing that some people here will try to spin everything that Disney does into a negative. They didn't have to do anything, so contributing $1 million is awesome.

Nj4mwc

Of course, that's fantastic and I am very glad they followed suit. I never thought Disney was late by any means, but when you main competitor does the same thin for the same about a few days later, that seems forced but I am glad they did.
I hate when people say a company is only doing something for good pr or cause they have to cause theyre competitors did. What it comes down to for whatever reason is that these donations have been made. Nothing else matters except that they contributed

MonkeyHead

Brian Roberts, Steve Burke Ron Meyer and Tom Williams (the top top execs of Comcast NBC Universal) were all on hand tonight at a massive vigil Universal Orlando had for Team Members in the music plaza stage. Watching a video now - and it was beautifully done. It was broadcast live to all segments of the company around the world.

Mike S

Brian Roberts, Steve Burke Ron Meyer and Tom Williams (the top top execs of Comcast NBC Universal) were all on hand tonight at a massive vigil Universal Orlando had for Team Members in the music plaza stage. Watching a video now - and it was beautifully done. It was broadcast live to all segments of the company around the world.
Is there video of the one at the stage in USF? I just found this one.

JT3000

haha, guess they had to .... seems a bit forced and late
:p

Totally could have Price is Right them....

I guess it's never too late to mock people (or companies) that are making positive contributions to society. I echo LL2WDW's question, how much have you donated? Hopefully more than a million, because remember, this IS a competition after all. A mere game. It's not like 49 people are dead or anything.

Oh well, I'm sure the victims will appreciate it at least, as they're the ones who actually matter. Hopefully the price is right for medical bills and funeral arrangements.

:banghead:

Last edited:

raymusiccity

I guess it's never too late to mock people (or companies) that are making positive contributions to society. I echo LL2WDW's question, how much have you donated? Hopefully more than a million, because remember, this IS a competition after all. A mere game. It's not like 49 people are dead or anything.

Oh well, I'm sure the victims will appreciate it at least, as they're the ones who actually matter. Hopefully the price is right for medical bills and funeral arrangements.

:banghead:
Agree, but the sad reality is that most victims won't see a penny of it. All news stories this morning echo that most funds go to hospitals and 'non-profits'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom