Trophy Room opening day event at Disney Springs

jaypking83

MJ was in the building as well as celebs and nba players

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    211.3 KB · Views: 359

jt04

And absolutely zero press about it. Seems like a huge missed opportunity.

I get this sense Disney Springs is already drawing numbers far beyond expectations. Probably weren't sure if they could handle the crowds. Great thing is nobody knows who and when someone famous will show up at the TR is my guess.

Rider

It was at capacity all day long with a fairly lengthy queue. I don't think it needed anymore promoting. Those who had an interest knew what was going on, so I would say it was a success for the size of the venue.

Sorry I mean in terms of local media and in making people aware of the new stores, not just getting them to visit for opening day (although that could have happened too). Not a single mention in Orlando that Michael Jordan was in town. It would have been great publicly for the Springs and the Store. They basically threw away thousands in free advertising.

Imagine local (and maybe even national) reports of hundreds/thousands of people crowding into the Brand New Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL to see THE Michael Jordan.

Instead only some people on some shoe forums know.

Next Big Thing

Sorry I mean in terms of local media and in making people aware of the new stores, not just getting them to visit for opening day (although that could have happened too). Not a single mention in Orlando that Michael Jordan was in town. It would have been great publicly for the Springs and the Store. They basically threw away thousands in free advertising.

Imagine local (and maybe even national) reports of hundreds/thousands of people crowding into the Brand New Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL to see THE Michael Jordan.

The store made it impossible for most people to get in though.

Rider

The point isn't to get people in that day. It's to make locals and tourists aware of your store (and the new Disney Springs) so they want to visit in the future.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

I'm sure we will see something on it soon.

Next Big Thing

The crowd they want for the store knows it exists - shoe enthusiasts.

Search "Trophy Room" on google, click 'news' and you'll see a bunch of posts about the store from lots of shoe websites. The shoes released yesterday used a rare fabric and were Limited Edition. Most of the people in line probably were just there so they could resell them on ebay like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-Jo...063026?hash=item1a1414e3b2:g:IWcAAOSwR5dXQzbf

The shoes cost $275... they're currently selling for $550 in this auction. Easy money.

Not exactly sure how much these cost, but they've got bids on them at $1,700: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-Jo...196109c&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=112006063026

Last edited:

Rider

Seems kind of silly then... To build a store in a tourist mall if those aren't the type of shoppers you want.

Rider

But if they only wanted local enthusiasts it would have been far more cost effective to open a store at one of the other central Florida malls and pay far less in rent.

Since they didn't do that, I imagine their business plan includes getting lots of tourists in to buy their products too.

Edit: I'm getting off track. My point was I feel they missed an opportunity for free advertising. It remains to be seen if that maters.

Mr KK

Rider, I was in Disney Springs yesterday morning & witnessed the crowds at TR, as well as the incredible amount of security personnel, whether it was Disney management, Disney security or local police presence. If mainstream media was there to promote this event & thousands of people showed up for the opening, could you imagine the chaos & the amount of security they would have needed?

Sped2424

But as @wdwmagic said, the store was packed all day yesterday. So there was obviously no trouble getting people in the door. I'm sure there will be more events like that too.
I was at the springs yesterday at 10:55 5 minutes before closing there was a queue that wrapped to the outside of the venue still. That place is a haven for sneaker heads and sneaker heads don't play lol

maxairmike

But if they only wanted local enthusiasts it would have been far more cost effective to open a store at one of the other central Florida malls and pay far less in rent.

Since they didn't do that, I imagine their business plan includes getting lots of tourists in to buy their products too.

Edit: I'm getting off track. My point was I feel they missed an opportunity for free advertising. It remains to be seen if that maters.

Oh, they'll have no trouble getting foreign tourists to buy some Jordans. Easy money. You're over-thinking this. No need for that kind of "free advertising."

G00fyDad

Nevee got the whole shoe thing.

Me either. I work too hard when I am not at work to care about the condition of my shoes. If I am going to be that way about the shoes then I am surely not going to pay $100's for a pair. I will go to Payless or Shoe Carnival to get my shoes. I am relegated to these two locations for the cheapest pair because it is nearly impossible to locate a decent size 14 anywhere else.

Next Big Thing

Nevee got the whole shoe thing.

Me either. I work too hard when I am not at work to care about the condition of my shoes. If I am going to be that way about the shoes then I am surely not going to pay $100's for a pair. I will go to Payless or Shoe Carnival to get my shoes. I am relegated to these two locations for the cheapest pair because it is nearly impossible to locate a decent size 14 anywhere else.
From my perspective, i'll put down the money for these shoes no question when I can resell them on ebay for a nice, easy profit.

Next Big Thing

Firstly, Marcus Jordan was around. He was very nice and talking with people:

image.jpeg

Here's the store:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And these are custom shoes made for celebrities. Usher, Justin Timberlake, Kobe Bryant and Macklemore were among those in the case. For reference, the JT ones would cost $10K
image.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom