Premium Member
Original Poster
trophy-room-grand-opening-final.jpeg

Attachments

• trophy-room-grand-opening-final.jpeg
    trophy-room-grand-opening-final.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 311

Next Big Thing

I don't know how a sneaker release could sound so pretentious.
I really don't think it's about the sneakers. They are going through insane measures if you want to be there at opening, which is why I was wondering if Michael Jordan will be there. Imagine the insane lines that will form if word gets out that he's there and this bracelet thing for entry isn't something that they did. It would have potential to be chaos.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I really don't think it's about the sneakers. They are going through insane measures if you want to be there at opening, which is why I was wondering if Michael Jordan will be there. Imagine the insane lines that will form if word gets out that he's there and this bracelet thing for entry isn't something that they did. It would have potential to be chaos.
I think they are just trying to avoid the riot situation that developed at the Florida mall when foot locker had an exclusive, limited run Jordan release a few years ago.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-riot-gear-20120223_1_shoe-florida-mall-nikes

tribbleorlfl

It's not my thing, but this is pretty common for LE sneaker releases. Otherwise, they become free-for-all's. Disney has had a similar process in place for other merchandise events (in SW Weekends).

It's possible MJ will make an appearance (I overheard an employee out front yesterday say Penny Hardaway was going to attend), but I don't think this process is any indication one way or there other of that. For what it's worth, when Marcus played at UCF, MJ attended many of the home games. His security contingent was a single UCF police officer and an athletic department rep, and that was with A LOT of autograph dealers and celebrity hounds trying to get a hold of him.

Omnikron

Saw a few guys loading about 15 bags into the trunk of their car yesterday. Was wondering what was going on when we walked by and saw a large group a few cops and what I would assume paid security allowing a few people into the doors at a time.

Obviously didn't know what was going on but if these were just shoes, some people are really obsessed lol

No Name

Oh my goodness, what a procedure! And why did they have it open at 5:23 am? LOL. Tribute to Walt? Matching the date? :D

Would love to see pictures if anyone has any.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom