upload_2016-5-21_9-59-36.jpeg
maybe they did this?
upload_2016-5-21_9-56-21.jpeg
+
upload_2016-5-21_9-56-53.jpeg
+
images

NearTheEars

All the beasts are pretty terrible. So this is neither an improvement or a step back. They have been working on an artulated head for years. Hope this ain't it.

My thoughts as well. I don't like any of them. The nose on the current one is distracting. I guess at least the new one looks friendlier for the kiddos

radiorae

Here's a side-by-side of the 3 pictures provided so far, in the order they were posted:
SS4tfCm.png
I actually don't think it's too bad. I think the biggest issue is probably the eyebrows-- if they were more furrowed and less surprised it would help a lot. His face shape isn't that different from before-- the fangs follow the curve of his jaw instead of pointing straight up and he has a full beard instead of a goatee which makes his face seem skinnier than it is (don't get me wrong, I agree his face shape was tweaked a little towards the skinny side... I just think the beard/fangs exaggerate it).

GrammieBee

The whole point of "Beauty and the Beast" was that Belle saw what was inside him and fell in love with a mean,ugly looking BEAST. Maybe Disney does not want to scare the little kiddies, but, to me, the newest version is starting to look like something soft and huggable. More like a favorite stuffed animal than a beast.

Magenta Panther

That's awful. It looks like a sports mascot costume. Is that the articulated Beast head we've heard tell about? If so, maybe it looks better in action.

elchippo

when I saw the Beast at BOG he was awkwardly top heavy....I can tell this new version evens out proportions better, but the head looks sort of cheap and even off-model. I feel like he'll only take a picture for $20.

Lets get the hashtag going: #timessquarebeast

JIMINYCR

If thats the Beast we are getting, :(:confused::( I'll skip the photo shoot after my BOG meal. Glad I had taken enough memorable photos on my past trips. The Beast should portray The Beast. This looks like hes connecting with his Princess side. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom