Disney After Hours Event

jlsHouston

EMH as other than a paid event is not long for this world according to well connected insiders (of which I AM NOT ONE OF) Right now Disney is just searching for the right price point after which EMH will join the long list of 'used to be included with admission/hotel' things.
Well that will suck, I love EMH in the summer. So are these EMH for a price catching on and selling out? What about EMM this summer with breakfast included? I could almost purchase that one even if it's only for an hour with 3 rides available, since we can all go eat once the gate opens to the public..my biggest fear though is we will oversleep and miss it totally.

Speedy71

They are really trying to milk people out of their hard earned cash.

cow_0.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They're really stubbornly clinging to this, aren't they?

If this fails how can Disney monetize EMH, I don't know why (but my opinion is well known) Disney is grubbing for money in the sofa cushions and TWDC appears to be desperate so this thing will continue until either the other shoe drops or the media roundly mocks TWDC for attempting to monetize what used to be part of the on-site perks.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
It appears that the first Sunday Night After Hours event is this weekend. (And yes, if you were wondering, tickets are still available.) I wonder if a Sunday night event will sell a little better than Thursday nights. My guess is that there will be no difference.

I imagine that Disney has pretty much declared this event as a failure. They are just going through the remaining schedule for whatever reason. Perhaps they have at least some tickets sold for each upcoming night and didn't want to refund. Although, if I purchased tickets for this and found out that most of the people in the park got in for free, I would be pretty upset.

upload_2016-5-6_9-58-57.png

note2001

if I purchased tickets for this and found out that most of the people in the park got in for free, I would be pretty upset.

I can imagine it is quite a difficult task to keep those who are getting in for free from saying anything about it in the parks during the event, particularly when the majority of the guests present also got their tickets handed to them.

Last edited:

glvsav37

I can imagine it's quite a difficult task to keep those who are getting in for free from saying anything about it in the parks during the event, particularly when the majority of the guests present also got their tickets for free.

I heard they are moving away from using the event lanyards and providing tickets printed on the front of duct tape...that they will then place over the guest's mouth.

Lirael

I heard they are moving away from using the event lanyards and providing tickets printed on the front of duct tape...that they will then place over the guest's mouth.
No, they realized that wouldn't work out well.

Currently they plan to staple tickets to the inside of customers' wallets, in the hopes that money falls out when said customers open them up to show the tickets.

jlsHouston

I just can't see how they can give free tickets to an after hour event while making others pay and be okay with that. Talk about the bad will that can cause. As far as the little eat and ride 3 rides in Fantasyland in the morning, I think I am going to stay away from that too. Compared to what they charge for character dining and dessert parties with special viewing seats, I'm not freaked by that pricing but my problem is more along the lines our happy selves will oversleep and miss the no wait on the rides and only make it in time to eat...none of us are morning people especially the kiddos

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom