PHOTOS - Construction walls now block of the back section of Streets of America

HauntedMansionFLA

While they're at it why don't they just tell us what they're planning for phases 3 and 4 or better yet let us choose;)
It would be interesting to see what would happen if Disney would let the members of this site pick what would go into phase 3 & 4. I love a Star Wars and would love another huge land to be developed but that wouldn't be the best interest of the park. Unique, well thought out lands different than DLR.

deere839

Notice it was on the map near Starring Rolls Cafe i did not get a picture of it so im guessing they might have that area reopen for summer for that section.

J. D.

Notice it was on the map near Starring Rolls Cafe i did not get a picture of it so im guessing they might have that area reopen for summer for that section.
Pretty sure that map still has American Idol and Legend of Jack Sparrow listed.

jmmc

keep drinking the kool aid.. Toy story is also going to close for the addition.. albeit for a short term.. none the less more closures are coming.. the park has never been finished and is no where near to a full day park.. ( and its my favorite park, ) .. but you just Keep the faith.. Disney is COUNTING ON YOUR DOLLARS..
I just can't see this in such a negative light when people have complained in recent years about there being nothing here to make it a full day park, and now we are getting two major expansions. One probably more "major" then the others. We'd all like things to be built quickly, but these things have to take time.

So... we want Disney to fix problems we have with the parks, but they have to not shut down other things for too long to do it. I know it is frustrating when you go on your expensive, sometimes years-in-the-making WDW trip and you can't go on your favorite ride, or have to see big construction walls. But they have to work on the park some time, and they're open year round. It's just the way it works.

JUFL2019

I just can't see this in such a negative light when people have complained in recent years about there being nothing here to make it a full day park, and now we are getting two major expansions. One probably more "major" then the others. We'd all like things to be built quickly, but these things have to take time.

So... we want Disney to fix problems we have with the parks, but they have to not shut down other things for too long to do it. I know it is frustrating when you go on your expensive, sometimes years-in-the-making WDW trip and you can't go on your favorite ride, or have to see big construction walls. But they have to work on the park some time, and they're open year round. It's just the way it works.

That's called logic, but a lot of people on here will now call you a pixie duster because of your positivity :)

jmmc

I also think DAK is a full day park as well. Those who say its not clearly don't experience half of the attractions (not just rides) that the park has to offer.
I know this is a secondary point for this thread, but I wanted to just throw my agreement behind this. I was telling someone this the other day. It's a half day park if you just want rides. If you're going to a place called Animal Kingdom and skipping over the "zoo" trails, you're missing out. Not that you have to be interested in that, but that's the unique experience the park offers.

brb1006

I find it somewhat fascinating to see Streets Of America slowly being demolished. I don't know why though, maybe because it looks so crammed in. Can't wait to see more of the buildings being demolished for the next few months.

Last edited:

jmmc

I will miss these areas of the park, as I visited them back when many of them first opened, and it takes away some atmosphere. But while the Streets of America area was a nice little diversion to rest a bit, there wasn't really much there beyond maybe a fun photo that looks like you're in SF or NY. And the backlot tour had been sort of pointless for years, aside from Catastrophe Canyon, given that TV and film production ended many years ago.

Disney is obviously trying to rebrand the park somewhat, and based on the biggest complaints about this park for many years, it's way overdue.

jmmc

Too bad there wasn't a map with the dates of what was being demoed and keeping everyone in the loop of what's going on. I know that's a stretch. :)
Yes, it would be nice, but when some unexpected setback hits, then everyone will complain that they're behind schedule. And there's just no way possible to be certain everything goes smoothly.

gmajew

Premium Member

I agree with you I don't get people attitude... Yes it can be done faster yes others may do it faster... Disney does not need to or want to per there model... Ok sucks for an extra 12 months... not the end of the world.

This park for me is a skip unless I have time to kill during my 10 day visit each year while construction is going on... That is my choice my kids still want to go and ride the 4 rides they like and then head to another park... So we will see who wins the fight in June.

FullSailDan

This park for me is a skip unless I have time to kill during my 10 day visit each year while construction is going on... That is my choice my kids still want to go and ride the 4 rides they like and then head to another park... So we will see who wins the fight in June.

I'd advise an evening over there for the star wars fireworks alone. It blows every show in the park of out the water right now. But being close up to the Chinese Theater is a must or the view and sound are off. Husband and I wander over a few times a month as it's a 12 minute trip from door to park entrance for us but had family in town last week and everyone, even those not into SW, we're in awe of the show.

ToTBellHop

I'd advise an evening over there for the star wars fireworks alone. It blows every show in the park of out the water right now. But being close up to the Chinese Theater is a must or the view and sound are off. Husband and I wander over a few times a month as it's a 12 minute trip from door to park entrance for us but had family in town last week and everyone, even those not into SW, we're in awe of the show.
Those fireworks apparently won't be running after April 30.

FullSailDan

Those fireworks apparently won't be running after April 30.

They are updating the show, and there will probably be an extension of the existing stuff. I think the thought was ROL would take some of the pressure off, and they could tinker with the new elements then. Since ROL isn't going live, there is a need to keep running the fireworks to draw crowds away from Magic Kingdom at night

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom