Roller Coaster Tycoon World

StageFrenzy

Possible. But I think RCTW Is multiple explanations away from that. They still haven't stated if their is a wall/scenery ability like the previous 3 games so you can enclose rides. They are also lacking a few other major components before they get to the inclusion of hotels and such
Oh yeah at this point there is no way I'd pre order RCTW. I need to see a lot more, I wasn't that impressed with the rollercoaster demo at PAX. I just don't know if the game will be ready by Q4 this year.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Oh yeah at this point there is no way I'd pre order RCTW. I need to see a lot more, I wasn't that impressed with the rollercoaster demo at PAX. I just don't know if the game will be ready by Q4 this year.
I'm waiting to see more of Parkitect which might be perfect for my laptop and then Planet Coaster which j can't wait to hear more about

StarWarsGirl

Via the FB page: The official release date is Dec 10, 2015

It's a very exciting day for RCTW! Today we're proud to announce our worldwide release date - December 10, 2015!

Along with that, we are now offering PRE-ORDERS of RCTW. Pre-ordering is the ONLY WAY to enter our Beta Program, beginning later this year. Click here to pre-order now: http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/buy/

RollerCoaster Tycoon World will be available in both Standard and Deluxe editions. The Deluxe Edition includes two additional maps, terrain texture additions, a digital art book, a gold park entrance, and the classic Panda mascot!

Follow our blog for more info on pre-orders, Beta program, UGC, Mac support, and more: http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-19-release-date-announcement-and-beta-access-info/

And read up on all the latest RCTW news, thanks to PC Gamer: www.pcgamer.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-release-date-set-for-december/

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Roller Coaster Tycoon World Enters Beta This Weekend
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/r...er-tycoon-world-enters-beta-this-weekend.aspx

Roller Coaster Tycoon World isn’t leaving the station until December, but faithful fans can start playing this weekend. Atari is planning its first beta weekend to begin this Friday, October 30.

Anyone that has already purchased the game via Steam will be in the beta automatically. If you ordered directly from Atari, you’ll need to activate your copy on Steam. This test will focus on roller coaster building, so the financial model and peeps (your park visitors) won’t be active during this weekend.

You will be able to use the entire coaster building toolset, simulation, physics, first-person riding, scenery you can place in your park, and more will be featured. You’ll only have access to the forest scenery type this time out, though.

The beta will end on November 2. A second weekend test is planned for November.

Macca250

Original Poster
Not that I've played the beta, unfortunately life didn't allow me the time over that weekend, but I must say the feedback of those who have isn't reassuring in the slightest. There has been lots of talk that the coaster builder is broken and difficult to use, not to mention some people experiencing technical problems to the extent of which they were unable to launch the game. I know this is a beta build, but we are VERY close to the release date. "I have a bad feeling about this" - anyone here had a chance to play?

Macca250

Original Poster
Okay so since I started this thread; a lot of time has passed and we've had a lot of different developers and a lot of disappointment. Now we're in the early access and I am speechless. To best demonstrate how dire things are, I have stumbled across this video that focuses on the game's animations. I couldn't bear to watch past the four minute mark. Early access or not, with the development time that this game has had, I think it's time to give up.

In my opinion the war between RCT and Planet Coaster is over before either game has officially hit the shelves. Atari has messed up this game to an unprecedented level. I've preordered Planet Coaster and I apologise for ever getting my hopes up that RCTW could have been salvaged into something decent. :banghead:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I watched a stream of Planet Coaster last night and it's incredibly broken. Crowds can get bugged and fused together, coaster cars can go through parts of the track, you don't get the terrain option until next month, you only get 2 coaster selections at start up etc. Its incredibly incomplete.

Voxel

I watched a stream of Planet Coaster last night and it's incredibly broken. Crowds can get bugged and fused together, coaster cars can go through parts of the track, you don't get the terrain option until next month, you only get 2 coaster selections at start up etc. Its incredibly incomplete.
Considering that the Coaster option wasn't suppose to be in the current build, you really can't complain about that. Also Planet Coaster, should be more broken then RCTW at this phase of development, considering it's an Alpha build, RCTW is a late BETA almost gold release build with more issues then Planet Coaster.
ALSO look at the beauty of this game engine:

StageFrenzy

Anyone else checked out Parkitect? It's in a similar state as the other theme park simulators out right now early access/beta. It has some neat features and ideas.

Voxel

Anyone else checked out Parkitect? It's in a similar state as the other theme park simulators out right now early access/beta. It has some neat features and ideas.
I have been playing Parkitect for the last 3 days. I love it. It doesn't have the same detail level as Planet Coaster but for a game in Alpha it's a lot of fun esp if you like designing all the details of the park. Check out Silvarret's videos for Parkitect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom