What song are you listening to currently?

rael ramone

Nobody's Home- Avril Lavigne

Couldn't get into her 2nd album. "Let Go", once you get past some of the overly poppy stuff, showed an awful lot of promise. Sounded like she could have been the next Dolores O'Riordan (of the Cranberries). To me it sounded like she went in the other direction for the 2nd one, and I lost interest.. (recommend Dolores's solo disc 'Are You Listening' very, very much - it's up there with the best Cranberries stuff).

I virtually never listen 'online' to stuff, but a workmate of mine recommended I check out some October Project - it's OK, not great. Kinda reminded me a bit of the 70's prog band Renaissance (saw them live as an opening act but hadn't heard much of their studio stuff) so I searched for that. This I might seek out. Kinda like Joni Mitchell, but with more fuller arrangements.

Mickey Ears

Couldn't get into her 2nd album. "Let Go", once you get past some of the overly poppy stuff, showed an awful lot of promise. Sounded like she could have been the next Dolores O'Riordan (of the Cranberries). To me it sounded like she went in the other direction for the 2nd one, and I lost interest.. (recommend Dolores's solo disc 'Are You Listening' very, very much - it's up there with the best Cranberries stuff).

I virtually never listen 'online' to stuff, but a workmate of mine recommended I check out some October Project - it's OK, not great. Kinda reminded me a bit of the 70's prog band Renaissance (saw them live as an opening act but hadn't heard much of their studio stuff) so I searched for that. This I might seek out. Kinda like Joni Mitchell, but with more fuller arrangements.
I love Dolores O' Riordan and also Are You Listening? I think she has probably the best modern Rock and Roll female voice.
I am listening to When We Were Young by Dolores O' Riordan.

rael ramone

Last night:

Tragic Kingdom - No Doubt (when I used to drive down to the swamps, the disc was a must play). Miss this Gwen very much.
Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie - Alanis Morissette (everything on this disc is good).

rael ramone

I love Dolores O' Riordan and also Are You Listening? I think she has probably the best modern Rock and Roll female voice.
I am listening to When We Were Young by Dolores O' Riordan.

As good as the solo stuff is, I found the reunion Cranberries album 'The Roses' a huge disappointment - reminded me of the later Cranberries releases and not the vital solo stuff or those very good first 2 Cranberries albums...

If you like this stuff what 'might' be a reach is Emmylou Harris 'Wrecking Ball' - not in any way, shape or form a country album - it's got Daniel Lanois producing and his 'sound' is all over it. Larry Mullen Jr. of U2 does a lot of the drums. Firmly in the 'Adult Alternative' category.

rael ramone

Last night gave Queens 'Jazz' a spin. Like a lot of their albums, it seems like the results are less then the sum of their parts. Talent all around undeniable, but a lot of their albums are merely 'fair'. ('Night at the Opera' is definitely a solid one).

rael ramone

Gave 'Queen II' a spin last night. Much better then Jazz, but still it could be so much better. The first half is real good, but once you get to Ogre Battle they lose the plot...

Afterwards played Caravans 'In the Land of Grey and Pink'. Much better.

rael ramone

last night...

Rush - Roll The Bones - the good stuff on here is real good, but a lot of filler as well...(kinda like every Rush release past Moving Pictures, and I hate having to say that)...

Elbow - Asleep In the Back - pretty solid.

rael ramone

My roster last night:

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel 2 (otherwise known as 'Scratch')
Radiohead - Amnesiac
Paul McCartney - Wings at the Speed of Sound (Saturday at the Park w/ Eloise - a bonus track - sounds Main St USAish)
Paul Weller - Wild Wood

rael ramone

last night

Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key Of Life - Stevie is probably my favorite keyboard player - and harmonica player. Mandatory listening.

The Beach Boys - Carl and the Passions So Tough - He Come Down is beyond terrible, Marcella & You Need A Mess of Hope to Stand Alone are OK, but the rest is well worth the price of admission. The Dennis songs are great. The Blondie Chaplin/Ricky Fataar songs are great. All This Is That is the best thing on here.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
OK, I'm going to be 100% honest. Putting iTunes on shuffle. Hit play.

"Happy the Man" - Genesis

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom