Disney Springs Water Taxi hours to be reduced from this weekend

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I never understood why these boats ran to begin with. It's not that far of a walk. It has to be quite expensive to run these boats.
Ambiance I think. Something different. You have a waterfront area and it is cool to have a water taxi as an option. With the cuts, Im surprised that the water taxis from the resorts are not being cut.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
This is a cut that makes sense. I know the boats are used, but it is not impossible to travel the distance by land. If it were the resorts, too, that would be a different story.

I love the resort water taxis, but there is another option... busses. I wonder if the resort water taxi service will be reduced when the new bus terminal is open. I hope not.

Rider

It's a nice little ride on any day but it was actually quite convent the last time we were there.

My mom has bad knees and unfortunately the shop was out of wheelchairs to rent and we had to get from Disney Quest to Raglin Road for dinner. She never would have been able to walk that far but tha boats worked perfectly there and back.

hpyhnt 1000

Is there a spot where someone is keeping track of any/all cuts that have been taking place this year?

Off top of my head, there's been:
  • Water park hours
  • Epcot Future World hours
  • Disney Quest hours
  • Disney Springs watercraft hours
Of course there are others that are rumored or mentions, many concerning staffing levels and some CM perks behind the scenes. Just would be interesting to see everything compiled in one spot for easy reference.

Jon81uk

They are actually heavily used. A lot of people do not want to, or are unable to walk the distance from the West Side back to the busses.

Once the Town Center bus lot opens though the walk should even back out though as the buses will be pretty central and a reasonably long walk from the nearest pier.

Personally as long as the hours for the boats to/from Port Orleans & Old Key West are maintained the other boats don't matter so much. For Saratoga Springs the walk was pretty short, we never took the boat.

Cmdr_Crimson

They are actually heavily used. A lot of people do not want to, or are unable to walk the distance from the West Side back to the busses.

I enjoy the boat ride back from the West side back to the Marketplace...No reason for me to backtrack on the things I already saw..Although it may be a bit different once the new Bus hub opens..It's the other reason I use it just to get to the bus area quicker..

FrankLapidus

Wasn't it already reported that the Port Orleans to Disney Springs boat service was being scaled back?

Scaling it back during daytime park operating hours would make some sense if they want to insist on pinching pennies.

Doing so at night would be madness on Disney's part and I'd be surprised if they do go down that route.

Witchy Chick

Is there a spot where someone is keeping track of any/all cuts that have been taking place this year?

Off top of my head, there's been:
  • Water park hours
  • Epcot Future World hours
  • Disney Quest hours
  • Disney Springs watercraft hours
Of course there are others that are rumored or mentions, many concerning staffing levels and some CM perks behind the scenes. Just would be interesting to see everything compiled in one spot for easy reference.

Friendship boats in the Epcot-DHS loop (5 boats down to 4) and within the World Showcase lagoon (one boat) also?

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...hanghai-and-paris.909756/page-57#post-7102227

Or has that not been confirmed yet?

gdrj

Stopping at 11:30 at night will have minimal impact for most guests. I am more concerned with cuts that impact guest experiences such as IF busses to resorts or boats to resorts are impacted. Like any company making cuts, it is a challenge to balance financial vs. guest impact. If upkeep of parks, cleanliness, is impacted that also would be a concern.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom