DVC Resale Add-Ons

FrostyNaples

Original Poster
Let's say you were to purchase resale one year, then an add-on the following year (same use year, same resort).

Would you have to pay dues on 'each' contract? Or since they are both same use year, same resort and only one membership number, do you pay just one set of dues?

And if you repeat the process anytime in the future, just adding small amounts to the same resort and same use year if you get the itch to do so.

Clearly having a ton of small contracts and having to pay dues on all of them wouldn't make much sense right?

lostpro9het

Let's say you were to purchase resale one year, then an add-on the following year (same use year, same resort).

Would you have to pay dues on 'each' contract? Or since they are both same use year, same resort and only one membership number, do you pay just one set of dues?

And if you repeat the process anytime in the future, just adding small amounts to the same resort and same use year if you get the itch to do so.

Clearly having a ton of small contracts and having to pay dues on all of them wouldn't make much sense right?
This is my scenario exactly. I pay one set of dues but the dues are itemized by contract.

EOD K9

I'm pretty sure you are paying per point. I have my direct sale and my resale. My dues will come out of my account at the same time, but I will be paying a tad more.

ParentsOf4

Annual Maintenance Fees (MF) are paid on a per point basis.

For example, someone with 200 total points at a resort will pay double what someone with 100 total points pays at that same resort, regardless of how the points are divided between contracts.

Conversely, having multiple contracts has an effect on closing costs at the time of initial purchase. Certain closing costs are the same whether (for example) someone purchases 25 points or 250 points.

dreamfinder

As mentioned, dues are per point. Basically the dues are the percentage of costs related to running the resort. If there was a million points at AKL, and it cost $5 million to run the resort, then each point would be responsible for $5 worth of dues. However many points you own, you need to pay the corresponding amount of dues.

Small contracts tend to hold their value slightly better on resale, since people many only need a few points so they can travel a different time of year, and there aren't nearly as many small contracts sold initially. Otherwise owning multiple small contracts has no different day to day usage over one large contract.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom