MagicGoofy

Original Poster
image.jpg
This thread can be used for speculating/giving ideas on what they could be selling from foods to souvenirs. I know it may seem early but who knows what they might show at D23 during the presentation/show floor!
Even though this picture doesn't show merchandise, I think it still shows the hints of potential in merchandice this land has..

Last edited:

UpAllNight

I imagine we will be seeing a lot of glow in the dark radio controlled merchandise that will in some way react with the environment at night (similar to Fantasmic). If not it's a wasted opportunity.

Incomudro

T-shirts. ;)

Seriously though, yes tribal style merchandise - which is widely available in AK anyway, but more Pandora themed.
They can certainly sell Navi figures, and Banshee and other creatures as well.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I keep picturing the Navi baby, sitting quietly in the dark - glowing, and as I am about to look away it opens its eyes! AAAAAAAAAAAAH!
I can animate that for you. If you like.... Give me about $700 and I'll make it move it's arms, legs, mouth, and eyes. It will creep you out... With a RAPU and a decent battery, I can make you have nightmares....

*1023*

AEfx

This is one of the areas where I find the choice of Avatar a head-scratcher for WDW. Someone goes to WWOHP and can dress themselves in an entire outfit there and walk away with everyone who sees them knowing exactly where they have been, with no label/brand text to tell them. With Avatar? Maybe sell Navi pelts you can wear as a jacket? I bet you even after it opens, half of the people you saw at WDW who saw it would still think you skinned a smurf... ;)

Prototype82

There's tons of potential. Tribal bracelets, jewelry, toy bows with foam arrows(with your do-not-open-in-park, lightsaber rule) a massive menagerie of plush toys(I honestly hope this gets its own Navii-themed animal toystore) Every kid going on that ride is going to want to take one of the pretty blue dragons home. Press a button and it's bioluminescent! Heck some of the hot sellers at Magical Menagerie in Diagon Alley are obscure stuffed creatures that we've never seen before. Tribal Facepaint, temporary tattoos... I hope they do this right and have a lot of fun with offering truly original merchandise.

Last edited:

Wameyn

Do you think they will sell those tails so you can dock with your friends?

That would be cool if they sold a Na'vi wig that had a queue that could be used to make tsaheylu with friends or even different places in Pandora where you could connect to learn more about the direhorse or ikran. If there ends up being a tree of voices or tree of souls type willow, its would be amazing to connect to it as well.

erasure fan1

This is one of the areas where I find the choice of Avatar a head-scratcher for WDW. Someone goes to WWOHP and can dress themselves in an entire outfit there and walk away with everyone who sees them knowing exactly where they have been, with no label/brand text to tell them. With Avatar? Maybe sell Navi pelts you can wear as a jacket? I bet you even after it opens, half of the people you saw at WDW who saw it would still think you skinned a smurf... ;)
I agree with this 100%. While I am sure they will come up with plenty of things to sell, I just don't see the demand for Avatar anything. Like I have said before, for a movie that made sooooooo much money, it has left almost no pop culture imprint. I guess maybe we should commend Disney for picking something they think will be a stunning land verses something motivated by selling merchandise. Heck, that might be a first!:greedy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom