New castle show Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to open this summer at the Magic Kingdom

Donaldfan1934

Nice to see Princess and the Frog and Tangled get some recognition, but I wish it wasn't in the form of another obnoxious stage show. Judging by the concept art, not only are they keeping the crappy looking gold arches on the stage, but it looks like they're adding even more crap to it. I would be somewhat forgiving of another stage show if they just toned down the stage to its original form. Disneyland Park doesn't need a castle stage show, so why does MK? When will TDO learn?

ChristianG

Here's hoping for some live performers! (Well I'm really hoping for a live band...but those days seem to be long gone!)
I doubt this will have live performers. If this follows a schedule similar to DAWM's, it'll be much easier (and cheaper) to use prerecorded tracks. For instance, they didn't bother using a live singer for Tiana's Showboat Jubilee which performed multiple times a day when Disneyland's version of the show did. FL isn't an easy place to find equity performers and I doubt they'd want to find the time and resources to go scouting. One can hope, though. Live performers make the experience a lot more enjoyable.

ToTBellHop

I doubt this will have live performers. If this follows a schedule similar to DAWM's, it'll be much easier (and cheaper) to use prerecorded tracks. For instance, they didn't bother using a live singer for Tiana's Showboat Jubilee which performed multiple times a day when Disneyland's version of the show did. FL isn't an easy place to find equity performers and I doubt they'd want to find the time and resources to go scouting. One can hope, though. Live performers make the experience a lot more enjoyable.
I highly doubt equity will be used as there is no face character that this focuses on.

mm52200

Schedule is no problem. Most shows with equity performers have them doing five or six show days, or they can always have two casts each day. Also there is no supply issue of Equity performers. People would love to be cast in Equity roles and auditions for Equity roles are usually held in multiple cities. It's just a matter of it TDO wants to shell out the extra money for them. They probably won't.

Disney4family

Since Mickey is a magician at his meet & greet, wearing this costume for the show, has another one for the daytime parade, themed attire for his respective restaurant appearances, Sorcerer at DHS - is there any place where people can see him (or any of the Fab 5) in "traditional" clothes?

Donaldfan1934

Sooooooo DAWM closes April 2. This new show opens "summer 2016".

Is that typical to have a (at minimum) 2 month "closure" when transitioning to a new show? Or is this more $$$$$$ saving?
Well if they want to save money, they shouldn't do one at all. That way, there won't be a show blaring down Main Street. But if they still want to spend the money, they should invest it in running the Main Street vehicles and the spontaneous town square/hub character meet and greets. Would it kill them to make the right decision?

Donaldfan1934

That's what I thought. Sad in a way. Nothing screams Disney more than seeing the characters in person looking like the characters you grew up with. It was nice seeing them in front of the castle "as themselves".
If they still had more spontaneous character meet and greets and/or built a new Toontown, then this wouldn't be a problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom