'The Dark Side of Disney' the documentary film

Raineman

I love 'em so much. You know, I'd be in one thread foaming at the mouf over stupid tourists climbing out of their boats and walking all over Pirates' scenery when the ride breaks down, and in another celebrating Hoot and Chief, and I don't know how to reconcile all that. But still, I love what they did and would so gladly be in their shoes. Well Hoots... :lookarou
I find it odd and kind of frustrating that people enjoy what this Hoots guy was doing, and in the same breath, talk crap about Adam The Woo, who has never, at least on film, done anything nearly as invasive or dangerous as hopping out of a moving ride and walking through the show areas. You want to talk about lifetime bans-this guy should be at the top of the list.

The Empress Lilly

I find it odd and kind of frustrating that people enjoy what this Hoots guy was doing, and in the same breath, talk crap about Adam The Woo, who has never, at least on film, done anything nearly as invasive or dangerous as hopping out of a moving ride and walking through the show areas. You want to talk about lifetime bans-this guy should be at the top of the list.
That's a fair position to hold. For me I realise that I am making the ends justify the means in regards to Hoot and Chief.

And also I am simply jealous of their massive *what's making bell sounds at the top of your screen this month*.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Well got the book for Xmas and it's like a guide book for really naughty people. I'm currently reading the part where they're describing places to have sex in Disney and they don't mean your hotel room.

Raineman

That's a fair position to hold. For me I realise that I am making the ends justify the means in regards to Hoot and Chief.

And also I am simply jealous of their massive *what's making bell sounds at the top of your screen this month*.
Don't get me wrong, there isn't a person on here that hasn't wanted to say "hey, can you guys stop the ride? I just wanna hop out and get a closer look at that AA at the back." But, the level of danger that could be involved in doing what Hoot did make it a stupid move- we have no idea what ride/show mechanisms are in the show scenes, and I'm sure that some of them could kill someone who didn't know they were there. Could you imagine someone trying that today? The ride would stop, and you'd have CMs and security on you before you could move.

Tom Morrow

They're so daring that they get to see stuff that thousands upon thousands of yearly new frontline employees get to see as part of their job.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Wow, they broke into Splash Mountain one night whilst it was under construction (actually they worked as custodians so technically didn't 'break in' but they certainly shouldn't have been there) :eek::cool:

Raineman

I hate to beat a dead horse, but, IMO, if Adam The Woo released videos showing him doing what Hoot and Chief did, a number of people on these forums would be all over him. I don't get it. These two guys did not just trespass into a restricted area, they trespassed into active show scenes and a construction site-but Adam The Woo is the idiot? :banghead:

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Wow, they broke into Splash Mountain one night whilst it was under construction (actually they worked as custodians so technically didn't 'break in' but they certainly shouldn't have been there) :eek::cool:

Kind of hard to tell what was going on, but cool nonetheless.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Finally managed to get the dvd. It's an ok watch but nothing too special. Spent way too much time on the mother of the guy who made the movie whilst she talked about going to Disney back in the day. Reminded me of your nan telling you stuff you had no interest in like how she went to Disney with her best friend Hilda whose brother's son Roger had married a Chinese woman who had only one ear after being involved in a factory accident in 1977 as an 8 year old child in her uncle's factory where they made pantyhose that he'd inherited from his brother who was killed by his mistresses husband after catching them skinny dipping in a friend's swimming pool after an 18th birthday party for his niece who was called Su Linn and had been engaged to a Mexian chap who'd been to prison for being caught as a peeping tom on numerous occasions and is now on death row after getting involved in a prison fight with a man called Leroy over who got the last sausage in the prison canteen.

It also included a guy who enjoyed drugs, a lot!!!! He seemed unable to enjoy Disney unless he was high on drugs, in fact he didn't seem to function at all unless he was high on drugs, all the time.

Some good bits in it too, just not quite as interesting as I'd have hoped and could have been better.

KraftServices

Finally managed to get the dvd. It's an ok watch but nothing too special. Spent way too much time on the mother of the guy who made the movie whilst she talked about going to Disney back in the day. Reminded me of your nan telling you stuff you had no interest in like how she went to Disney with her best friend Hilda whose brother's son Roger had married a Chinese woman who had only one ear after being involved in a factory accident in 1977 as an 8 year old child in her uncle's factory where they made pantyhose that he'd inherited from his brother who was killed by his mistresses husband after catching them skinny dipping in a friend's swimming pool after an 18th birthday party for his niece who was called Su Linn and had been engaged to a Mexian chap who'd been to prison for being caught as a peeping tom on numerous occasions and is now on death row after getting involved in a prison fight with a man called Leroy over who got the last sausage in the prison canteen.

I don't know what you mean, that whole twisted family backstory about Nan's friend's brother's wife was actually really interesting.

Raineman

Yes he is, and a bit of a creeper at that.
My point was-why are people on here raving about what Hoot and Chief did, but jump all over Adam for the trespassing he did years ago. Jumping into show scenes, with moving machinery, that's extremely idiotic, and alot worse than what Adam got banned for. And I disagree with you on him-I enjoy his vlogs, and I don't find him to be a creeper at all.

raven

My point was-why are people on here raving about what Hoot and Chief did, but jump all over Adam for the trespassing he did years ago. Jumping into show scenes, with moving machinery, that's extremely idiotic, and alot worse than what Adam got banned for. And I disagree with you on him-I enjoy his vlogs, and I don't find him to be a creeper at all.
He admits that people follow him thinking that he's up to no good. Also puts his camera down and films himself doing truely bazar things by himself. That's very creepy to people around him. Also copies a lot of Justin Scarred's mannerisms, voices and comedy bits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom