Volcano Bay

Jon81uk

Which is less then it costs you to park at a Disney water park

Edit, I was incorrect, they are free.

However Aquatica (SeaWorlds water park) does charge. That annoyed me when we arrived there as we only planned to spend 2-3 hours at the park. We only went as it was "free" with our SeaWorld / Busch ticket so maybe parking charges is where the profit is....

JoeCamel

To the question of parking for VB and the CBBR expansion I think they have figured it out. I went by the Sapphire bay site yesterday and they built something in addition to the hotel.... A huge parking structure is on the CBBR/VB side of the site. One overpass later and they solve the parking issue for all three. They are pretty good at building overpasses so plan on a new place to park.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
To the question of parking for VB and the CBBR expansion I think they have figured it out. I went by the Sapphire bay site yesterday and they built something in addition to the hotel.... A huge parking structure is on the CBBR/VB side of the site. One overpass later and they solve the parking issue for all three. They are pretty good at building overpasses so plan on a new place to park.

I am guessing the part that is marked as "ballroom and meeting room" also includes the garage since it looks like a road goes into it. They will also be left with a chunk of land in the corner where the construction trailers currently are.

Capture.JPG

WPE5tn1.jpg

cheezbat

looking forward to a new water park :)

maybe a few too many though?

Four waterparks in central Florida is not too many at all. Since 1995 there have been at least four: River Country 1976-2001, Wet N Wild 1977-current, Adventure Island 1985-current, Water Mania 1986-2005, Typhoon Lagoon 1989-current, Blizzard Beach 1995, and Aquatica 2008-current. That's a LOT of waterparks, but consider that WNW, BB, TL, and AQ all bring in over a million visitors a year. Top dogs in attendance. Couple that with the fact that supposedly over 70 million people visited Orlando last year, there's plenty of people to full those parks!

Wikkler

Four waterparks in central Florida is not too many at all. Since 1995 there have been at least four: River Country 1976-2001, Wet N Wild 1977-current, Adventure Island 1985-current, Water Mania 1986-2005, Typhoon Lagoon 1989-current, Blizzard Beach 1995, and Aquatica 2008-current. That's a LOT of waterparks, but consider that WNW, BB, TL, and AQ all bring in over a million visitors a year. Top dogs in attendance. Couple that with the fact that supposedly over 70 million people visited Orlando last year, there's plenty of people to full those parks!
deleteme.png

It's hard to believe that from 1995 to 2001 you could visit Orlando for a week-long trip and only go to water parks!

Wikkler

I am guessing the part that is marked as "ballroom and meeting room" also includes the garage since it looks like a road goes into it. They will also be left with a chunk of land in the corner where the construction trailers currently are.

View attachment 109212

View attachment 109213
I hate to reply to a post this old, but here's what it looks like when you overlay the two pictures:
deleteme.png

trr1

do they say when the opening is(spring,summer,fall of 2017)
and I hope you can get it in place of wet and wild

Journey_On

do they say when the opening is(spring,summer,fall of 2017)
and I hope you can get it in place of wet and wild

It hasn't been announced yet what season it will be opening. It will definitely be 2017. It would make sense to open in spring or early summer, and some people have been speculating that.

Volcano Bay is currently being constructed, and it is near Cabana Bay Beach Resort.

trr1

I just talked to a travel agent today and she said that wet and wild will close when volcano bay opens
what do you think Uni will do with that 50 acres?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom