PHOTOS - Construction walls now block of the back section of Streets of America

ItlngrlBella

Can't believe this won't be done until 2023.

The scary thing is even though you may be sarcastic, I fear that may be the case. We're not booking any further trips to WDW until DHS is done and Avatar opens. We're thinking 2021 to be safe (and with the way prices skyrocket it gives us time to save up).

I hope the WDW Construction Crews work harder and faster than Trump, Cruz, Bernie, and Hillary are working Iowa right now.

Last edited:

bjlc57

and now we are supposed to wait FOUR PLUS YEARS for this to be done.. and give them our money in the meantime? Come.. on MK was built in a year.. so was Disney Land.. and the company has BILLIONS MORE DOLLARS NOW then they did back then.. Get this done in a TIMELY MANNER or close the park.. but don't take away 40% of a half full park and tell us its ALL GOOD TO GO.. We are DUMB.. but for the most part , us the consumers ARE NOT STUPID..

Jon81uk

and now we are supposed to wait FOUR PLUS YEARS for this to be done.. and give them our money in the meantime? Come.. on MK was built in a year.. so was Disney Land.. and the company has BILLIONS MORE DOLLARS NOW then they did back then.. Get this done in a TIMELY MANNER or close the park.. but don't take away 40% of a half full park and tell us its ALL GOOD TO GO.. We are DUMB.. but for the most part , us the consumers ARE NOT STUPID..

THEy are NOT taking away 40% of a park.

One attraction (backlot tour) closed in 2014. Two more attractions (Lights Motors Action and Honey I Shrunk the Kids) will close this April. An area with nothing else in it (Streets of America) is closing.
Every other attraction is open at DHS or has a replacement attraction.

Please explain how you got 40% when only two out of at least 18 (the guide map doesn't list all meet & greats) current attractions are closing.

bjlc57

keep drinking the kool aid.. Toy story is also going to close for the addition.. albeit for a short term.. none the less more closures are coming.. the park has never been finished and is no where near to a full day park.. ( and its my favorite park, ) .. but you just Keep the faith.. Disney is COUNTING ON YOUR DOLLARS..

mm121

this is only the beginning! not sure whats being built here and as far as staging goes seems like that could be done elsewhere and this little plot doesn't connect to where people think star wars land is going.

is streets of america going to be destroyed?
dhs.jpg

ItlngrlBella

this is only the beginning! not sure whats being built here and as far as staging goes seems like that could be done elsewhere and this little plot doesn't connect to where people think star wars land is going.

is streets of america going to be destroyed?
View attachment 127859

Yes SoA will be gone - it was just a bunch of facades. If it's being replaced by SW, then all the better. If people are missing SoA then you still have MainStreet USA and downtown Celebration (free)... And if you want to see downtown New York, well then you're outta luck. The real thing is more impressive and smells more authentic. :depressed:

mm121

Yes SoA will be gone - it was just a bunch of facades. If it's being replaced by SW, then all the better. If people are missing SoA then you still have MainStreet USA and downtown Celebration (free)... And if you want to see downtown New York, well then you're outta luck. The real thing is more impressive and smells more authentic. :depressed:

wasnt saying that as a positive or a negative

though thought the rumors suggested star wars land was more going in the echo lake area where indiana jones is located

soa would be more useful for a pixar land or muppets expansion or something, but dont think swl is going in soa as the concept art for swl matched more with echo

MrPromey

THEy are NOT taking away 40% of a park.

One attraction (backlot tour) closed in 2014. Two more attractions (Lights Motors Action and Honey I Shrunk the Kids) will close this April. An area with nothing else in it (Streets of America) is closing.
Every other attraction is open at DHS or has a replacement attraction.

Sorry but this is factually incorrect. Since it's been discussed before, I'll leave it to you to look through the forums, news on this site (not all of it that old) and old park maps to put the pieces together.

The stuff that's already gone that you can't think of may not matter to you. Most of it didn't matter to me but it mattered to someone. That should be important to anyone going because someone experiencing or standing in line for something like Sounds Dangerous or the Legend of Jack Sparrow for instance, would be a person not standing in line for something you or I care to do.

Hollywood Studios's decline has been a very slow one. It's one of the reasons people are starting to get kind of ed/antsy when it comes to timetables for improvement.

Marlins1

keep drinking the kool aid.. Toy story is also going to close for the addition.. albeit for a short term.. none the less more closures are coming.. the park has never been finished and is no where near to a full day park.. ( and its my favorite park, ) .. but you just Keep the faith.. Disney is COUNTING ON YOUR DOLLARS..
I don't think it is really about drinking the Kool Aid. I think the back half of this park has had very little appeal for years now especially for frequent visitors. No big loss to tear it down and try a new approach.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom