DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

SCOTLORR

Monsters Inc. Door Coaster still possible?
I really hope so. I've wanted this really badly since the movie came out in like 2002. the door scene in Monsters Inc. is a perfect setup for a theme park attraction and it could be the first hanging coaster in WDW. So much potential with the Monsters Inc. franchise.

gonzoWDW

I thought they were being built simultaneously? Why would Disneyland get it first?

Operating belief is that if SWL were completed at DHS in it's current state, the park would not have the attraction capacity to diffuse the huge crowds the land would draw. Better to build the park back up and prepare its infrastructure to handle SWL. Also, and this is more of my personal hope, opening in DL first will lessen the number of people coming to DHS for SWL, and make the smaller park somewhat more bearable.

gonzoWDW

Incredibles does has a sequel on the way though which could be a source for more material. That said, I tend to agree that Incredibles isn't as rich with stuff to use for a theme park land -- Monsters Inc would be my choice for something novel and immersive.

This may not end up mattering regardless (once the park's theme is reimagined), but the setting for Incredibles - 50s spy film noir flick - fits in better with the DHS theme.

Goofyque'

Or... Once SWL opens The Launch Bay will be moved there, receive some minor changes, renamed with much fanfare and billed as a "new and exciting" meet and greet attraction because it saves money.
I guess I always assumed that the Launch bay was a temporary location. Would make total sense to move it once the new SWL is complete. And there is always fanfare. ;)

ToTBellHop

hmm do you have info behind it or is it just something you're hoping for? Both would be really cool :)
When I last heard, there would have been only one IP used for Phase 3. Things could change but if you want a nicely themed area with a couple rides, dining, retail, entertainment, and transitions into surrounding lands, the whole Backlot would be necessary.

SCOTLORR

When I last heard, there would have been only one IP used for Phase 3. Things could change but if you want a nicely themed area with a couple rides, dining, retail, entertainment, and transitions into surrounding lands, the whole Backlot would be necessary.
Very true. Any clue on which IP that is? I understand if you can't say.

DisneyManOne

I'd like to see the Great Muppet Movie Ride come to DHS. After all, Disney confirmed Muppet*Vision is safe and there are rumors that the surrounding area will be turning into a Muppet area. I sort of hope that the Premiere Theatre area won't turn into something Star Wars-related, because I believe that a land mass stretching from the Premiere Theatre to the Phase 3 area would be a good footprint for a ride like that.

ToTBellHop

I'd like to see the Great Muppet Movie Ride come to DHS. After all, Disney confirmed Muppet*Vision is safe and there are rumors that the surrounding area will be turning into a Muppet area. I sort of hope that the Premiere Theatre area won't turn into something Star Wars-related, because I believe that a land mass stretching from the Premiere Theatre to the Phase 3 area would be a good footprint for a ride like that.
Maybe if the franchise were performing better. But it's not. So, miniland. Maybe a new Muppetvision 3D film though.

DisneyManOne

Maybe if the franchise were performing better. But it's not. So, miniland. Maybe a new Muppetvision 3D film though.

I blame the stupid decision the suits made to have Kermit and Piggy break up. They were meant to be, and we all know it! And I also blame the box-office failure of Muppets Most Wanted for that. Your movie was a modest success--so what, executives? So what?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom