Best Disney tip you ever got!

KikoKea

=If going for several days, take a day off in the middle of your visit. Go to DTD, check out the decor at other resorts, or just sit by the pool and relax! You'll feel better and have more energy to finish up the last days of your visit.
=Plan meals so you eat at off times. The QS places are not nearly as crowded and are much more relaxing.
=At Christmas, check out the other resorts' decorations- they are lovely!

dinkyandbaby

This is kind of funny, but they sell 5'' umbrellas on amazon that you can get, store in a pack, and not have to buy an umbrella at the shop that just breaks and is HUGE.

MaxxStephen

Someone told me, wherever you are during Main Street Electrical parade, wait there through the end of the parade and keep your same spot for the fireworks. I know it's kind of "obvious" but we walked around the parade several times, and the crowds for the fireworks were wicked madness. I found it extremely helpful.

tbone8706

On my trip before last, was to try the Rose and Crown. One of the best advices given for that trip!

Although I had already planned on doing so, was recommended to go see the Christmas displays at the resorts (went the last time during Christmas season). That alone is worth a day or two to go check out! Amazing how each resort adds their own theme for Christmas.

Ali Mouse

Don't try and pet the bunnies at Epcot!
My son learned this the hard way when one bit onto his finger and he then flinged him 10 feet into the air! Wish we had it on video ... But it will always be etched into my brain!

ItlngrlBella

Scheduling dinner at the earliest seatings - less crowded and then when you're done most of the crowds are at dinner so a little* less crowded.

graphite1326

LOL That's a good one! I didn't think about taking ponchos with us in case it rains... Much better than lugging around an umbrella!
Yeah I took mine with me and a female in our group didn't have one. So being a gentleman I gave my $1 poncho up, It was warm so I didn't buy one thinking it would stop raining soon. It didn't, soaked , ended up with a cold.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yeah I took mine with me and a female in our group didn't have one. So being a gentleman I gave my $1 poncho up, It was warm so I didn't buy one thinking it would stop raining soon. It didn't, soaked , ended up with a cold.
You do not get a cold from being wet

NonnaT

Pretty much
Sorry to disagree, DOCTOR! But you actually can develop a cold from getting wet and thoroughly chilled.
Because getting wet and chilled requires your body's immune system to fight off chills, any resident viruses, shared viruses, infections, cooties, germs, whatever you wish to call them, now have a gateway into your body. Add into that stress from a vacation, first or second hand smoke, shared space, dirty telephones, etc, etc and you've just written a prescription for a cold, flu, or infection.
This very same individual would normally be able to easily fight off bugs coming his way, but because of lowered immunity is no longer able to...
So please, keep your medical opinions off the forums, unless specifically requested to weigh in!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Sorry to disagree, DOCTOR! But you actually can develop a cold from getting wet and thoroughly chilled.
Because getting wet and chilled requires your body's immune system to fight off chills, any resident viruses, shared viruses, infections, cooties, germs, whatever you wish to call them, now have a gateway into your body. Add into that stress from a vacation, first or second hand smoke, shared space, dirty telephones, etc, etc and you've just written a prescription for a cold, flu, or infection.
This very same individual would normally be able to easily fight off bugs coming his way, but because of lowered immunity is no longer able to...
So please, keep your medical opinions off the forums, unless specifically requested to weigh in!
Yes Ma'am little miss moderator.

graphite1326

My pleasure...
Don't you just hate it when you make a flippant remark and there is always someone to correct you. Most people just roll their eyes and ignore. You hit the nail on the head though. I have RA and take medicine that reduces my immune system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom