Fantasyland Rumor Gaining Steam

mickEblu

Original Poster
So it looks like Toontown is still on the chopping block. The Fantasyland expansion rumor is gaining some steam as Spirit, recently posted that Toontown is still very much on its way out, not for Star Wars Land but instead for something which fits the surrounding area... AKA Fantasyland. MiceAge also mentioned this rumor a few months back and it sounds like the expansion would take over a portion of the FL theatre in addition to Toontown. Personally I would be thrilled if this were to come to fruition. I would lament the loss of Roger Rabbit but another E and maybe D ticket plus a nice themed restaurant would help soften the blow. Besides, I'm a big fan of RRCTS moving to Hollywoodland (although I doubt it would happen). I'd imagine that a Fantasyland expansion would mean a lot more trees and some more charming European village aesthetics. I'm sure this would be almost universally preferred to the lack of shade and faded / chipped paint that exists in Toontown now. A part of me wonders if Disney hasnt renovated the land because they ve known it was on its way out, weather for SWL or a FL expansion.

With all this said, I do not want a clone of the WDW FL expansion. TLM exists at DCA. I would not want Dumbo moved Nor do I want a storybook circus. The seven dwarfs mine train would be fun but it would take up way too much of the available real estate and would make Snow whites scary adventures expendable. So no to that. That leaves Be Our Guest restaurant which I predict is on the way if this rumor is green lit. This would be cool but if it's between BOG and a a Beauty and the Beast dark ride my vote would be for the ride.

I'm curious to hear some other opinions on this rumored expansion and what you think would be a part of it. Is it possible this opens at the same time as SWL to help crowd flow and capacity issues?

Going through the IPs in my head I came up with 7 that would work in the expansion but only 3 that are realistic IMO...

CINDERELLA- It would be great for this wonderful classic ( might be my favorite of them all) to get some representation at DL. A Cinderellas carriage dark ride sounds pretty cool on the surface but I remember Tony Baxter saying the reason we probably don't have a ride in the first place is because the majority of the movie takes place at the manor/ barn. Which I guess isn't very exciting. But an attraction that takes us to the size of Jaq n Gus escaping Lucifer etc... could probably remedy that.

SLEEPING BEAUTY- a dark ride could be awesome and I would love to see a Maleficient AA on Ursulas scale in TLM ride but I'm not thinking this is realistic as we do have the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk Thru.

MARY POPPINS- a dark ride where you go inside and out of the show building like AIW would be awesome while riding floating Merry Go around horses thru the city and into the cartoon world would be great but we just know this isn't happening right ? And it's too bad.

PRINCESS AND THE FROG- sure this would work better in NOS and had nothing to with European fairy tales but a boat ride thru the swamps could make a great dark ride. Besides if Dumbo and Casey Jr. get as pass then why not this IP? But this isn't realistic when you consider the limited space for expansion with the bigger money making IPs available like ....

FROZEN, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and TANGLED.

I think whatever is included in the expansion will be a combination of these 3 IPs. So with my "realistic cap" on I would like to see a frozen sled trackless vehicle, a BATB dark ride and Be Our Guest Restaurant. Anything in addition to any of this I would view as a bonus. A Tangled Boat ride could make a pretty cool little ride too.

What do you guys want to see in a FL expansion and/ or what do you want to see? Try to be...kind of.. realistic.

The only thing I know I don't want to see is Arendelle. A frozen ride is one thing but not a whole subland.

D

Deleted member 107043

I'd be ok with them lifting elements or "cloning" parts of WDW's FLE at DL. FL is the area I spend the least amount of time in when I'm at the park, so unless they add something amazing that appeals to me I'm probably going to be fine with whatever renovations/changes they end up making.

Phroobar

I would love to see them dust off the plans for Snow Queen boat ride that was planned to replace the Fantasyland theater. They could update it for Frozen. Under the bridge would be the entrance to the haunted forest and the Villains dark ride & restaurant. This is where Disney's villains live when not causing problems for the heroes. The ride would be trackless trip through Maleficent's castle using the tech from Mystic Manor.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I would love to see them dust off the plans for Snow Queen boat ride that was planned to replace the Fantasyland theater. They could update it for Frozen. Under the bridge would be the entrance to the haunted forest and the Villains dark ride & restaurant. This is where Disney's villains live when not causing problems for the heroes. The ride would be trackless trip through Maleficent's castle using the tech from Mystic Manor.

I would personally love a trackless trip thru Maleficients castle! Unfortunately with Toontown going down I'm guessing they will need to build something more child friendly. A throw back to Marc Davis' snow queen boat ride would be really cool too!

Imagine a 3rd gate with Star Wars, Marvel, the Haunted Forrest you mention with all the Disney Villains and a new take on Adventureland which can include a lion King ride and an Aladdin E ticket. Something like the Shanghai version of Peter Pan but with coaster capabilities for thrill portions like the escape from the cave of wonders.

JediMasterMatt

Expect more indoor attractions for whatever is destined for the Toontoon space. The mandate for SWL when it was destined to go here was the same. The replacement will need to stay open in the evenings with no concerns for fall out.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I am fine with that if it looks like the DisneySea Frozen area.
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Image_TDR_Scandinavia-Port-Birdseye_2015_04_28_UPDATED-550x294.jpg

This looks fantastic. The reason I wouldn't want a Frozen subland is because it would most likely mean that would be the only IP we get with an FL expansion. Especially if it is anywhere near the size and scope of the concept art above

Mouse Trap

Is it really feasible to believe a Fantasyland expansion and 14-acre Star Wars Land will be constructed at/around the same time? I think if this is something that really may come to pass it wouldn't begin until the later stages of SWL construction or even completion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom