News New security measures

Florida_is_hot

Anybody that feels safe .... going through security checks, should stay home lock the door and go nowhere.
I am sick of comprising my freedom because of a few paranoid people.

Attacks happen everywhere and when they make me feel like a criminal before I enter some place it does not make me feel safer, I wonder if they do not trust me why should I even bother with them. You should look at it like this they are not making you safe they do not trust you.

What do they say one guy tried to light his shoes on fire, now years later everybody takes shoes off before flying a plane, yet you can buy guns almost everywhere in the USA.

I do not know and likely do not want to know (like to think of Disney World the friendliest place on Earth)
but I am sure they have cameras that would put Vegas to shame and have real and under cover security everywhere....... That is enough for me.

PhotoDave219

I think I will restructure my home security using the movie Home Alone as a guideline. Now, youll have to excuse me as I go hang paint cans from string and a heating iron on my doorknob. Does anybody have a life size Micheal Jordan cut out I can borrow?

Paint Can ex Machina.

Edit:

Seriously tho, for too long in this country have they held up works of fiction such as 24 for justifications of security measures.

These people are not grounded in reality, instead it's some sort of perverse techno-thriller ography that even Tom Clancy would be disgusted at these days. These are works of fiction and fantasy, solely in the imagination of the paranoid and the deranged.

Your odds of getting hit by lightning or hitting te powerball are far greater than being caught in a terrorist Attack. The odds of dying in a car crash on your way to the mouse are infinitely higher.

Last edited:

Ransom

I empathize, Florida_is_hot, but Disney has to not just be a safe place...it needs to be perceived as safe by the masses. Their competitors are doing something that makes people feel safe, so they have to do so as well (especially in light of the recent gun incident which, although resolved without issue, serves as a reminder to the masses that Disney doesn't have metal detectors at park entrances, unlike Universal, Six Flags, football stadiums, etc.).

s8film40

I empathize, Florida_is_hot, but Disney has to not just be a safe place...it needs to be perceived as safe by the masses. Their competitors are doing something that makes people feel safe, so they have to do so as well (especially in light of the recent gun incident which, although resolved without issue, serves as a reminder to the masses that Disney doesn't have metal detectors at park entrances, unlike Universal, Six Flags, football stadiums, etc.).
Universal doesn't have metal detectors. Neither do SeaWorld or any of the other local Central Fl parks.

s8film40

If Disney dropped the charade I'd wager that the other parks would follow.
I think the problem is it's very hard to backtrack. When they started doing bag checks many thought it would be only temporary. I think it's hard to overcome the idea that if they stopped and then something happened it would be blamed on the fact that they stopped. I would assume for that reason if they are contemplating adding metal detectors they may be very cautious about making a final decision as they really can't just stop once they start.

Ransom

Universal doesn't have metal detectors. Neither do SeaWorld or any of the other local Central Fl parks.

Oh! I read that Universal had implemented them. Interesting.

Still, it's becoming expected that big venues will have such measures in place.

s8film40

Oh! I read that Universal had implemented them. Interesting.

Still, it's becoming expected that big venues will have such measures in place.
Yeah I think Universal and Disney just have some practicality issues due to the larger scale and number of people. Sporting venues don't really have to worry about losing business as much as the big parks, people will put up for it more willingly for a game, but the prospect of taking a vacation and waiting in a half hour to hour long security line every day maybe twice a day of the trip is likely enough to make someone reconsider their plans.

Florida_is_hot

Football games they sell booze people get drunk and fight. I have no problem WDW going alcohol free, I want to drink I can go to a bar.
Six Flags ..... no thanks you want me to go through security I can go else where.

Last I went to Universal Studios they did not make me people like a crook, that was six months ago maybe they do airport metal detectors now..? They had a casual bag check.

Make the masses feel safe ???
Stop selling guns.....

JoeCamel

Universal put metal detectors in front of their big coasters to enforce the No Loose Articles policy.

That AND they install free lockers for you to put your stuff in. I like them so I don't lose my stuff on the ride, the wanding is just an added feature I can enjoy.

note2001

I'd say a loaded gun falling out on Dinosaur qualifies as a problem.
I think you're onto something here.... Relocate Dinosaur to the gates of each park, everyone physically capable will have to ride it to gain entry to the park. Let the ride shake out all the problems. :)

wdwgreek

Can you imagine the lines get in? Hours of peoples time will be wasted standing through detectors, if people complain now about a half hour wait for mansion imagine the blowback for an hour wait to get into the park. This is not viable, its like putting metal doctors at train terminals or subways stops in NYCnot practical.

Ransom

Yeah I think Universal and Disney just have some practicality issues due to the larger scale and number of people.

I hear what you're saying, but it won't bother me much. I'm an early riser, and this will just mean I get more benefit than ever from being early to the park. While the rest of the suckers are waiting in a huge security line, I'll be already inside, pointing at them and laughing while I snarf down a turkey leg dipped in Starbucks coffee.

Travel Junkie

Can you imagine the lines get in? Hours of peoples time will be wasted standing through detectors, if people complain now about a half hour wait for mansion imagine the blowback for an hour wait to get into the park. This is not viable, its like putting metal doctors at train terminals or subways stops in NYCnot practical.

Sporting events have been doing this for a while. At a soccer game that had 90K in attendance I went to recently, every single person was patted down and had their bags checked very carefully. It took 30 seconds per person. Other venues have worked out the kinks. Theme parks can too if they want.

This isn't a big deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom