EEA reaching the point of complete disrepair?

Cmdr_Crimson

Better idea: Neil DeGrasse Tyson teaming up with Will Ferrell.

At Least WIll Ferrell has worked with Dino's...

Serpentine! Serpentine Pattern!!
y8RVmO.gif

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I went on it a few weeks ago and thought the new scene in place of Ellen and the snake was fine. It had pterodactyls in its place and Ellen's voice calling for Bill could be heard in the background. The Ellen AA was a bad imitation of her anyways. The only thing was her referencing being attacked by a snake like creature afterward. All of the screens worked in the pre show too. The worst thing I noticed was the video at the end had a lot of spots on it.

Did the door between the first theatre and dinos work? Last time, I was in the very back row, the doors didn't shut, and the theatre lights turned on behind me. It was very distracting.

Retroman40

It saddens me greatly that this once great attraction has reached the point where there are basically three groups of people who experience it: People looking to get out of the mid day heat; people who want to take a nap and first time visitors who don't know any better. The thing is that Bill Nye is essentially right when he say energy is the most important thing in the universe. I know we all have out own ideas for an update (that's another topic) and the only thing they all share is that it needs to be done. This attraction used to be a great "people sponge" and could be again with a decent update.

Bairstow

Also...it's not a "snake-like creature". It's an Elasmosaurus.
elasmosaurus_01_by_joannastar_stock.png

Calling it a "snake-like creature" is like calling an elephant a "snake-like creature" because of its trunk.

8b66e3cbe12b691081f126e2dcb5fffd.jpg

OH MY GOD ITS A COBRA! RUN!

"Snake-like creature" is what it's referred to in the attraction.

Maybe they could rip all the dinosaurs out and move them to the Magic Kingdom railroad near Tomorrowland.

pmaljr

Here's an idea: stop with the celebrity spokespersons/models all together. It doesn't need that to be a great ride and it will last longer if I don't have to look at Will Ferell's 2015 version of Dan Marino's haircut in 2022 (for example). Please, stop the madness and return to the formula that worked for the original ride, where the attraction is the main draw and not a celebrity.

Brad Bishop

It saddens me greatly that this once great attraction has reached the point where there are basically three groups of people who experience it: People looking to get out of the mid day heat; people who want to take a nap and first time visitors who don't know any better.

That's something I pointed out a year or so back:

What other attraction exists where people are using it to take a nap? That's a serious deficiency in an attraction. It doesn't have to be a thrill ride but, at the same time, it shouldn't be a snooze ride.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That's something I pointed out a year or so back:

What other attraction exists where people are using it to take a nap? That's a serious deficiency in an attraction. It doesn't have to be a thrill ride but, at the same time, it shouldn't be a snooze ride.
I don't take naps there.

Rather, I sneak in burgers and fries from Electric Umbrella and pretend like I'm eating at T-Rex.

Jeff456

It saddens me greatly that this once great attraction has reached the point where there are basically three groups of people who experience it: People looking to get out of the mid day heat; people who want to take a nap and first time visitors who don't know any better. The thing is that Bill Nye is essentially right when he say energy is the most important thing in the universe. I know we all have out own ideas for an update (that's another topic) and the only thing they all share is that it needs to be done. This attraction used to be a great "people sponge" and could be again with a decent update.

I fit into none of those groups, I still visit the attraction because I enjoy it, I tend to do it 2-3 times per trip partly because I always think it will be closed next time!

The90skid

I fit into none of those groups, I still visit the attraction because I enjoy it, I tend to do it 2-3 times per trip partly because I always think it will be closed next time!
I also still enjoy it, I just think it could be improved. I would also be bummed if it totally closes!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I have the solution! Martin Short narrates the new and improved "Universe of Energy, eh?" And Ellen can make a new movie for the Canada pavillion. Fixes everything; problem solved.

Well we don't NEEEED Ellen! I love Ellen, but technically she's already in EPCOT as Doey in The Seas pavilion..

Martin Short and Bill Nye belong in EPCOT, in my opinion. I first saw Martin Short in The Making of Me in the Wonders of Life pavilion, then he moved to O' Canada. And I was first introduced to Bill Nye in Energy. I'm just used to them being present in the park. It's weird xD

WhatJaneSays

I feel like EEA is not going to go down for a refurb ever again. The next time it goes “down” will likely be when it’s replaced or shuttered. Unless of course there is some kind of critical failure, an electrical hazard, or mechanical issue that cripples the vehicles that’s an easy enough fix with an unplanned “refurb” time.

Sonconato

I'm not so sure about that. Think about it, how many kids these days would know who he is? Ellen is still relevant, so maybe they could revamp the movie segments with her, but Bill Nye? I don't think he is very timeless.
Is that because kids these days are NOT into Science anymore and if they are, who is Bill Nye's replacement to bring kids interest to Science? He's relevant in the Science World until someone else comes along. Maybe there is one, I just don't know who that would be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom