De-frizzing in humidity

Lott2912

Original Poster
I am hoping someone may be able to help me with this. We are flying over to Disney in 2 weeks and I am starting to worry about the humidity and my hair. I have naturally fairly straight hair but it is fairly frizzy. Anybody have any product tips to help keep the frizz at bay in the Florida weather?

Many thanks

DisneyPrincess5

This is a more dedicated approach but about a year ago I began using Moroccanoil shampoo, conditioner, and treatment oil (original brand, no knockoffs) and it has made a significant difference in the overall quality and condition of my hair including helping to prevent and tame frizz. Check out their products-the cost is worth it. And good luck!

Last edited:

SparklinDiamond

This is going to sound strange but trust me it works. Buy some dryer sheets that are made to keep your laundry static free, they work on your hair too. They are really cheap to buy and you can carry them round in your bag. Nip to the loos in the parks if your hair is going wild and just rub it straight down your hair. Takes out all of the frizz and they smell lovely.

Minnie1986

I second the John Frieda suggestion. I have naturally wavy hair, but without product, it will frizz like crazy. What I do while in Disney is either wash/dampen it in the shower. Once I get out, I'll use leave in conditioner and the John Frieda frizz ease serum(not too much) and let it air dry. By the time I'm in the park, I'm good to go. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

ScarletBegonias

I am buying this stuff for our trip! I hate wearing my hair up because I hate how it looks in pictures. From what I remember a LITTLE bit of serum goes a LONG way~!

Minnie1986

I am buying this stuff for our trip! I hate wearing my hair up because I hate how it looks in pictures. From what I remember a LITTLE bit of serum goes a LONG way~!
Definitely does. Depending on the weather, I use anywhere from the size of a nickel to the size of a dollar coin,and my hair stops almost half way down my back.

Last edited:

BiffyClyro

I have mixed race/ afro caribbean hair so feel your pain. It's not afro, but really curly. My advise is wear it in a up in a top knot, side braid or put conditioner in your hair dry. Also, when I straighten it over there, it kinks slightly but still looks socially acceptable and lasts two days. So maybe that? Know straightening isn;t everyones thing.

Weather_Lady

Biosilk (or similar) smoothing hair serums help me keep the frizzies under control, although my frizz issues (my "frizzues") are fairly minor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom