Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

orlando678-

I guess people were right about 2021. If people dont know what I mean, last year people were convinced that 2021 would be the best year to visit Walt Disney World Resort and now that I' ve seen that we are getting Star Wars, Toy Story, Frozen, Soarin over the world, Disney Springs, Pandora, Rivers of Light and probably so much more, I finally believe these expectations of 2021

If you look at the ride vehicles there are the metal things going across the top of the ride vehicle. I feel those would be pretty annoying cause then you can't see outside the cart. But also at the same time it makes sense because that is what a slinky looks like

SpaceMountain77

. A big scale upgrade for Epcot would be the entire Future World, or something large enough to replace Energy and Wonders of Life.

Dear WondersOfLife,

Thank you for your post. As the self-appointed president of the Universe of Energy Society, we are currently advocating for a reimagined Energy Pavilion, inspired by present-day ideas and issues. We welcome your support and would appreciate an end to the discussion of its razing.

Best regards,
SpaceMountain77
President
Universe of Energy Society

Cosmic Commando

Looks like the spinner is going to be very mad tea party like, but they said the robotic arm, audio etc. will create an extremely new experience for the guests.
It's definitely Mater's. The aliens in the purple things are the tractor; the green thing where the guests sit is the "trailer".

Maters-Junkyard-Jamboree-012.jpg

Cosmic Commando

Disney has said it will be 11 acres.
Yipe. I hope that includes TSMM.

Or a Buzz meet and greet? There's clearly a big showbuilding behind it. I dont think that's the alien ride entrance but I guess it could be. Why the big showbuilding for a queue?
It's hot in Florida. :p It's not all that much bigger than the queue in DCA, and there's hardly any queue space for the ride if we call that building a MnG or something else. I could be wrong, though.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Travesty? Not really. Simply your opinion. I know Toy Story doesn't thrill many and I'd much prefer a Pixar Land instead of this but it kind of is what it is and it looks like they've done a good job with it.
If you're happy for 5 minutes of ride time for 11 acres then management will be laughing.

Have standards and expectations really fallen so far?

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I am surprised that folks are surprised this is a Toy Story Land. A--it makes sense because of location relative to Midway Mania. B--Toy Story started Pixar, is their most profitable franchise, largest franchise, and still expanding. It certainly has wider aclaim than Cars, which has had one strong entry followed by a crappy sequel and passable Dane Cook spin-offs. Do you think a story about toys will ever actually grow old for people? I personally love the Midway Mania queue as I think it's incredibly fun and nostalgic; I'm excited to see a whole land like this, but with no further use of screens (my main issue with Midway Mania is the actual ride gives me a headache).

If you don't like Toy Story (seriously?) enjoy finally getting an in-park view of Earffel Tower.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Or a Buzz meet and greet? There's clearly a big showbuilding behind it. I dont think that's the alien ride entrance but I guess it could be. Why the big showbuilding for a queue?

It has a connecting strucutre to the ride so I think it's the entrance and I don't see any other place the entrance could be. The building could be a large queue, or a waiting area like they did with Dumbo, or as you say there could be an M&G in there.

roveness

Cars Land is just begging for that spot. I can see if we are getting it why they'd hold off annoucning it. Odds are it will be Cars Land-lite and to be fair we already have one in a domestic park. Toy Story Land and Star Wars gives us things we haven't really heard about already. Cars LAnd would have underwhelmed everyone if it was announced. I can see them keeping that for whatever 'new park name/plan' they announce (in 2017 at the next D23?)
The rumored name change for studios wasn't mentioned, nor the replacement for Streets of America and LMA. I think this will be announced next year. Disney shut down backlot too quickly. Fingers still crossed for radiator springs or a monster Inc ride

UpAllNight

Really this should be up and running by early 2017...whether it will be is an entirely different matter.

It looks like a nice area with 2 rides that look better than anything in any of the other 2 playlands. The slinky coaster alone is a massive upgrade to what anyone was expecting from this area so no complaints from me.

The park obviously needs so much more; maybe D23 in Tokyo November will provide more positive news.

Just get this built quick Disney please, the park needs help now.

ToTBellHop

Really this should be up and running by early 2017...whether it will be is an entirely different matter.

It looks like a nice area with 2 rides that look better than anything in any of the other 2 playlands. The slinky coaster alone is a massive upgrade to what anyone was expecting from this area so no complaints from me.

The park obviously needs so much more; maybe D23 in Tokyo November will provide more positive news.

Just get this built quick Disney please, the park needs help now.
The Slinky upgrade was necessary. RC Racer has an abysmal capacity while this coaster seems to have 3 trains with 20 seats each. It could easily have a higher capacity than Midway Mania.

DisneyJunkie

Definitely underwhelming plans in store for DHS. Two "meh"-sounding attractions for each new land.......not much to be encouraged or excited over. If the rumored Monster Inc coaster had been included, that would have been something.

Kman101

To be fair we don't have exact details for SW Land attractions so how can you say they're "meh"? You've gone on them already? And I take it you have already ridden the Slinky coaster and the Luigi [edit: Mater's apparently] clone? Last I checked the Maters/Luigi rides were actually pretty fun.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom