Underrated/Overrated Sit Downs

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Was considering going to Prime Time, but I went many years ago...it gad been hyped up on the forums ....but I thought eh? Not so great. As for ones hyped that exceeded expectations I gotta say Jiko was amazing as well as the Hoop De Do Revue.
Any others?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Was considering going to Prime Time, but I went many years ago...it gad been hyped up on the forums ....but I thought eh? Not so great. As for ones hyped that exceeded expectations I gotta say Jiko was amazing as well as the Hoop De Do Revue.
Any others?
So are you asking us to guess which restaurants you thought were better than what was hyped?

zurgandfriend

I have had great meals at some restaurants one trip and meh another time, e.g. Chefs de Paris, Le Cellier and Brown Derby. I have been surprised by some such as Restaurant Marrakesh and Grand Floridian Cafe. I have been disappointed by some such as Artist Point only to give it another try and be disappointed a seond, and final time. I have however always enjoyed Yachtsman, California Grill and Shula's. Any restaurant can be hit or miss.

Bparso87

I have had great meals at some restaurants one trip and meh another time, e.g. Chefs de Paris, Le Cellier and Brown Derby. I have been surprised by some such as Restaurant Marrakesh and Grand Floridian Cafe. I have been disappointed by some such as Artist Point only to give it another try and be disappointed a seond, and final time. I have however always enjoyed Yachtsman, California Grill and Shula's. Any restaurant can be hit or miss.
Chefs was really overrated to me to. French onion soup was good but that is about is

MrDee

There hasn't been any restaurant I've hated, or even a meal that was ever bad, and I've had many, but as far as I'm concerned The Wave at the Contemporary is a "one and done." Won't be headed back there anytime soon.

As for restaurants that have exceeded my expectations, Narcoosee's was a pleasant surprise, and has prompted a few (also pleasant) returns.

Edit: Oh yeah, California Grill was wonderful. I was worried it would be a little too stuffy and high class for me, but everything about the place was sublime. Perfect night, perfect food, perfect wife.

Mickey5150

I don't know that I agree, but only because I only ever hear ardent praise for Raglan Road.
Maybe underrated isn't exactly true but I don't hear people talking about it as much in regards to must eats and i believe if you have never been there you must go. If you go for dinner, don't worry about adr just get in the line to eat outside. They have live music and well it's Florida, the weather is nice.

ShareBDwithMickey

Over rated Califonia Grill, our server literally had me in tears. We dressed for the occassion, acted appropriately & frankly he treated us like dirt I won't be back, everyone else did a very good job of "avoiding" seeing what was going on!.

Under rated Boma, the complete opposite, fabulous server & amazing experience, we were also treated wonderfully at Artist Point & the Brown Derby.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom