Osborne Lights Officially Returning for 2015 for 20th and Final Season

cosmicray

Honestly, I've never seen them, as everyone in my party always wants to leave DHS early in the day, even when we go there during the Christmas season. Hopefully I'll be able to make a trip this year and see them, before they possibly disappear forever.

Next Big Thing

@danlb_2000 posted the NoC for installation. The rumor was that the contract expires after this year so we'll see.
What contract? To call it the Osborne Lights or with Sylvannia? Because if it's anything to do with Osborne family, so what? They're CHRISTMAS LIGHTS. People do this all over the country at their homes. Nobody is stopping them from putting up a bunch of X-Mas Lights.

RSoxNo1

What contract? To call it the Osborne Lights or with Sylvannia? Because if it's anything to do with Osborne family, so what? They're CHRISTMAS LIGHTS. People do this all over the country at their homes. Nobody is stopping them from putting up a bunch of X-Mas Lights.
It was a contract with the Osborne family but Jennings Osborne has since passed away. The rumor that Jim Hill had thrown out there is that they bring in contestants from the Great Christmas Light fight and have them decorate an area of the park.

R W B

Great to hear it's official this year! I was unable to go last year and thought that was it. Hopefully my job will allow me to take a week and head down to WDW this holiday season, these lights are a must see!

Mammymouse

Osborne Dancing Lights are my favorite Christmas display of all. All that early speculation last year of not having them really upset me a lot, so to have them definitely on the schedule puts my happiness level up where it should be!!!! Do they need a specific electrical type permit each year to install them so we get these hints/rumors about them maybe not returning?

mikeyd229

I really enjoyed this last year and was worried when I heard they might not be back this year. Watching them with my wife and kids while sharing Mickey-Donald pretzels is one of my best memories of our trip, and one of the reasons we chose to go during the Christmas season again.

I had read something about them relocating to Disney Springs next year, but I think that's all conjecture right now.

Fox&Hound

Excited they will be back this winter!!!

I could really see them at Disney Springs. Make it a hard ticket event. Restaurants could have package deals for food and tickets or prime viewing. If they built/designed Disney Springs knowing that this was coming, they could build a main thoroughfare with multie entrances and exits, tall buildings to keep the viewing "contained". It would be a boost in sales since it was free before, a boost in restaurants and shopping, provide a reason to get people out of the parks and to go to downtown, and creates a fantastic cohesive theme between the parks and Disney Springs. If organized properly and managed well, this could be a real exciting change while allowing DHS room to expand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom