A Spirited Perfect Ten

ThemeParkJunkee

I appreciate the clarification of the "deluge" in SoCal. Media made it look like half the state was underwater. Being up here in the Midwest (where actual houses were heading downriver and people were swimming in the HS soccer feild, when they said it was less than and inch, I was stunned. I wondered what effect the rain had on DL. So ponchos...wow.

EPCOTCenterLover

As a socal local for many years, I can tell you, even 1 inch of water can cause big problems because the land is so parched for so long. It just doesn't soak in as it should.

Stevek

I appreciate the clarification of the "deluge" in SoCal. Media made it look like half the state was underwater. Being up here in the Midwest (where actual houses were heading downriver and people were swimming in the HS soccer feild, when they said it was less than and inch, I was stunned. I wondered what effect the rain had on DL. So ponchos...wow.
It's just not what we are used to seeing. We were in San Diego for a soccer tournament and it rained very heavy from around 10:30 until 3 or 4pm and then again on our drive back home north of San Diego. Thunder, Lightning...things we don't get frequently here in So Cal. Sucks that the kids have to play games in the rain (most were cancelled due to lightning), but we definitely need as much as possible.

FigmentJedi

Lots of feelz in that movie. I have to say, it's getting mentally fatiguing that Pixar seems incapable of releasing a film designed to make you cry.
Pixar's a lot like God. They feed off the sweet milk of our tears. You see it's our tears that they use as coolant for the air system that keeps the render farms from overheating.

Mike S

Have a YouTube embed.

Looks cute and again, would be great if something based around this could displace the Nemo musical at Animal Kingdom, ideally along the lines of the Walking with Dinosaurs arena show.

Looks good. On DinoLand I say replace DinoRama with Good Dinosaur AND put in a Walking with Dinosaurs show (Nemo moved to Studios because I like it). Win-win :)

Katie G

So here's what doesnt make any sense to me. If the resort is pulling 25% Peak days on the Yeah, MK is pulling 33% peak crowd.... If the crowds are so batcrazy, WHY are they offering discounts?

I can't reconcile this as its been insane since Memorial Day weekend. Statistically abnormally busy up and over beyond Summer 2013 & 14.

Driving me nuts trying to make any sense of this.... and then the mouse offers those discounts. Ugh.

I don't think the discount % has changed. Spirit said it was a "late summer" offer, which means its likely a time period that offers lower base rates than peak summer.

ThemeParkJunkee

As a socal local for many years, I can tell you, even 1 inch of water can cause big problems because the land is so parched for so long. It just doesn't soak in as it should.

That is true. We have had drought conditions here for extended years and one torrential storm does little. We got out of our draught from winter snowfall that melted into the ground over time.

Katie G

Well if he's talking After August 20th, it would make sense.

Otherwise, I feel for the Cast. A holiday crowd came at Memorial day and hasnt left.

Is the crowd information you have a relative ranking or something that can be compared across years? As all the parks get busier, is the expectation of normal crowd changing?

I was at MK last night and it really wasn't too crowded. They lifted cast blockout, I booked FP at 3pm for ride times after dinner for BTMRR, HM, SM and a bunch of rides were 10 minute waits. There were a few outliers like PP at 105 and SDMT at 100. I didn't have much trouble getting through the walkways and a lot of areas felt pretty empty. What did the crowd calendar say that day was ranked?

ABQ

Well if he's talking After August 20th, it would make sense.

Otherwise, I feel for the Cast. A holiday crowd came at Memorial day and hasnt left.

Is the crowd information you have a relative ranking or something that can be compared across years? As all the parks get busier, is the expectation of normal crowd changing?

I was at MK last night and it really wasn't too crowded. They lifted cast blockout, I booked FP at 3pm for ride times after dinner for BTMRR, HM, SM and a bunch of rides were 10 minute waits. There were a few outliers like PP at 105 and SDMT at 100. I didn't have much trouble getting through the walkways and a lot of areas felt pretty empty. What did the crowd calendar say that day was ranked?
In other words, @PhotoDave219 , get with the chart and graph production. I think a 3D bar chart would work well.

PhotoDave219

OK couple things here… First I'm using only The historical, observed data from touring plans and the data using their current methodology only goes back to October 2012. So essentially I have two years of data that shows how things of changed. It really doesn't show growth… But it's the only day that said I've got to work with and observe from.

Yesterday ranked a 10 according to what they observed.

SYRIK2000

The ratings from Touring Plans are based on wait times not on attendance. So that may be why it seems that way.

Katie G

OK couple things here… First I'm using only The historical, observed data from touring plans and the data using their current methodology only goes back to October 2012. So essentially I have two years of data that shows how things of changed. It really doesn't show growth… But it's the only day that said I've got to work with and observe from.

Yesterday ranked a 10 according to what they observed.

It may have been a 10 in the middle of the day. I was there after dinner for 3 hours and rode my 3 FP and 3 other rides: Pooh, Small World and Mermaid. I just wanted to understand any potential flaws in the comparison of a crowd ranking and cast blockouts. Especially if its ranked the highest crowd but E ticket rides still had FP available at 3pm.

Magenta Panther

Have a YouTube embed.

Looks cute and again, would be great if something based around this could displace the Nemo musical at Animal Kingdom, ideally along the lines of the Walking with Dinosaurs arena show.

Well, that certainly looks interesting. The dinosaur designs reminds me a little of this:
serveimage

Pretty unconventional-looking dinosaur, but very appealing. Can't wait to see this.

But if it's a hit, will TDO keep Echo Lake and re-skin Gertie?

serveimage

And maybe re-theme Chester and Hester to The Good Dinosaur?

Anyway, it'll be nice to watch a dino pic where the stars AREN'T running around eating people (no, did not like Jurassic World. The CGI dinos have lost their visual impact and I didn't believe in them for a minute. No offense to those here who enjoyed the movie).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom