The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 3 - The Board Room

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
The Board Room
This is the thread for Season 3 of The Sorcerer's Apprentice where each contestant will plead their case of why they should stay, and I will discuss it with them. After deliberation, @Vipraa, @TheOriginalTiki, and I will decide who is "fired". That is the only discussion that should take place here, so please refrain from chiming in between challenges. Thank you and good luck!

Pre-Season Memory Wall:
sas3memorywallprech1.jpg

Last edited:

Sam Magic

Over the past few days I have received the opportunity to work with some great members here and help them create an attraction the I, and my teammates are proud of. This challenge I was able to work with those members on what is probably my favorite team project I've ever been a part of. It was simply fun to brainstorm with everyone and work with everyone to put those ideas into a working proposal. This challenge, and the challenges in the future I have brought to my team a positive and energetic attitude, dedication to my team, a willingness to do anything I can to help my team. The first half of this week I was in Europe, but despite the time difference and sometimes slow wifi I stayed up till four or five in the morning just to be able to read everyone's ideas and help with anything my team wanted me to do like writing many scenes and creating our team logo. When I got back home this habit continued because I wanted to help my team win.

Having played this game more than once the one thing I have learned is that team work matters and I think I implemented these lessons in how I interacted with my teammates this week and I hope to continue working with them. It hurts to know something that my team worked so hard on and something that I worked passionately on too was not enough to win, but it motivates me to try better next time, work harder, and help my team more.

I want to thank my team for being understanding and helpful and for truly being a great team. I couldn't have asked to work with a better group of people. Thank you Jdm for putting me in this team.

Last edited:

tcool

Can I start off by saying that picking who to bring along was tough. I couldn't figure who to bring along, but I finally decided. Both Sam and Panther contributed to the final proposal in many ways, but I had to make a decision. This first challenge was plenty of fun, and working with my group was great. And the final result was great, and so was all the other team's proposals.

Now you may be asking yourselves why should I stay? Well I'll tell you why! Throughout this project I helped my team, and created the queue, plenty of scenes, and wrote out everything outside the ride. Although at the very end of this challenge I could not post due to personal reasons I promise that I'll be 100% involved. So with that I finish my plead, and wish best of luck to Sam and Panther. Thank you for reading!

Brer Panther

I'll admit, I couldn't think of much to add to the project. I did the prop room scene and an early version of the queue, and I initially suggested having Sam be the tour guide until someone suggested Scooter.

I admittedly can't think of a reason as to why I should stay... I'm a creative fellow (if I can say that without sounding pompous) and I like competitions like this. But I like reading them, too, so if I'm eliminated, I can always watch from the sidelines.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Due to a lower amount of activity than others, @Brer Panther, you're fired. You've got a lot of talent and potential, though, so please keep Imagineering here. I'm sure we'll all love to see what you come up with in the future. And as always, thank you for competing and please stick around and participate in the discussion thread.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
I've been starving to play one of these games for months now. @jdmdisney99, Is there any way I can be squeezed into the competition? I completely understand if you refuse seeing as how it's relatively late into the competition but I think I can be a decent asset to a team if there are any spots available. Thanks anyway!
I understand the urge and I'm sure you'd be a great competitor, but I just can't do that. It's not fair to do as we've already begun and had two competitors eliminated. We are also on a tight schedule that couldn't handle even one extra person. It would require a double elimination more often than every other challenge.

I'm sorry, but I'd love to see some of your freestyle work on the forum! When you're not competing, it can be fun to create difficult challenges for yourself and push your creativity to the limit.

Also, there will be another ICS competition, called The Choice, starting very soon after this contest ends, so keep an eye out! ;)

TheOriginalTiki

I've been starving to play one of these games for months now. @jdmdisney99, Is there any way I can be squeezed into the competition? I completely understand if you refuse seeing as how it's relatively late into the competition but I think I can be a decent asset to a team if there are any spots available. Thanks anyway!

Were in the midst of a SYWTBAI legend here! Fantastic to see you've found your way to WDWMagic, Basketbuddy :D :D

Brer Panther

Due to a lower amount of activity than others, @Brer Panther, you're fired. You've got a lot of talent and potential, though, so please keep Imagineering here. I'm sure we'll all love to see what you come up with in the future. And as always, thank you for competing and please stick around and participate in the discussion thread.

Saw that coming.

Oh, well.. I bid my fellow Armchair Imagineers good luck.

TheOriginalTiki

Thanks for the sentiment, Tiki. Hopefully we can work together (or against each other) soon!

Just for the record, SYWTBAI season 13 is currently slated for next year, probably around Halloween. And yes, were still going with the LONG planned and rumored "murder mystery" theme! :)

In the meantime, as Sam said there's always comps going on here, but the big ones are all ICS sponsored. Definitely look forward to seeing you compete again, and stoked to see you're back in action :D

Matt7187

Well I won't waste any time, let me begin. I have been a very active contestant this season, and my only blunder was not being able to post Challenge 1 due to being out of town and having trouble from my phone. I played a significant role in the development of my teams ride in challenge one, and for Challenge 2 secured our testimonial and did 3 out of the 4 posters. I am far from finished in this comp, and I will continue to give it my all like I have the first two challenges.

MonorailRed

Applebees
First, I'll say I love Team Goofy, we all tried hard to get out what we could and it was great to work with everyone on this Team. It was also extremely hard to choose who to bring to the boardroom.

I should stay because of my past, present, and future work. In the past, I've worked hard and have turned out great projects, to the point of winning the Elite Eight. Though my work now is a bit less because of my schedule, I always try to get out as much as I can in a project. I try to be as active as I possibly can. This Challenge I literally traveled around Magic Kingdom, Epcot, The Polynesian and the Contemporary just to get some amazing clips for the video. Last challenge I spent days on concept and art for the Muppets. I'll always give 110% to a project.

In the future, I will put more into Team Goofy's posts while creatively bringing something new (artistically and conceptually) to the table everytime.

Flippin'Flounder

This challenge our team decided that we weren't going to use words. At the beginning of the season I made sure they all knew I couldn't do pictures, but I decided I'd try one anyway. I went the the Mac AppStore and found "Paint 2". I then had to find a bunch of pictures and make sure there are no holes between them, while still overlapping. Then, I had to export the picture, but you need the full version to do that, so I took a screenshot of it instead. @spacemt354 told me that the words were hard to read, and that I should make them white and put a black border around them, but borders don't exist in "Paint 2" either, so I ended up putting a shadow on it that I believe made it look much better. I stepped out of my comfort zone this week and that is why I think I should've kept in this competition.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
You really did step out of your comfort zone and did a wonderful job helping out in the first two challenges, but due to lack of significant original contributions this challenge, @Flippin'Flounder, you're fired. You have a lot of talent and guts, so make sure to stay in the loop with the discussion thread and your own brainstorming threads. Thank you for competing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom