The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 3 - The Board Room

Sam Magic

Since this contest started I have done everything I can to work with my team to create a final project, and in both challenges 2 and 3 it was my help and the help of Voxel that helped us not only meet the deadline, but meet it with fantastic projects both of which did not fail. During the 24 Hour contest it was literally me and Voxel hashing out ideas and putting stuff together to meet the deadline despite jobs that we both had. We met the deadline with two hours to spare. And when Voxel couldn't post our marketing campaign I adjusted my schedule so that my team could have someone that would post it. In addition, with everything I have done this season, I have given it my heart and my passion.

This week I made the artwork for my team, during that entire process I was constantly talking with my teammates to make sure that the map we had was a great map, one worthy of being associated with our team. Consistently going through my team for everything I make to ensure everyone is pleased by the final product, and working with my team to ensure that the project is the best has allowed me to grow close to my teammates and create fantastic synergy that on more than one occasion has helped our team win. I have sacrificed my time and effort to give my team everything of me, nothing has held me back from helping and working with my team since the contest started. Whether it be an 8 hour + time difference, hospital visits, jobs, or fights with family. To be quite blunt, this contest and the success of my team has been my top priority.

That is why it disappoints me to see us in this position. Not pitty on myself because I know that if I leave, then that is how the games goes, but sadness because I know that everyone put everything they had into our project. Everyone sacrificed their time and effort to create what we hoped would be a winning project. I never want to see my team in this position again, and this drives me to help my team even more achieve success. I know that if I am kept in this contest, not only will my team be able to win and improve, but I also know that I will be able to show even more how much I care about this team. I will be able to showcase new abilities I have gotten since last year and showcase to you, the judges, that you made the right decision keeping me in the game.

If this is indeed though, my swan song, I deeply thank my teammates @Voxel @englanddg @tcool and @Brer Panther for making this game worth playing. For encouraging me to be my best, and for inspiring me to do better. When I say that you have all been brilliant, I mean that fully and completely. Thank you. And to the judges, despite some of the hiccups this contest has had I appreciate the time and care you guys have put towards this, and I thank you for putting me in this team. Thank you all so much.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
sas3memorywall4.jpg

@englanddg has left the competition
<here ends Challenge 4 discussion>

Bucfan87

As I am the newest to these forums and the rookie of this competition I would like to say that this has been a really awesome experience. I honestly thought I would be the first out. I’ve come to really enjoy planning and writing for these challenges. I’ve also gotten to work with some amazing folks and discovered that there is an entire community of people as obsessed with Disney and theme parks as I am. Thank you to everyone for showing me the ropes especially my team, @JokersWild @RMichael21 and @Zweiland.

I feel that my true strengths have not yet been used in this competition. I was able to contribute with the voice over work I did in the 50th challenge and was able to create original stories and settings for several rides and attractions but I have so much more to offer. I do realize that during this past challenge I was absent for almost all of it due to availability and technical issues. The moment that I had the ability to get back on the team I did and yesterday I was able to get caught up on the challenge and create two sections of the project, (Poe and Streetmosphere characters) within a few hours. I really think I have what it takes to continue moving forward in this competition and look forward to bringing my musical abilities to further challenges.

JokersWild

I would first like to mention that it's sad that we're in this situation, especially with the double elimination. Whatever happens, I will say that it's been incredibly enjoyable to work with @Zweiland, @RMichael21, @Bucfan87, and, more recently, @tcool.

As to why I should stay in the competition, I don't have a ton to say. Throughout the entire game, I've been one of the most active in brainstorming, and I've been very willing to do work on whatever is needed to properly finish the project. It may take me a while to finish what I've signed up for, but I do get it done, and I do it well.

Speaking of this project specifically, I was probably the most active member of my team during brainstorming, and as team leader, I tried to keep the team on track as much as I could, constantly trying to get us to put out the best work we could.

I really don't want to do this, as I really don't like having a team split up like this, or having to really talk about why I am better than the others. However, I do feel that I should stay in this competition, if only because of my amount of activity, my willingness to work, and my ability to put out good content each project.

Thank you to @jdmdisney99, @Vipraa, and @TheOriginalTiki for hosting this comp. Hopefully this isn't the end for old Jokers :).

tcool

Let me start off by saying this it has this challenge has been fun. In fact most of these challenges have been fun. My experience on Team Mickey has been great, but I would like to get to know my new team more. One of the best ways to do so is to work with them throughout this competition. Sadly however Team Mickey will be losing a member, and one less person I'l get to know even better. (Not including myself because I think I know myself, or I hope I do).

Now you all may be asking yourselves why should I stay? Well I think I should stay because I'm helpful, and I can get things done quickly. I also would like to prove to my fellow team mates that I'm a better Imagineer than what I showed in this challenge. As I don't think what I contributed was all that wonderful, but I could be wrong after all perhaps these two stores and restaurant where the best stores and restaurants yet. And although I didn't participate in the brainstorming I would be there if my team needed be to do anything. I would give it my best shot, and even research it up to make sure I somewhat know I'm writing about. However this was all in this particular challenge.

In previous challenges I feel like I have helped greatly especially with the Frontierland project where some of those things where done quickly, but still had quality to it. I've also helped with brainstorming other things before as well such as in the Muppets Proposal, and to some degree the Bench Proposal. I even went out of my comfort zone , and created some of the posters for the 50th Anniversary Proposal.

With that I thank all my team mates, and I want you all to know you guys were great. Good luck in the Board Room @JokersWild & @Bucfan87 .

MonorailRed

Applebees
I would like to go ahead and leave Sorcerers Apprentice this season on behalf of my team and the amazing competitiors in the boardroom.

I literally did absolutely nothing this comp when Sorcerers was rebooted after the spat. People who actually put effort in should be able to stay to finish. My schedule's looking a bit busier than expected, and I'd hate to be "dead weight" on Team Goofy - Especially for this competition that has been going on for years.

Though I love Apprentice, it's not in the cards this year, so I'm asking to be eliminated so that another competitor can be amazing while I get my mojo back on the forums. Thank you for understanding.

spacemt354

Chili's
I told Red when we talked, but this is such a noble decision on her part.

We both felt bad that Team Mickey was going to lose two active members. Now at least, one more can stay.

Again, a ton of credit to Red. This is what it is all about. Even though we're on two separate teams, we're all on the same "community" team.

Sam Magic

I told Red when we talked, but this is such a noble decision on her part.

We both felt bad that Team Mickey was going to lose two active members. Now at least, one more can stay.

Again, a ton of credit to Red. This is what it is all about. Even though we're on two separate teams, we're all on the same "community" team.
Not to get too involved and maybe this is inappropriate, but from what I know, Jokers and Zweiland were the main active members this week. And I of course do not know the judges final decision, but I think I know that the judges would not eliminate active members in this scenario. Red's 'sacrafice', while certainly noble, was not necessary.

Zweiland

Not to get too involved and maybe this is inappropriate, but from what I know, Jokers and Zweiland were the main active members this week.
Um, not really. I mean, Jokers was the most active. But I barely had time to glance at the challenge this week, and all the content I wrote was at the last minute at midnight. While Bucfan wasn't around until the submission day, he did way more than me.

I'm thankful that I didn't end up in the boardroom, but I think I deserved to be.

spacemt354

Chili's
Not to get too involved and maybe this is inappropriate, but from what I know, Jokers and Zweiland were the main active members this week. And I of course do not know the judges final decision, but I think I know that the judges would not eliminate active members in this scenario. Red's 'sacrafice', while certainly noble, was not necessary.
I would just stay out of it for now. From the boardroom posts, everyone seemed to contribute in some fashion, and we know our team ran into some issues because people were busy.

Vipraa

Due to the low amount of activity this challenge, @Bucfan87 , You're Fired. Please stick around and I am sure I'm not the only one who can't wait to see what you come up with in the future. I definitely want to see some more of your sound and voice over capabilities. As always, thank you for competing and please stick around and participate in the discussion thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom