One Man's Dream - Complete Walk-through - 7/9/15

nelsonj3

Original Poster
Since One Man's Dream is rumored to be closing very soon, I wanted to be sure that I had a high quality video walk-through, documenting every exhibit and piece of memorabilia in the attraction. I shot the video in 1080p and 60 frames per second to ensure high quality.

The video is fairly long because I made sure to stop at each exhibit and placard long enough that one can actually read the signs. Unfortunately, I didn't get the movie because they asked us not to film, and I usually try to follow the rules... :angelic:

Be sure to post a comment below about what your favorite exhibit in the attraction is/was.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'll be able to check it out this coming week when I'm there for NYFA Film Camp. We should be at HS a good bit since we record our filming in front of the HS backdrops at like 6:00 AM

DisneyGigi

Thanks for posting. I always take tons of photos but do not have any video. Still crossing my fingers, toes, eyes and whatever else there may be a small chance. It is open late August.

Chef Kronk

Disney hasn't confirmed anything about One Man's Dream closing, at least not yet. I can't believe that they would actually get rid of it, even with the DHS makeover. I'll be extremely sad and infuriated if they give One Man's Dream the axe, especially since, well, there would be no WDW without Walt Disney!:banghead: It serves as a great memorial and it fascinates me every time I go in.

Great video by the way:)

Tom P.

That's a wonderful video, @nelsonj3, but you are only speculating about One Man's Dream. As was pointed out multiple times in the petition thread, Disney has said nothing about OMD closing. There's not even a rumor. This is simply your assumption that it will close. But they might choose to not close it. Or they might choose to relocate it to another location. Regardless, you shouldn't leave the impression that its closure is imminent when Disney has said nothing.

nelsonj3

Original Poster
I'll be able to check it out this coming week when I'm there for NYFA Film Camp. We should be at HS a good bit since we record our filming in front of the HS backdrops at like 6:00 AM
I think it is supposed to close on Monday, so hopefully you can go on that day.

nelsonj3

Original Poster
That's a wonderful video, @nelsonj3, but you are only speculating about One Man's Dream. As was pointed out multiple times in the petition thread, Disney has said nothing about OMD closing. There's not even a rumor. This is simply your assumption that it will close. But they might choose to not close it. Or they might choose to relocate it to another location. Regardless, you shouldn't leave the impression that its closure is imminent when Disney has said nothing.

Sorry. I will edit my post.

WondersOfLife

I think it is supposed to close on Monday, so hopefully you can go on that day.

It is?! Really big dagnabbit. They need some freaking replacements for what they've already closed before they close the animation show AND this.. Like really. How is HS still in operation? That's horrible.

Goofyernmost

It is?! Really big dagnabbit. They need some freaking replacements for what they've already closed before they close the animation show AND this.. Like really. How is HS still in operation? That's horrible.
Three things.... RnRC, ToT and TSMM basically with a little side help from the Muppets, Indiana Jones, Great Movie Ride and Star Tours. Other then that, I can't think of any reason.

WondersOfLife

Three things.... RnRC, ToT and TSMM basically with a little side help from the Muppets, Indiana Jones, Great Movie Ride and Star Tours. Other then that, I can't think of any reason.

I don't think the muppets, indy and GMR are helping much at all. Tourists probably haven't ever even heard of GMR or care bout the stunt show TOO much. Heck, a lot of people I know haven't even seen a muppet movie. Which really depresses me.

The only one I can think that helps is Star Tours... So it's still open because it has a couple of headliners. Still, that just really sucks. People aren't going to leave the park saying they had a BLAST like at Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I don't think the muppets, indy and GMR are helping much at all. Tourists probably haven't ever even heard of GMR or care bout the stunt show TOO much. Heck, a lot of people I know haven never even seen a muppet movie. Which really depresses me.

The only one I can think that helps is Star Tours... So it's still open because it has a couple of headliners. Still, that just really sucks. People aren't going to leave the park saying they had a BLAST like at Magic Kingdom.
Hopefully, now that GMR is more visible it will have a better chance. As for Indy, I go to it pretty much every trip and the stadium has always been completely full. How anyone could not have seen Muppets by now is a total mystery to me. What did they even go there to do.

Darren Collmar

I always take tons of photos but do not have any video.
7m.jpg

drp4video

I love One Man's Dream. Now I am sorry I didn't go to DHS (MGM always to me) in May when I was there. I was only there for two days in the parks and as it was the weekend, didn't want to go during Star Tours. How can they close a tribute to Walt Disney and what he created? They are taking away an important understanding of the history of the man and how all this came to be. Taking away the animation experience, the back lot tour, AFI, sound stages, the drew cary sound experience.... I know DHS is no longer a working studio, but they are taking away everything that shows how films are made and their history (Great Movie ride is a tribute to films, doesn't show how they were created). We will be left with a bunch of rides. Makes me very sad.

JIMINYCR

OMD should never be removed. I was even disappointed that it was placed at the back of the park. It deserves a more prominent position and should IMHO be expanded.
I like the dioramas/models of the various Disney sites. I like the displays of the old Disney toys that once were sold to kids to build interest in the Disney brand. I only wish there were more film clips of Walt explaining things to us himself. And an animatronic Walt would be interesting to see.

KentB3

OMD should never be removed. I was even disappointed that it was placed at the back of the park. It deserves a more prominent position and should IMHO be expanded.
I like the dioramas/models of the various Disney sites. I like the displays of the old Disney toys that once were sold to kids to build interest in the Disney brand. I only wish there were more film clips of Walt explaining things to us himself. And an animatronic Walt would be interesting to see.

An animatronic Walt Disney would go against his wishes. Two things Walt never wanted was for his likeness to be used an Audio Animatronic or a park character.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom