Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

redshoesrock

Original Poster
I tend to lurk more than not (due to being a CM), but this was a piece of news that came my way that I wanted to share. You're welcome to believe it or not.

We (the CMs in the part of MK where I work) had a meeting with two of our leaders who were talking about various internal things (high guest satisfaction ratings, great job, here's where we can improve, etc etc). Our leaders also mentioned that, while there won't be a huge celebration for the 45th anniversary coming up next year, Disney is already planning for the 50th anniversary. They said that the current plans are to completely overhaul both Frontierland and Tomorrowland both in the facades and adding new attractions. They said to expect some big, big changes in those two lands, although they admitted they didn't have any specifics as to what "New" Frontierland and "New" Tomorrowland would look like, nor what attractions would be added.

I suppose they could of been lying, but I've never known our leaders to deliberately do that - they've always been on the up-and-up, even to the point of saying, "Yes I know something, but I'm not allowed to say anything yet about it." So, like I said, take that news for what it is. We all know Disney, they could completely change their mind six months later and cheap-out on the whole thing. Just wanted to let you guys know.

MagicHappens1971

Most likely why they are having these conversations now.
lol. Your 100% right.
I tend to lurk more than not (due to being a CM), but this was a piece of news that came my way that I wanted to share. You're welcome to believe it or not.

We (the CMs in the part of MK where I work) had a meeting with two of our leaders who were talking about various internal things (high guest satisfaction ratings, great job, here's where we can improve, etc etc). Our leaders also mentioned that, while there won't be a huge celebration for the 45th anniversary coming up next year, Disney is already planning for the 50th anniversary. They said that the current plans are to completely overhaul both Frontierland and Tomorrowland both in the facades and adding new attractions. They said to expect some big, big changes in those two lands, although they admitted they didn't have any specifics as to what "New" Frontierland and "New" Tomorrowland would look like, nor what attractions would be added.

I suppose they could of been lying, but I've never known our leaders to deliberately do that - they've always been on the up-and-up, even to the point of saying, "Yes I know something, but I'm not allowed to say anything yet about it." So, like I said, take that news for what it is. We all know Disney, they could completely change their mind six months later and cheap-out on the whole thing. Just wanted to let you guys know.
I'd also hope for a new electrical parade, and some of the other cool things DLR got for there 60th.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I hope you're right Tomorrowland needs a serious overhaul. I just hope they leave Carousel of Progress alone they just need to update they final scene! For Frontierland I hope they dust off the Western River Expedition plans.
I wonder if they could add a scene. You would have to enter the theater in the first scene then they could add the new scene in the intro theater. They could do the intro as a video in the queu area?

MagicHappens1971

Thanks for starting this, I think a few weeks ago I started a similar thread, so i got excited when I saw this

redshoesrock

Original Poster
lol. Your 100% right.

I'd also hope for a new electrical parade, and some of the other cool things DLR got for there 60th.

I was told awhile ago that yes, MK will be getting a new electrical parade. The leader I talked to said, "I hope it's not Paint the Night," but they said it in such a way that led me to believe that it's probably going to be Paint the Night. (YMMV)The MSEP wasn't supposed to last this long - it was supposed to be "retired" again about three/four years ago, but because of what happened to SpectroMagic, MSEP had to stick around longer than anticipated. Frankly, speaking only for myself, I'll be glad to see MSEP go. Some of the floats are so old most guests have no idea what it is (Pete and Elliot being the biggest example, IMHO).

MagicHappens1971

I was told awhile ago that yes, MK will be getting a new electrical parade. The leader I talked to said, "I hope it's not Paint the Night," but they said it in such a way that led me to believe that it's probably going to be Paint the Night. (YMMV)The MSEP wasn't supposed to last this long - it was supposed to be "retired" again about three/four years ago, but because of what happened to SpectoMagic, MSEP had to stick around longer than anticipated. Frankly, speaking only for myself, I'll be glad to see MSEP go. Some of the floats are so old most guests have no idea what it is (Pete and Elliot being the biggest example, IMHO).
I honestly didn't know who Pete was, until that pin came out like 2 months ago, I just thought it was a green dragon lol

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I honestly didn't know who Pete was, until that pin came out like 2 months ago, I just thought it was a green dragon lol

Pete is the kid. Elliot is the dragon.

Lol sorry

I rest my case.

Like Mr. Ed & Wilber? (Wilber is the man) :p

I have nostalgia for MSEP and would love to sit with my kids and watch it but realistically it has to go and it's time for an incredible replacement. We need a parade / castle combo show that will WOW everyone for a long time.

brb1006

I wonder if the new electrical parade might be a combination of Paint The Night and Spectromagic?

Also have there been any rumors for new character meet and greets for the 50th Anniversary or in the future? Because I remember there was a rumor about Toulouse and Berlioz from The Aristocats we're heard to start doing meet and greets at the Walt Disney World's Epcot in the France Pavilion years ago along with Marie before she started doing meet and greets at the Magic Kingdom in 2013. I heard that Toulouse and Berlioz have recently started showing up at Disneyland Paris and most recently at Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea. I always loved Marie, but I always felt bad for her brothers Toulouse and Berlioz who hardly get any attention for Aristocats merchandise besides their sister.

Last edited:

brb1006

I would love for the new electrical parade to be as @brb1006 said - more like Spectromagic than Paint the Night, but with the technology of Paint the Night. That would be awesome. I just hope it doesn't end up being a rave, like PTN is.
Be glad PTN didn't have the show stop like Hong Kong did.

However I wished they used the soundtrack that was heard for it's behind the scenes video for the "Drum" float that can be heard at 0:40 - 0:59 and again at 1:15 in the video. Because that remix of the MSEP sounded better than the final version.

cspencer96

Be glad PTN didn't have the show stop like Hong Kong did.

However I wished they used the soundtrack that was heard for it's behind the scenes video for the "Drum" float that can be heard at 0:40 - 0:59 and again at 1:15 in the video. Because that remix of the MSEP sounded better than the final version.

That sounds awesome! I'd actually be ok if they went with something like that, sound wise.

brb1006

That sounds awesome! I'd actually be ok if they went with something like that, sound wise.
I also find that version of PTN's music more energetic and catchy. I was a disappointed when they didn't use version for it's debut. Hopefully that might use this in the future, because I remember Festival Of Fantasy added Frozen's music for it's opening float a year ago and was previously "Ounce Upon a Dream".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom