PHOTOS - Disney reveals new lobby design and Trader Sam's lounge for the Polynesian

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I believe you go all the way to the rear of the lobby (lower level) and it's off to the right. If you step outside, you'll be on the terrace.
It is on the left if you enter from the front doors. Just past the Trader Sam's entrance is another door to the outside, but you aren't on the terrace, you are just outside and need to turn right to get to the terrace.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It is on the left if you enter from the front doors. Just past the Trader Sam's entrance is another door to the outside, but you aren't on the terrace, you are just outside and need to turn right to get to the terrace.
That makes sense. I was basing it on these:

tsoutdoorpatio.jpeg

Sage of Time

I still think they should have knocked down the wall to Captain Cook's and just made it into one big facility... and moved the quick service to some other location, like Tangaroa Terrace.

kkocka

I still think they should have knocked down the wall to Captain Cook's and just made it into one big facility... and moved the quick service to some other location, like Tangaroa Terrace.

Would be too large. Service is managable now, although I feel the inside bar is still shorthanded a bit and that's including the fact that one is almost exclusively making drinks for the rest of the room. Even though Enchanted Tiki Bar is a success in CA, how this bar will play out in FL is still sorta experimental. There's definitely a big tiki culture in SoCal and around Disneyland. That bar could be open at 10am and it would still have a flood of people at opening. I've read a lot on how many lookyloos there are, those that sip on water or a single drink then just socialize, and people not tipping. Come on! If you're not willing to tip on a $52 drink you shouldn't have any business soaking up space.

KordovaJD

There was a line 50 people long to go in at 4:00 last Friday. I didn't go during my stay, but seems popular.

I didn't have any problems with the lobby, but I hadn't been there for 15 years, so I don't really remember it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom