Make your own parade!!

walter1901

Original Poster
Make your own WDW parade here. Describe your floats, your themed units, what characters would be in it, what the costumes would look like, etc. So what would your parade be like?

Figaro928

I always thought MK's parade should be themed according to the land's.

A main street float w. the fab five dressed Victorian; maybe Mary Poppins & Burt

Two Adventureland Float (hey this is my dream) one featuring Baloo & King Louie; the Tiki Birds and Aladin. The other one a big 'ol Pirate ship with Sparrow, Hook and Pan

Liberty Square Float to look like the liberty bell boat with Tiana And Pocohantas, on and the Hitchhiking Ghosts

Frontier Land - lot's of cowboys and Bears.

Fantasy land - here's where all the princesses and their princes would go! and Pooh and crew

Tomorrow land with the toy story clan and Stitch.

The last float would be Tinkerbell and the Fairy Godmother tell everyone to make a wish!!

Soarin2u

Mine would be in Epcot, though tighter streets (somewhat) there still needs to a parade here. The World Showcase would be the center for it all. Countries would go by the order of which they are at Epcot, wether it be Mexico to England, or England to Mexico. Preferably Mexico toEngland. Each country will have native performers dressed in traditional clothing. Common parading items in home country will showcase throughtime the show.
  • Mexico will have dancers and Marachi bands. The float might include the temple with with Donald etc. Or a Hispanic adobe house with a front porch and dancers and lights.
  • Norway would have Vikings and Viking boats as floats. Battles between Vikings as they pass the streets.Anna and Elsa would be in an Elegant Ice theme float With A reindeer appearing to pull it.
  • China would have the dragons, sparklers, Gymnast, Pulling temples with mule and performers.
  • Germany, would have Nazi's...(I am a awful person) NO, they would have those dance performers, Carriages, accordianes , and I don't know what else. Some else have an idea for Germany?
  • Italy would have Emporers, old Roman performers, A float with a Emperor in a old temple surrounded by old rock, with women fanning him etc. Chefs that look like they are cooking at a fake kitchen float, using over exaggerated motions and being silly by be so crammed together and trying to get around.
  • America would have Old ford cars, Ball Room dancers, floats with presidents, in 17th century buildings.
  • Japan would have Geishas, Drummers, traditional Japanese floats, Floats covered in gardens and flowers.
  • Morocco would have Belly Dancers, The flying carpet and Aladdin and Jasmine.
  • France would have mimes, over dramatic theatre performers, Remi and crew. The Chef float would also work here
  • Canada...Oh Canada, oh Canada, oh what are we going to do with you? Classic tribes, with their awing dances. Moses and soldiers. I know a lot about present day Canada but I can't say I know much about its personal past. I want to stray away from modern day stereotypes.
  • England would have soldiers, Kings, and large Ballgowns and classic music. Any Englanders my add.

Though I know this Idea won't likely happen because Disney would say it would damage the magic of being in a another country. I'd think it'd be cool. I honestly can't come up with good ideas for some of them because a lot has to involve performing and people and not all countries have something that are really distinct in performances or things that can represented quickly by floats. Like Germany here is known for gorgeous villages, churches and beer;). But you can't really just show that, you need performers too, luckily I remembered the polka.

RadiatorSpringsRacer

Bumping this rather than starting a whole other topic. Anyway, my idea, what with the new Hong Kong night parade (which looks fantastic but whose painting gimmick apparently had some kinks in it), is to plus the concept of "painting the night" by allowing the guests to actually color much larger parts of the parade.

How will this work? The thought is to have different parade units - whirlyballs, costumes, parts of floats, etc. basically covered in pixels - or rear-projected - so that they can completely change their appearance at any time. In effect, the entire thing is a display.

tumblr_inline_mksxcdDwMl1qz4rgp.jpg

toyota-fun-vii-dis_2072239i.jpg

There would be an art station open at the park until a couple of hours before the parade starts, in which guests could pick a paper template for whichever paintable unit they wanted to design, and then get to work. Disney's done this sort of thing before with LuminAria; why not plus it? (If you're familiar with the process of putting textures onto a 3D model, this concept should be easier to visualize.)

All the submitted paintings, after being properly checked, sorted, scanned and what not, would be cycled through along the parade route.

Guests' designs could be linked to their MagicBands, and an alert could also be sent to each guest's MDE app to let them know where to sit/stand along the route to see their design(s) in action. Can you imagine the character interaction possibilities of this sort of thing? "Thank you for making this for me!" "Your painting looks wonderful." "I love the red/blue/gold/etc." "Say, this reminds of the time [insert event from movie here]."

I might develop this idea more within this thread in the future...

Last edited:

orlando678-

I really like the idea of having a parade like paint the night but still with respect to the old spectromagic parade.

Ideas:

- Mickey and Minnie on a magical float as hkdl paint the night's last float.
- Casey Junior Train and Pink Elephants on parade floats. ( speciality will be the pink elephants)
- Tangled and at last I see the light ( speciality will be the lanterns and Rapunzel's glowing hair)
- Frozen on a frozen mountain ( speciality will be the snow and the let it go part with elsa showing her powers)
- Pocahontas in the forest( speciality will be the leafs from the colors of the wind song)
- Aladdin and Jasmine flying over Agrabah with Genie( speciality will be Genie and his magic)
- Neverland and Captain Hook's ship( speciality will be the second star to the right, cannons and tinkerbell's powers)
- Snow white and the seven dwarfs mine( speciality will be the diamonds)
- Alice in Wonderland similar to Tokyo's scene but longer and with a giant queen of hearts( happiness is here but then angry) ( speciality will be the cheshire cat, mad tea party smoke and the caterpillar)
-Lion King on mountain( speciality will be the rising sun with the circle of life part)
- Villains' mountain big float with Doctor facilier, the evil queen, Maleficent, Judge claude frollo, Cruella de vil, Jafar, Scar( animatronic puppet), Ursula( animatronic puppet), Gaston, Governor ratcliff, Hades ( Animatronic), Yzma, Mother Gothel, Big bad wolf, shere khan ( animatronic puppet) and Shan yu ( speciality will be when chernabog breaks out of the top of the mountain)
- Princess and the frog in the bayou( speciality will be the fireflies)
- Toy story float with moving parts and the big slinky dog and giant zurg behind it
- Beauty and the beast as very similar as in hkdl but there will be a giant rose and there will be a small float for be our guest( speciality will be the enchanted rose and Belle's dress)
- Brave ( speciality will be the willow the wisps)
- Winnie the pooh( speciality will be the bees and heffalumps and woozles)
- Cars with Mac and moving cars similar to paint the night ( speciality the lights from the cars)
- Big Hero 6 ( speciality will be the powers of the heroes and the attack against Yokai)
- Little Mermaid under the sea party ( speciality will be bubbles and the water)

- end float with elliot and peter waving goodbye ( disappearing and appearing)

Last edited:

tcool

My idea is that once Soundsational goes away at DL bring over the Mickey Unit, Mary Poppins Unit, The Original Song, and name of the parade over to DHS.

Opening Unit - Mickey's Soundsational Float with the addition of Donald & Daisy walking in front of it. There will be an added prop of Oswald on the main float. Songs Used : Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, The Mickey Mouse March, Title Song (Big Float)

Enchanted Unit - Giselle in her clothing store will be the main float along with the NYC Friends. The parade performers will look like the ones in That's How You Know. Songs Used : That's How You Know, Ever Ever After, True Love's Kiss, Title Song (Drum will have a candy cane diagonal pattern. Some Stripes will be painted pink. Several Stripes will be painted the city buildings of NYC, Andalashia, and Giselle's Store)

Beat of the Jungle Unit - This will have 3 'sections', but remain a single float. The front part will be themed to Rafiki's Tree with Rafiki riding in the front. The Middle will be swings like at Festival of Fantasy, but these will be themed to Apes and Trashin' the Camp from Tarzan. The last part will be a temple with King Louie on it. In front of the float Baloo, Timon, and Turk will be walking. There will also be a Kaa shaking a maraca following the float being pushed by someone. (Kaa's eye will also be in it's hypnotizing state) Songs Used : Trashing the Camp, Circle of Life, I Want To Be Like You, Title Song

Wonderland Unit - Alice will be riding the main float surrounded by the singing flowers and Mr. Caterpillar. Waliking in front of the drum will be The White Rabbit, Mad Hatter, and The Queen of Hearts. Following the float will be Dormouse using tea pot lids as cymbals inside the cymbals will be The Cheshire Cat painted on one side and on the other The March Hare. Songs Used : Merry Unbirthday, Golden Afternoon, Painting The Roses Red, I'm Late, Title Song (Drum will have a candy cane diagonal pattern. Some Stripes will be painted blue. Several Stripes will be painted several scenes and characters from Alice in Wonderland)

The Woods Unit - The Baker, The Baker's Wife, and Little Riding Hood are riding in the front of float. While in the back Cinderella and Jack are found. The float will have for the front the Baker's House, the Witch's Magic Garden, and fences were the characters will be. In the front you will also be able to spot Rapunzel's Tower with hair and her singing faintly. The back will be Cinderella's and Jack's Home as well as the tree were Cinderella's Mother is buried plus Milky White the Cow will be there too. Walking in front of the float will be the Wolf, The Witch, and Rapunzel's Prince. Following the back will be The Ugly stepsisters, Wicked Stepmother, and the Dad riding the Carriage. Songs Used : Prologue I, Ever After, Children Will Listen, Title Song

Muppets Unit - The main float will be Kermit & Miss Piggy sitting on a log surrounded by suitcases. Ahead of the main float will be Fozzie's Studebaker and Gonzo's Turck Thing on top of it from the first film. Inside the Studebaker you will be able to find Rowlf, Fozzie, and Gonzo. Ahead of the Studebaker will be a Double Decker Bus painted to be the Electric Mayhem's Vehicle. Inside the Double Bus will have : Pepe, Rizzo, Dr.Teeth, Animal, Janice, Zoot, Floyd Pepper, The Swedish Chef, Walter, Beaker, Dr.Huneydew, Sam the Eagle, Scooter, Camilla, Crazy Harry, Constantine, Uncle Deadly, Lew Zealand, and Bobo. Following the main float will be Sweetums on foot and Statler & Waldorf in a rowboat. Songs Used : Rainbow Connection (2010), Together Again (Most Wanted), The Muppet Show Theme, Built This City on Rock'n'Roll, Title Song (Drum will have several green stripes and painted Muppets)

Princess Unit - Before the main float will be 3 carriages one being a steamboat being pulled by Louis, one being King Triton's Chariot from the first movie being pulled by a dolphin, the last one being Cinderella's Carriage being pulled by her horse. In the steamboat will be Tiana, in the King Triton's Chariot will be Ariel in her mermaid outfit, and in Cinderella's Carriage will be Cinderella. The main float will be a cross between the Seven Dwarves Cottage & The 3 Good Fairy's Cottage. On side of the cottage will have 3 opening windows and whenever on opens another close inside the windows a face of a good fairy can be seen. The other side will have a very long window that will open and close from the top and bottom to reveal all 7 Dwarves. The chimney will occasionally shoot out confetti(blue & pink), but will always be blowing out bubbles. The front of the float will be carrying Rapunzel and Snow White while the back will be carrying Aurora. The back of the float will also have a spindle wheel and some cube trees. THe front will have a wash-up area in font of a window for Snow White, several potted flowers and plants painted by a Rapunzel, and a small table with a lantern on it. Music Used : Once Upon a Dream, A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes, Part of That World, Title Song.

The Ice Palace Unit - Before the main float you can see Kristoff and his Ice Harvester Buddies with their picaxes,and this act will be changed to be more like the sholvers from the Halloween Parade with them hitting the ground and causing sparks. The main float will be a special drum float the top if the float will be a ice throne that completely covers it and Icicles and Trees with ice drops will help as well. The same model of Olaf from FOF Parade will be here as well.Sitting on top of the Ice Throne will be Elsa. Following the float will be Anna riding a sleigh being "pulled" by Sven. The sleigh will have several musical instruments in it as well as some rock trolls. Music Used : Frozen Heart, Let It Go,Title Song

[More to Come]

Last edited:

mharrington

My idea is for a brand-new nighttime parade at the Magic Kingdom to finally replace the Main Street Electrical Parade. It's called the Magic Kingdom Illumination Celebration, and it's akin to the old Disneyland fireworks show "Remember Dreams Come True", in that the parade's theme is a homage to WDW's Magic Kingdom. It will debut for the property's 50th anniversary in 2021, along with a new show at Epcot about a homage to that park to replace IllumiNations.

Anyway, this new show will be a new nighttime parade, which will use technology from the Paint the Night parade at Hong Kong Disneyland (and the upcoming Animazement parade for Disneyland).

I will go into more detail later.

tcool

My idea is that once Soundsational goes away at DL bring over the Mickey Unit, Mary Poppins Unit, The Original Song, and name of the parade over to DHS.

Opening Unit - Mickey's Soundsational Float with the addition of Donald & Daisy walking in front of it. There will be an added prop of Oswald on the main float. Songs Used : Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, The Mickey Mouse March, Title Song (Big Float)

Enchanted Unit - Giselle in her clothing store will be the main float along with the NYC Friends. The parade performers will look like the ones in That's How You Know. Songs Used : That's How You Know, Ever Ever After, True Love's Kiss, Title Song (Drum will have a candy cane diagonal pattern. Some Stripes will be painted pink. Several Stripes will be painted the city buildings of NYC, Andalashia, and Giselle's Store)

Beat of the Jungle Unit - This will have 3 'sections', but remain a single float. The front part will be themed to Rafiki's Tree with Rafiki riding in the front. The Middle will be swings like at Festival of Fantasy, but these will be themed to Apes and Trashin' the Camp from Tarzan. The last part will be a temple with King Louie on it. In front of the float Baloo, Timon, and Turk will be walking. There will also be a Kaa shaking a maraca following the float being pushed by someone. (Kaa's eye will also be in it's hypnotizing state) Songs Used : Trashing the Camp, Circle of Life, I Want To Be Like You, Title Song

Wonderland Unit - Alice will be riding the main float surrounded by the singing flowers and Mr. Caterpillar. Waliking in front of the drum will be The White Rabbit, Mad Hatter, and The Queen of Hearts. Following the float will be Dormouse using tea pot lids as cymbals inside the cymbals will be The Cheshire Cat painted on one side and on the other The March Hare. Songs Used : Merry Unbirthday, Golden Afternoon, Painting The Roses Red, I'm Late, Title Song (Drum will have a candy cane diagonal pattern. Some Stripes will be painted blue. Several Stripes will be painted several scenes and characters from Alice in Wonderland)

The Woods Unit - The Baker, The Baker's Wife, and Little Riding Hood are riding in the front of float. While in the back Cinderella and Jack are found. The float will have for the front the Baker's House, the Witch's Magic Garden, and fences were the characters will be. In the front you will also be able to spot Rapunzel's Tower with hair and her singing faintly. The back will be Cinderella's and Jack's Home as well as the tree were Cinderella's Mother is buried plus Milky White the Cow will be there too. Walking in front of the float will be the Wolf, The Witch, and Rapunzel's Prince. Following the back will be The Ugly stepsisters, Wicked Stepmother, and the Dad riding the Carriage. Songs Used : Prologue I, Ever After, Children Will Listen, Title Song

Muppets Unit - The main float will be Kermit & Miss Piggy sitting on a log surrounded by suitcases. Ahead of the main float will be Fozzie's Studebaker and Gonzo's Turck Thing on top of it from the first film. Inside the Studebaker you will be able to find Rowlf, Fozzie, and Gonzo. Ahead of the Studebaker will be a Double Decker Bus painted to be the Electric Mayhem's Vehicle. Inside the Double Bus will have : Pepe, Rizzo, Dr.Teeth, Animal, Janice, Zoot, Floyd Pepper, The Swedish Chef, Walter, Beaker, Dr.Huneydew, Sam the Eagle, Scooter, Camilla, Crazy Harry, Constantine, Uncle Deadly, Lew Zealand, and Bobo. Following the main float will be Sweetums on foot and Statler & Waldorf in a rowboat. Songs Used : Rainbow Connection (2010), Together Again (Most Wanted), The Muppet Show Theme, Built This City on Rock'n'Roll, Title Song (Drum will have several green stripes and painted Muppets)

[More to Coming]
Added Into The Woods Unit & Muppets Unit

RadiatorSpringsRacer

More info on my hypothetical parade, as suggested.

SpectroMagic: Our Colors Combined will ultimately be not just a cavalcade of art and color, but a tribute to each person's individuality and imagination; their power to express themselves and bring to light everything that inspires them.

For the sake of character interaction, new versions of all Made With Magic accessories will be released for the parade that can sync with wearers' MagicBands.

Recent issues within Pixar notwithstanding, I thought Sheriff Woody would be a good co-host for this parade. He's enthusiastic and unafraid while still having a kind of warmth to him, and the fact that he's a toy that a child plays with ties beautifully into the theme. Ten minutes before the start of the celebration, and again with "just a few" to go, he and the old standout Jiminy Cricket will address the guests:

JIMINY:
Walt Disney World guests young and old, this is your SpectroMagical host, Jiminy Cricket. We here at the Magic Kingdom have been pouring over all the great art that you did up today, and we can't wait to see it glow out there on the streets.
Come on out and paint the night with us. You'll see Mickey Mouse and his lovable friends, the enchanted wonders of Belle and the Beast's castle, the pulse-pounding adventures of the Big Hero 6, and so many more of the magic worlds of Disney.
Now for those of you that painted something for us, I'll hand it over to tonight's creative director, my pal Sheriff Woody.

WOODY:
Howdy, everyone! Welcome to the show! If you drew up some artwork, make sure you head over to where it's set to show up if you haven't yet. And remember, when your creation gets close to you, anything you're wearing that's Made With SpectroMagic is gonna sparkle in a bunch of different colors depending on what you made - sort of like it's doing right now! In my time as a toy I've seen a lot of great imagination, and I think all yours is right up there with it. Jiminy, how long until we step off?

JIMINY:
Just about ten minutes. See you then, folks!

*5-minute announcement might go here at a later time*

Opening
As guests take in their first glimpses of the opening float, they hear the familiar SpectroMagic theme with revised lyrics...

On this magic night
The rainbow’s hues shine all around us
Bring our dreams to light
Colorful, wonderful, waiting for us
So let's paint the night,
And show the world in SpectroMagic
What lights us and lights our way!

WOODY:
Welcome to the splendor, the spectacle, the soaring sensation - where with a spark of light, a rainbow of possibilities, and a special touch from each of us, unforgettable characters and moments of Disney stories are painted to life.
*LIGHTS DIM*
JIMINY:
And now, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents, in ten million bright hues of musical light...the magic worlds of Disney...as our colors combine in SpectroMagic!

Leading Unit
Maestro Minnie Mouse, elevated on a podium at the back of the float, controls an orchestra of enchanted instruments - trumpets, violins, oboes, etc., a thin paintbrush with a glowing tip serving as her baton. Each instrument's bells, strings, etc. glow a different color when that instrument is played. In front of the float, three pairs of Spectropainters - the whimsical creatures formerly known as Spectromen - waltz romantically to the music. Their names: Lightcap, Waxxee, Twinkle, Piccolo, Glitterflow, Tyedye. Each has a SpectroMagical art tool (paintbrush, crayon, marker, pencil, etc.) affixed to one of their arms, and they can change the colors of any accessories the guests are wearing with a cheerful wave. The float itself takes cues from the trumpeters' float and orchestra float in the original parade, as a red music staff with golden notes flows elegantly down either side.

Behind Minnie, four more Spectropainters - Holo-Brite, Lo-Beat, Rapstar and Opera - travel on whirlyballs. Interspersed within the promenade is a small unit with Mickey atop, controlling (by way of water effects) a circle of brilliant liquid color that melts down underneath him and encompasses multiple colors of the spectrum from red to purple. On the top and the bottom, the unit is bordered with a golden, warmly lit, wavelike crown.

A reimagined SpectroMagic title float comes into view next, writing the parade's logo before our eyes once again. Two Spectropainters, Prismatix and Harmony, chatter about on balls affixed to the float, much like the setup of the original. The float itself is composed of fountain-like golden tubes that spew liquid color, which change hues in time with the logo. Along the bottom is a silver ribbon studded with light patterns.

Paintable: Minnie's outfit, whirlyballs, SpectroMagic: OCC logo

Alice in Wonderland Unit
Tulgey Wood makes up the front of this float - Alice is flanked by a few trees, with animatronic creatures sitting on their branches. The Caterpillar sits at the top of one tree, and the Cheshire Cat appears and reappears continuously. At the rear are the Queen of Hearts' rose bushes, whose roses can change color as the playing cards paint them. Yet more cards surround the float, and they can use their brushes to paint any accessories the guests are wearing.
Paintable: Tulgey Wood trees

Inside Out Unit
--More to come--

Cars Unit
In a recreation of his body art studio - with paint cans, display hoods and such all around - Ramone faces backwards, bouncing on his hydraulics and holding his airbrush. He paints the cars rolling behind him - Lightning McQueen (with his original Piston Cup parts) and Mater - as well as the guests' accessories. Guido has come along as well, driving and spinning about.
Paintable: Lightning, Mater, Ramone

Beauty and the Beast Unit
--More to come--

Big Hero 6 Unit
On top of a stack of Big Hero 6 comic books, Hiro is testing a modification of his now-famous Microbots - they now light up! This is achieved through a spherical volumetric display similar to the one seen on Mack in Disneyland's Paint the Night. At the front is Fred, spewing fire of several different colors. A second float consists of a giant open book, turned inward so that its pages are displayed on either side of the route. Honey Lemon and Wasabi battle a generic enemy on either side, playing along with the different backgrounds displayed in the books. Gogo Tomago and Baymax split the two floats on foot - or, in the former's case, on wheels. Gogo's outfit dazzles as she spins, Wasabi's blades glow, Honey spews colored smoke from her capsules, and Baymax can show his surroundings on his hyperspectral camera.
Paintable: Book pages on second float

Villains' Unit
I admittedly haven't fleshed this out a lot yet, but basically, the villains wreak havoc - similarly to that section in Fantillusion - and the Evil Queen uses a spell to drain everything to black and white, from the floats to the guests' accessories.

Finale Cavalcade

Jiminy Cricket, left to try and manage the chaos, speaks to the guests again - "Oh dear, what'll we do? How will we all get our light back? Doesn't anyone out there have even a little color left?"

At that moment, a select few of the guests' accessories - tiny specks in the sea of people - will glow brightly again, and it'll be clear to the guests that some color has survived! From there, using their wands/brushes/what have you, they will give each other their light back, person to person, until the entire curb is lit once more.

Show all your colors
This world is ours
Reach in, bring out your
Smiles and tears and hopes and memories

We will remember
What we made together
Tonight will forever
Live in our dreams!

Though we say goodbye
We've cast a spell that won't be broken
Let this night forever
Live in our dreams!

On this magic night
The rainbow’s hues shine all around us
Bring our dreams to light
Colorful, wonderful, waiting for us
So let's paint the night,
And show the world in SpectroMagic
What lights us and lights our way!

The finale begins with the Castle Unit, led by some of the Seven Dwarfs (and at this point, any Made With Magic accessory that hasn't already re-lit will do so). The others are on the castle balcony of its main float, and they've naturally decorated the towers with sparkling jewels. On occasion, they'll even use their mining tools to pop one of them right off the wall for further inspection! Some of the smaller characters take turns popping in and out of the towers' windows - Jaq and Gus, Tinker Bell, even Duchess' kittens. Mulan, Cinderella, Tiana, Jasmine and Snow White surround the procession on foot. The Three Fairies float towards the back, and Flora and Merryweather consistently fuss over whether to paint the guests' accessories pink or blue.

Casey Jr. rolls in pulling three small passenger carts, with Huey, Dewey and Louie aboard, and the Private car from the ending of Dumbo at the rear, carrying Dumbo himself.

A revamp of the carousel from the original parade comes floating in next. Paintable flats now circle the unit (perhaps their ability to change shape could be accomplished with a similar effect to the one used on the pirate ship's sails in Dreamlights).

Pluto shows up here, as well as Pooh and Tigger.

Jiminy Cricket and Woody appear at the back of the final float, waving goodbye to the guests. As for the rest of it, Goofy and Donald will be standing among larger-than-life art supplies - crayons, paintbrushes, paint cans, sheets of paper, watercolors, etc. - as well as an easel. There'll also be a few blocks with Disney Infinity textures, as a small homage to that game. At the front, Daisy sits at the helm of a toy video camera.
Paintable: Train cars, princesses' dresses, carousel pictures, easel

Last edited:

mharrington

Here's some more information on my new parade, the Magic Kingdom Illumination Celebration...

As I said before, my parade is about WDW's Magic Kingdom for its 50th anniversary in 2021. It's sort of like Disneyland's Remember Dreams Come True fireworks show for its 50th in 2005 in that it is about the park itself.

In addition to taking some inspiration from the upcoming Animazement parade at Disneyland (which in turn was based on the Paint the Night parade at Hong Kong Disneyland), this parade, as a nod to appropriate history, will take some inspiration from the old SpectroMagic parade, particularly the theme of "On This Magic Night". It's going to be based on the music of that old parade, but with revised lyrics. Also, Jiminy Cricket serves as host, co-hosted by Tinker Bell.

Anyway, each segment of the parade is based on a different land in the park. I will explain some of the ideas of floats and characters later, but for now, here's a list of some of the possible ideas for music in each of these parade segments, with the new show's theme music spread throughout the parade (although the name is yet to be determined). Main Street is not listed, because I don't have any ideas yet:

ADVENTURELAND:
--The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
--Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life For Me)

FRONTIERLAND/LIBERTY SQUARE:
--The Ballad of Davy Crockett
--Bear Band Serenade
--Ev'rybody's Got a Laughing Place
--Grim Grinning Ghosts

FANTASYLAND:
--You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!
--The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers
--Under the Sea
--Heigh-Ho
--The Unbirthday Song
--A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes
--It's a Small World (After All)

TOMORROWLAND:
--There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
--If You Had Wings

Anyway, that's the ideas for the music in the parade, but it's not complete yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cars Unit
In a recreation of his body art studio - with paint cans, display hoods and such all around - Ramone faces backwards, bouncing on his hydraulics and holding his airbrush. He paints the cars rolling behind him - Lightning McQueen (with his original Piston Cup parts), Sally and Wingo - as well as the guests' accessories on occasion.
Paintable: Lightning, Sally, Wingo

You should also include Mater in this section and make him paintable as well. In many of his tall tales, he has gotten different paint jobs on him, depending on the short in question.

RadiatorSpringsRacer

So I've decided to do some preliminary rough sketches/concept art for the parade I talked about earlier, just for the sake of having something visual to go along with all my talking. (But as you can probably tell, I don't do this often...)

Nothing in these is by any means final, and they're only for the beginning of the parade. If/when I hit on good designs for all the floats, I'll trace/color them in Photoshop and make them look pretty.

D6kpub8.jpg

XWltUVP.jpg

HJp3g3a.jpg

f7UaEso.jpg

rt6Cdqq.jpg

Last edited:

mharrington

After reading both @RadiatorSpringsRacer's lyrics and the lyrics of the real SpectroMagic, I tried to come up with something for Magic Kingdom Illumination Celebration (the new Magic Kingdom night parade for the 50th in 2021):

On this magic night
A Magic Kingdom has opened for us
A new kind of wonder of light
Wonderful, magical and so exciting
Fifty years ago, tonight,
A SpectroMagic opened up for
The young-in-heart to light the way!

After 2021, the lyrics going "Fifty years ago, tonight..." will be revised to "In '71, tonight...". Then we hear Jiminy Cricket saying something about WDW opening in 1971, followed by the sound of Roy O. Disney dedicating the Magic Kingdom:

Anyway, that's the basic gist of it right now. Like I said, it takes a lot of inspiration from the Remember Dreams Come True fireworks show (the dedication and the basic concept being about the park itself) and SpectroMagic ("On This Magic Night" with new lyrics and Jiminy Cricket as host). But I can't really think of anything else about this show right now. Like I said, any help would be greatly appreciated.

RadiatorSpringsRacer

I like where your project's headed, @mharrington . I took a look at the lyrics you put up and, while they don't quite follow the meter of the original song I think they're going in the right direction.

Another note: I'm not sure about the lyrics directly containing the word "SpectroMagic". It seems to be put in just for the sake of it without context ( what is SpectroMagic? If you never saw the parade when it was running you probably don't know) and the fact that you're referencing its tune is homage enough. (Were you planning on a straight-up recycle of the original instrumental track, or a new arrangement similar to what PTN's doing with Baroque Hoedown?)

This is how I'd revise it if it were up to me:

On this magic night
A Magic Kingdom welcomes us and
Brings our dreams to light
Yesterday, fantasy and tomorrow
Fifty [Many] years so bright,
And every day forevermore
The young-at-heart can light the way!

Maybe the opening float could take cues from the infamous Castle Float (and sparkle from the inside with light!) or simply feature Cinderella Castle itself?

Last edited:

mharrington

I like where your project's headed, @mharrington . I took a look at the lyrics you put up and, while they don't quite follow the meter of the original song I think they're going in the right direction.

Another note: I'm not sure about the lyrics directly containing the word "SpectroMagic". It seems to be put in just for the sake of it without context ( what is SpectroMagic? If you never saw the parade when it was running you probably don't know) and the fact that you're referencing its tune is homage enough. (Were you planning on a straight-up recycle of the original instrumental track, or a new arrangement similar to what PTN's doing with Baroque Hoedown?)

This is how I'd revise it if it were up to me:

On this magic night
A Magic Kingdom opened for us,
Brought our dreams to light
Yesterday, fantasy and tomorrow
Fifty [Many] years so bright,
And every day 'till now and forth
The young-at-heart can light the way!

Maybe the opening float could take cues from the infamous Castle Float (and sparkle from the inside with light!) or simply feature Cinderella Castle itself?

Yes, I saw SpectroMagic, and it was great! More importantly, I like your idea for the lyrics a lot better! Thanks. I had to rack my brain trying to figure out the lyrics. And I was thinking of doing a new arrangement similar to Paint the Night's usage of Baroque Hoedown, not necessarily a lift of the original track.

And I would probably have a Cinderella Castle float, but that would probably come at the end of the parade, not near the beginning.

Also, I'm having difficulty with some of the sections of the parade. The only thing I can think of (and even here, it's not set in stone) are some ideas for the section tracks:

ADVENTURELAND:
--The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
--Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life For Me)

FRONTIERLAND/LIBERTY SQUARE:
--The Ballad of Davy Crockett
--Bear Band Serenade
--Ev'rybody's Got a Laughing Place
--Grim Grinning Ghosts

FANTASYLAND:
--You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!
--The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers
--Under the Sea
--Heigh-Ho
--The Unbirthday Song
--A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes
--It's a Small World (After All)

TOMORROWLAND:
--There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
--If You Had Wings

I also have absolutely nothing for Main Street right now, either. Like I said, any help would be great.

RadiatorSpringsRacer

Having the castle as the finale does make more sense. Go for that. And maybe Main Street should be towards the start, in reference to its place as the de facto opening act of the park. For the music, you could always use a couple of the period songs that play as ambience in that land, or even I'm Walking Right Down The Middle of Main Street USA.

When I said "you" in reference to having seen SpectroMagic before, it was a hypothetical "you" meant to represent any given guest.

JSYK, I changed one small part of my chorus above.

mharrington

Having the castle as the finale does make more sense. Go for that. And maybe Main Street should be towards the start, in reference to its place as the de facto opening act of the park. For the music, you could always use a couple of the period songs that play as ambience in that land, or even I'm Walking Right Down The Middle of Main Street USA.

Well, for Remember Dreams Come True's Main Street segment, they had only two music pieces, the Maple Leaf Rag (performed on piano like what is outside the Coke Corner) and a snippet of the Baroque Hoedown from the Electrical Parade.

Also, Main Street won't be the opening scene in the show, but it will be second after a new opening. As I said before, Jiminy Cricket serves as host as he had done for SpectroMagic, so maybe it could open with him and Tinker Bell somehow.

brb1006

Epcot:

A 40th Anniversary parade similar to "Tapestry of Nations". This time with sections dedicated to countries found in World Showcase. And various Disney characters would be in certain sections depending on the film where their country takes place. Such as Marie,Toulouse,Berlioz, and Ducchess from The Aristocats and Belle and Beast for the France section, and Marry Poppins and the characters from Winnie The Pooh, and Peter Pan and Hook for the London section.

Walt Disney World:
A 50th Anniversary parade in 2021 and a new electrical parade similar to Spectromagic.

Last edited:

brb1006

I really like the idea of having a parade like paint the night but still with respect to the old spectromagic parade.

Ideas:

- Mickey and Minnie on a magical float as hkdl paint the night's last float.
- Casey Junior Train and Pink Elephants on parade floats. ( speciality will be the pink elephants)
- Tangled and at last I see the light ( speciality will be the lanterns and Rapunzel's glowing hair)
- Frozen on a frozen mountain ( speciality will be the snow and the let it go part with elsa showing her powers)
- Pocahontas in the forest( speciality will be the leafs from the colors of the wind song)
- Aladdin and Jasmine flying over Agrabah with Genie( speciality will be Genie and his magic)
- Neverland and Captain Hook's ship( speciality will be the second star to the right, cannons and tinkerbell's powers)
- Snow white and the seven dwarfs mine( speciality will be the diamonds)
- Alice in Wonderland similar to Tokyo's scene but longer and with a giant queen of hearts( happiness is here but then angry) ( speciality will be the cheshire cat, mad tea party smoke and the caterpillar)
-Lion King on mountain( speciality will be the rising sun with the circle of life part)
- Villains' mountain big float with Doctor facilier, the evil queen, Maleficent, Judge claude frollo, Cruella de vil, Jafar, Scar( animatronic puppet), Ursula( animatronic puppet), Gaston, Governor ratcliff, Hades ( Animatronic), Yzma, Mother Gothel, Big bad wolf, shere khan ( animatronic puppet) and Shan yu ( speciality will be when chernabog breaks out of the top of the mountain)
- Princess and the frog in the bayou( speciality will be the fireflies)
- Toy story float with moving parts and the big slinky dog and giant zurg behind it
- Beauty and the beast as very similar as in hkdl but there will be a giant rose and there will be a small float for be our guest( speciality will be the enchanted rose and Belle's dress)
- Brave ( speciality will be the willow the wisps)
- Winnie the pooh( speciality will be the bees and heffalumps and woozles)
- Cars with Mac and moving cars similar to paint the night ( speciality the lights from the cars)
- Big Hero 6 ( speciality will be the powers of the heroes and the attack against Yokai)
- Little Mermaid under the sea party ( speciality will be bubbles and the water)

- end float with elliot and peter waving goodbye ( disappearing and appearing)
I miss the Spectromen so much!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom