Make your own parade!!

Bucfan87

Mine would be in Epcot, though tighter streets (somewhat) there still needs to a parade here. The World Showcase would be the center for it all. Countries would go by the order of which they are at Epcot, wether it be Mexico to England, or England to Mexico. Preferably Mexico toEngland. Each country will have native performers dressed in traditional clothing. Common parading items in home country will showcase throughtime the show.
  • Mexico will have dancers and Marachi bands. The float might include the temple with with Donald etc. Or a Hispanic adobe house with a front porch and dancers and lights.
  • Norway would have Vikings and Viking boats as floats. Battles between Vikings as they pass the streets.Anna and Elsa would be in an Elegant Ice theme float With A reindeer appearing to pull it.
  • China would have the dragons, sparklers, Gymnast, Pulling temples with mule and performers.
  • Germany, would have Nazi's...(I am a awful person) NO, they would have those dance performers, Carriages, accordianes , and I don't know what else. Some else have an idea for Germany?
  • Italy would have Emporers, old Roman performers, A float with a Emperor in a old temple surrounded by old rock, with women fanning him etc. Chefs that look like they are cooking at a fake kitchen float, using over exaggerated motions and being silly by be so crammed together and trying to get around.
  • America would have Old ford cars, Ball Room dancers, floats with presidents, in 17th century buildings.
  • Japan would have Geishas, Drummers, traditional Japanese floats, Floats covered in gardens and flowers.
  • Morocco would have Belly Dancers, The flying carpet and Aladdin and Jasmine.
  • France would have mimes, over dramatic theatre performers, Remi and crew. The Chef float would also work here
  • Canada...Oh Canada, oh Canada, oh what are we going to do with you? Classic tribes, with their awing dances. Moses and soldiers. I know a lot about present day Canada but I can't say I know much about its personal past. I want to stray away from modern day stereotypes.
  • England would have soldiers, Kings, and large Ballgowns and classic music. Any Englanders my add.

Though I know this Idea won't likely happen because Disney would say it would damage the magic of being in a another country. I'd think it'd be cool. I honestly can't come up with good ideas for some of them because a lot has to involve performing and people and not all countries have something that are really distinct in performances or things that can represented quickly by floats. Like Germany here is known for gorgeous villages, churches and beer;). But you can't really just show that, you need performers too, luckily I remembered the polka.

I love this idea. there should be a multicultural parade at EPCOT. The original concept was a permanent worlds fair. An original score could be written and you can have different styles for the floats. All playing the same tune but with influences of traditional music from that region. That could be a really well done and popular attraction in itself.

RadiatorSpringsRacer

Have another float!

b34xMlI.png

pSHOCVz.png

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I had a thread where I described my idea for a parade a few months ago. The original plan (which was insane by many standards) was to have a float for all 54+ animated films from Walt Disney Animation Studios, possibly combining sequels like The Rescuers into one float.

Since then, I've condensed it to be one or two floats for every decade (Snow White goes with the 40s since it's the only one from the 30s). Examples of decades with two floats are the 40s and the 90s due to the sheer volume of movies from those decades. A decade with only one float would be the 60s as only 3 came out that decade.

The first float could be 1937 - 1942, or Snow White to Bambi, the original five. Next is 1943 - 1949, the package era. Next is the 1950s, despite the few films that came out in the decade, it will be split in half because every 1950s Disney film is a major classic. Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty on one float, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and Lady and the Tramp on the other. As mentioned before, the 60s only has one float. The 70s will have The Aristocats and Robin Hood on one float, and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh on the other. 1980s will be split as well. The Fox and the Hound, The Black Cauldron, and The Great Mouse Detective on one Half, Oliver and Company and The Little Mermaid on the other. Then there's the 90s. Each movie will get one, smaller float. For the 2000s, 2000 - 04 (Dinosaur - Home on the Range) on one half to represent the end of the traditional animation era. 2005 - 2009 (Chicken Little - The Princess and the Frog) will be the second half. The 2010s, like the 90s, will have individual, small floats.

I hope I haven't made too much of a mess here.

brb1006

I had a thread where I described my idea for a parade a few months ago. The original plan (which was insane by many standards) was to have a float for all 54+ animated films from Walt Disney Animation Studios, possibly combining sequels like The Rescuers into one float.

Since then, I've condensed it to be one or two floats for every decade (Snow White goes with the 40s since it's the only one from the 30s). Examples of decades with two floats are the 40s and the 90s due to the sheer volume of movies from those decades. A decade with only one float would be the 60s as only 3 came out that decade.

The first float could be 1937 - 1942, or Snow White to Bambi, the original five. Next is 1943 - 1949, the package era. Next is the 1950s, despite the few films that came out in the decade, it will be split in half because every 1950s Disney film is a major classic. Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty on one float, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and Lady and the Tramp on the other. As mentioned before, the 60s only has one float. The 70s will have The Aristocats and Robin Hood on one float, and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh on the other. 1980s will be split as well. The Fox and the Hound, The Black Cauldron, and The Great Mouse Detective on one Half, Oliver and Company and The Little Mermaid on the other. Then there's the 90s. Each movie will get one, smaller float. For the 2000s, 2000 - 04 (Dinosaur - Home on the Range) on one half to represent the end of the traditional animation era. 2005 - 2009 (Chicken Little - The Princess and the Frog) will be the second half. The 2010s, like the 90s, will have individual, small floats.

I hope I haven't made too much of a mess here.
This actually would be the perfect type of parade WDW and Disneyland did when ever the park celebrated a big milestone during the 70's and 80's. I hope for WDW's 50th Anniversary they might think of creating a new daytime parade. In fact this idea reminds me of Share A Dream Come True Parade minus the snowglobes.

I can also picture this type of parade being shown at Tokyo Disneyland and Shanghai Disney Resort in the future. Since Tokyo Disneyland had alot of floats and are HUGE compared to the other parades you see in a typical Disney Theme Park.

I'm also picturing The Aristocats float based on the "Scales And Arpeggios" song complete with a giant piano with Berlioz playing on the piano while Marie is sitting or standing on top of the Piano. While Toulouse can be seen painting with his paint brush and Duchess singing with her kittens and chatting with the guests. While behind the piano has Thomas O'Malley and Roquefort.

Last edited:

brb1006

If Zootopia gained it's own parade at HS. I would imagine the parade to start with some of the animals from DMV, then features a second float would featured Fennec and Nick Wilde, and the last float would feature Judy Hopps. Set to "Try Everything" with a similar approach to the Toy Story Parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom