New Coaster

Voxel

President of Progress City
I dropped this into the Spirited thread, but figured it should also be over here...

New coaster coming. Big. In the Sharks/Kracken area.
I really hope this is not a clone of the new Busch Gardens Coaster in Williamsburg. I have a feeling it is.

I went to Carowinds last week. The new coaster (Fury 325) is awesome! It's so smooth and well designed. Lots of good zero-g spots throughout. That'd be great if SeaWorld got something like that.

919Florida

I dropped this into the Spirited thread, but figured it should also be over here...

New coaster coming. Big. In the Sharks/Kracken area.
I have heard sharks is closing for a refurbishment very soon. The entire sharks complex. Is this going to be replacing the entire sharks complex or is it going behind it etc? Where have you heard about this? Maybe it will be shark themed and have underwater viewing areas thru shark tanks etc?

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
I have heard sharks is closing for a refurbishment very soon. The entire sharks complex. Is this going to be replacing the entire sharks complex or is it going behind it etc? Where have you heard about this? Maybe it will be shark themed and have underwater viewing areas thru shark tanks etc?
The coaster doesn't replace the shark building. It's going in behind it.

I expect a shark name, but I doubt any serious theming.

919Florida

Thanks for the information Lee. Have you heard any time frames to when construction could start or just the general rumour right now?

michmousefan

Nope.
MUCH bigger. More like Carrowinds...
Yes, being able to market the "tallest/fastest coaster in Florida" or perhaps even the Southeast, would be a nice feather in their cap. Until, of course that giant Polercoaster thing is built on I-Drive. I suppose that's still an "if."

lazyboy97o

Yes, being able to market the "tallest/fastest coaster in Florida" or perhaps even the Southeast, would be a nice feather in their cap. Until, of course that giant Polercoaster thing is built on I-Drive. I suppose that's still an "if."
If the Polercoasteg is built then you just add in "freestanding" and it all stays the same. Sort of like how Falcon's Fury is the world's tallest freestanding drop ride.

Disneyhead'71

Awesome! SEA's already got three great rides. With a fourth it moves close to being a full ride park, prepared to eventually move away from reliance on live animal shows.
While a flaming liberal, I am sad to see SeaWorld get out of the animal business. They do a tremendous amount of good work rehabing a plethora of species.

The local beach patrol can deliver the injured manatees and oil soaked water foul to PETA's front door from now on.

Voxel

President of Progress City
While a flaming liberal, I am sad to see SeaWorld get out of the animal business. They do a tremendous amount of good work rehabing a plethora of species.

The local beach patrol can deliver the injured manatees and oil soaked water foul to PETA's front door from now on.
They would doing the Manatee a favor by leaving it on the beach rather then giving it to PETA, better chance of survival ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom