Citizens of Hollywood? Who? Where? When?

mergatroid

Thread bump to bring you an updated CoH report from our trip last week.

We were in DHS two days (the 7th and the 9th) and during that time we caught several CoH/HPW appearances, including:
  • Cavalcade of Stars (at 10:30am on the 7th, at the usual spot near the hat...even though there were construction walls around it). This set included Ben Appetite, Stone Granite, Bo Wrangler, Evie Starlight, Paige Turner, Dorma Nesmond, Officer WIlliam Club, Daley Reels (dressed as a director instead of in a lab coat, oddly enough...it was hard to say if he has a new "friend" or not), and Oscar Meyer Weiner.
  • We caught the tail-end of a HPW appearance on Sunset Blvd on the 7th. The guys did little more than talk to the crowd and spent a great deal of time poking fun at the fact that I was video-recording them. The boss even took my camera and video'd us for awhile.
  • We saw Jack Diamond setting up to do some card and coin tricks on the 9th, but at the same time we also saw Officer Peabody giving Bo Wrangler a driving test.
  • We caught the end of another HPW show again on the 9th, but this time the boss looked a lot like Sparky...Very unusual.
  • We saw Officer Peabody and Dorma Nesmond driving around Sunset Blvd on the 9th talking to people. Dorma even took an opportunity to ham it up for my video camera.
  • Once again on the 9th, we saw the HPW guys (with boss Sparky) doing the bucket game bit. My girls were lucky enough (for the second time) to be part of the show.
  • We saw Betty Shambles and Mayor Sonny Burbank (Shelby Mayer's clothes with Ace Victory's "friend") doing the "We sing what we see" bit. They had a HUGE crowd around them, so it was kinda hard to make out what it was that they were singing about.
  • Finally, we saw the funniest citizen show on the 9th, including Jack Diamond, Officer Peabody, Betty Shambles, Paige Turner, Bo Wrangler, Officer Friskum, and Mayor Sonny Burbank as the host.
I got *most* of this on video and intend to post it once I have time to go through it all. I'll post links here if anyone wants them.

Thanks for that.

A quick question though. I saw a video the other day taken recently and Evie Starlight sounded a bit different, has the actress 'Jamie-Lyn Hawkins' been replaced or have a stand in? Or maybe her voice was a bit tired?

habuma

Original Poster
Thanks for that.

A quick question though. I saw a video the other day taken recently and Evie Starlight sounded a bit different, has the actress 'Jamie-Lyn Hawkins' been replaced or have a stand in? Or maybe her voice was a bit tired?

It was definitely the same Evie I've always seen. I suppose she may have had a stand-in on the day that video was shot, but AFAIK they usually don't do stand-ins like that.

halltd

I know this thread is kind of old, but I didn't want to create an entirely new one.

During my trips to DHS, I always try to catch the various "streetmosphere" acts like Citizens of Hollywood. Since I really only hit up the Studios for Toy Story and Tower of Terror, I love just wandering around to find the various performers. My family even sticks around to watch them now they're so funny!

On my last couple of trips, my favorite has been the "99 somethings walk into a bar". Bo Wrangler (is he still around), Dorma Nesmond, and Officer Pat Friskem are my favorites.

Anyone else love the CoH and have some links to really good videos of them? Any other favorite actors?

mergatroid

I know this thread is kind of old, but I didn't want to create an entirely new one.

During my trips to DHS, I always try to catch the various "streetmosphere" acts like Citizens of Hollywood. Since I really only hit up the Studios for Toy Story and Tower of Terror, I love just wandering around to find the various performers. My family even sticks around to watch them now they're so funny!

On my last couple of trips, my favorite has been the "99 somethings walk into a bar". Bo Wrangler (is he still around), Dorma Nesmond, and Officer Pat Friskem are my favorites.

Anyone else love the CoH and have some links to really good videos of them? Any other favorite actors?

This is one of my favourites featuring the quite delightful Evie Starlight :)

And this matchmaking one never gets old :cool:

habuma

Original Poster
As promised earlier in this thread, here are a couple of the videos I got of the CoH during our January trip. I've still got a few more staged to push to YouTube, but it may be a few more days before they go. In the meantime, enjoy these.

habuma

Original Poster
Thank you so much for these! Bo is my favorite!

You're quite welcome. I can't say that Bo is my favorite (I'm a bigger fan of Officer Peabody, Jack Diamond, Paige Turner, and Evie Starlight). But if Bo and Dorma are among your favorites, you'll want to check out the new videos I just posted...

mergatroid

Anyone know where the COH spend their time in between shows? I'm sure they have a place backstage but just wondered what it's like, hi tech, full of mod cons like tv's and a pool table or just a shabby room that they make do with?

mergatroid

This was filmed 6 years ago and has Evie Starlight, Mimmi/ Betty Shambles and others out of character playing tourists by the look of it. This part is around the 5 minute mark.

BigRedDad

I love the CoH when they were just out randomly. The one time I didn't have my camera and my DD may have been 4. The rest of the family was getting off ToT. DD and I had walked up the street to look around. DD saw Daisy Day on the ground. She thought it was a park guest, walked over, and tried to help her up.Right in character, Daisy Day asked her to sit with her on the little blanket and the two of them just chatted for about 5 minutes. Having the best of times and turning it into a huge production.

Our plan on this next trip is to see as many of them as we can. We are there for 14 days so we should get a lot done in that time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom