A-E TICKET ATTRACTIONS

mickeypaparazis

Original Poster
Hello all,
It's been a while since I have been on the forums. But I have a question for anyone, I'm trying to find a list or what I can find about what attractions are under what tickets (A-E)? Also I'm only looking at attractions in the magic kingdom, and all attractions new and old?

Thankfully,
A simple man who had the pleasure of having a mouse as a boss for a short while.
#livedmymagicaldream

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Only the MK (and Disneyland) had A-E ranking. They began to be phased out in 1980 and were gone by October 1982.

A
Omnibus
Horse drawn vehicles
Carousel
Main St Vehicles

B
Main St Cinema
Dumbo
Mad Tea Party
Keel Boats

C
Raceway
Peter Pan
Snow White
Mr Toad
Explorer Canoes
Treehouse

D
Railroad
Skyway
Mission to Mars
Mickey Mouse Review
Fowler/Potter
Tropical Serenade
Star Jets
WEDway (later demoted to C)

E
It's a Small World
Country Bears
Jungle Cruise
Hall of Presidents
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean
Big Thundermountain
Space Mountain

Carousel of Progress, If You Had Wings and Circlevision were complimentary.

Last edited:

Donfan

Only the MK (and Disneyland) had A-E ranking. They began to be phased out in 1980 and were gone by October 1982.

A
Omnibus
Horse drawn vehicles
Carousel
Main St Vehicles

B
Main St Cinema
Dumbo
Mad Tea Party
Keel Boats

C
Raceway
Peter Pan
Snow White
Mr Toad
Explorer Canoes
Treehouse

D
Railroad
Skyway
Mission to Mars
Mickey Mouse Review
Fowler/Potter
Tropical Serenade
Star Jets

E
It's a Small World
Country Bears
Jungle Cruise
Hall of Presidents
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean
Big Thundermountain
Space Mountain

Great list, Martin. Too bad so many of them are now gone and have not been replaced.

Goofyernmost

Which is why the continued insistent use of the E-ticket moniker, is such a waste of time. They obviously had a formula for determining that identity back in the day and from everything I have seen it is a far cry from what is now being used by fans to identify E's from all others. There has been no such animal as a E-ticket since 1982 so it is whatever you decide it is. There is no right or wrong, just opinion. I, personally, base it on popularity or, in other words, the ones that most of the people want to see, to what would be today's e-ticket. My choices would be TT, Soarin and soon to be Frozen in Epcot. Everest in DAK. TSM, ToT and RcRC (along with the current destruction of the BAH) in DHS. In MK there would be Jungle Cruise, PoTC, Splash Mtn, BTMR, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan and 7DMT. I'm sure many will disagree with my assessment, but, like I said it is all a matter of opinion at this point, so they are right and so am I. I didn't even base it on what I like the most, just what has the longest line and the largest demand. Neat, isn't it?:)

Donfan

As I recall, back shortly after Disneyland opened, it seemed to me that the A - E ranking might have had something to do with how much the rides cost the company to build. The bigger the ride, the more it cost to ride it.

mickeypaparazis

Original Poster

A
Omnibus
Horse drawn vehicles
Carousel
Main St Vehicles

B
Main St Cinema
Dumbo
Mad Tea Party
Keel Boats

C
Raceway
Peter Pan
Snow White
Mr Toad
Explorer Canoes
Treehouse

D
Railroad
Skyway
Mission to Mars
Mickey Mouse Review
Fowler/Potter
Tropical Serenade
Star Jets

E
It's a Small World
Country Bears
Jungle Cruise
Hall of Presidents
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean
Big Thundermountain
Space Mountain

Thank you Marni1971

lazyboy97o

Oh wow.. Dumbo only a B... thats nuts, that ride always has a long wait.
And IASM has a lesser wait than Dumbo now. Crazzyyyyyy
Wait times are heavily impacted by capacity. "it's a small world" falls into the "people eater" category.

Which is why the continued insistent use of the E-ticket moniker, is such a waste of time. They obviously had a formula for determining that identity back in the day and from everything I have seen it is a far cry from what is now being used by fans to identify E's from all others. There has been no such animal as a E-ticket since 1982 so it is whatever you decide it is. There is no right or wrong, just opinion. I, personally, base it on popularity or, in other words, the ones that most of the people want to see, to what would be today's e-ticket. My choices would be TT, Soarin and soon to be Frozen in Epcot. Everest in DAK. TSM, ToT and RcRC (along with the current destruction of the BAH) in DHS. In MK there would be Jungle Cruise, PoTC, Splash Mtn, BTMR, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan and 7DMT. I'm sure many will disagree with my assessment, but, like I said it is all a matter of opinion at this point, so they are right and so am I. I didn't even base it on what I like the most, just what has the longest line and the largest demand. Neat, isn't it?:)
The terms are still used internally and across the industry, so it is not just whatever each person says.

Goofyernmost

The terms are still used internally and across the industry, so it is not just whatever each person says.
As you said, they are used internally, just like they are constantly being thrown about on the boards. That doesn't mean that publicly they are acknowledged as such or that they tell us what reason they have for their internal determinations. So for us to be saying it, is strictly opinion and even their internal use is more then likely opinion as well and not measured by any published standard. Just what they think it might be.

lazyboy97o

As you said, they are used internally, just like they are constantly being thrown about on the boards. That doesn't mean that publicly they are acknowledged as such or that they tell us what reason they have for their internal determinations. So for us to be saying it, is strictly opinion and even their internal use is more then likely opinion as well and not measured by any published standard. Just what they think it might be.
In plenty of cases the designation is reflected in advertising.

Nick Wilde

Tickets were a pain. Also it let people come and just hang out at MK so I'm sure it was in Disney's interest to go with one price for all. I think Epcot should be that way. If you want to ride rides one price if not it's free to get into the world showcase. The way it is now Epcot basically just has a huge cover charge to go eat and drink there. That's not going to happen but???
There was still a base price to get into the park. You couldn't just walk in and not ride anything. So the "letting people hang out" isn't relative. But I'd love to get into the parks just for the ambiance of it all, and for shopping and dining, like you said.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was looking at images of old tickets on the internet and thought to compile... a chart! Some of the rides changed level over times, some changed several times. A few seems to me were downgraded simply because they became older and were outshone by new attractions. One seemed to jump up the scales simply because of how low the ride's capacity was and they wanted to limit guests. The online record is incomplete year-to-year, but I believe I have enough data. The list indicates where the ride started and changes in tiers over time. I started the year after the E-Ticket was first introduced. I ignored one-year changes in level...

A
  • Main Street Vehicles
  • 20,000 Leagues Exhibit
  • Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-thru
  • Carrousel

B > A
  • Main Street Cinema

B
  • Art of Animation Exhibit
  • Casey Jr. Circus Train
  • Motor Boat Cruise

B > C > B
  • Fantasyland Theater

B > C > D
  • Astro-Jet / Star Jets

C > B
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Dumbo Flying Elephant
  • Shooting Gallery

C > B > C > B
  • Mike Fink Keel Boats
  • Swiss Family Tree House

C
  • Autopia/Speedway
  • Adventure Through Inner Space
  • Conestoga Wagons

C > D > C
  • Canoes

C > D
  • Rocket to the Moon/Mission to Mars

D > C > B
  • Alice in Wonderland

D > C
  • Peter Pan Flight
  • Snow White’s Adventures
  • Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride

D
  • Skyway
  • People Mover
  • Storybook Land Canals
  • Steamboat
  • Sailing Ship Columbia
  • Tom Sawyer Island Rafts

E > C
  • Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

E > D > C
  • Steam Train

E > D
  • Mickey Mouse Review
  • Enchanted Tiki Room

E > D > E > D
  • Mine Train (Rainbow Ridge/Nature’s Wonderland)

E
  • Monorail
  • Submarine Voyage
  • 20,000 Leagues
  • Space Mountain
  • Flying Saucers
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • It’s a Small World
  • Pack Mule
  • Big Thunder Mt. Railroad
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Hall of Presidents
  • Jungle Cruise

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
I was looking at images of old tickets on the internet and thought to compile... a chart! Some of the rides changed level over times, some changed several times. A few seems to me were downgraded simply because they became older and were outshone by new attractions. One seemed to jump up the scales simply because of how low the ride's capacity was and they wanted to limit guests. The online record is incomplete year-to-year, but I believe I have enough data. The list indicates where the ride started and changes in tiers over time. I started the year after the E-Ticket was first introduced. I ignored one-year changes in level...

A
  • Main Street Vehicles
  • 20,000 Leagues Exhibit
  • Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-thru
  • Carrousel

B > A
  • Main Street Cinema

B
  • Art of Animation Exhibit
  • Casey Jr. Circus Train
  • Motor Boat Cruise

B > C > B
  • Fantasyland Theater

B > C > D
  • Astro-Jet / Star Jets

C > B
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Dumbo Flying Elephant
  • Shooting Gallery

C > B > C > B
  • Mike Fink Keel Boats
  • Swiss Family Tree House

C
  • Autopia/Speedway
  • Adventure Through Inner Space
  • Conestoga Wagons

C > D > C
  • Canoes

C > D
  • Rocket to the Moon/Mission to Mars

D > C > B
  • Alice in Wonderland

D > C
  • Peter Pan Flight
  • Snow White’s Adventures
  • Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride

D
  • Skyway
  • People Mover
  • Storybook Land Canals
  • Steamboat
  • Sailing Ship Columbia
  • Tom Sawyer Island Rafts

E > C
  • Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

E > D > C
  • Steam Train

E > D
  • Mickey Mouse Review
  • Enchanted Tiki Room

E > D > E > D
  • Mine Train (Rainbow Ridge/Nature’s Wonderland)

E
  • Monorail
  • Submarine Voyage
  • 20,000 Leagues
  • Space Mountain
  • Flying Saucers
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • It’s a Small World
  • Pack Mule
  • Big Thunder Mt. Railroad
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Hall of Presidents
  • Jungle Cruise

So the current FP+ tiers are a simplified version of the A-E ticket rankings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom