WDW Ticket Prices

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
As much as I love Disney, you have to understand they are a business (quite a lucrative one at that) so yes the street is most likely #1 to them, just like any public company. That doesn't stop me from going to places like Target or Home Depot just because the street is #1. I try my best to totally forget that fact as soon as I pass the gates and just enjoy Disney for what it is... for me its the escape from all the garbage going on around us.

My issue is as a long term WDW customer (more years than I care to admit to), WDW is simply not as GOOD as it once was and with MM+ and insane restaurant pricing and 6 month ADR's It's simply NOT the immersive experience it once was - If you were there in the 80's and 90's it was a far more magical place.

The sad thing is before WDW was run as a 'Business' the ROI was better than it is today. UNI who is learning how to run parks like WDW was run in it's heyday is now showing superior financial results compared to WDW, Interesting...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I found this to be such a good value, I bought 15. Our typical day involves 3 visits to each theme park, 6 visits to DQ and we hit up each water park 2-5 times (need to have some flexibility here for relaxation).

Now is that 3 DQ visits for ice cream and 3 for chili dogs or do you buy both at the same time...

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Now is that 3 DQ visits for ice cream and 3 for chili dogs or do you buy both at the same time...

Both and at the same time with DQ's under rated fries. I noticed that DQ doesn't seem to care about my ticket even though it sounds like I would need something to get in based on all the posts I have read over the years.

Last edited:

Ray B

This happened in Feb of 2014, so yes.

Just called Disney and they said that you can still but no expiration tickets over the phone or in person but they can't be purchased online. The price including tax for the 10 day ticket is almost $74/day. Not much cheaper than the 4 day pass but you lock in the price for several years.

If you go every year but only go to the parks 3-4 days or less it probably makes sense to get the 10 day. If you go more days per trips, especially if you go 6 or more days, it probably makes sense to just but the tickets each time you go.

Brian Noble

Would love to know ahead of time if they plan on doing away with no expiration so I can get a couple of 10 day passes. The price difference would be pretty dramatic for me. 2 - 10 day adult tickets (20 days total) without any extras would cost $708 at current prices. 5 - 4 day tickets (also 20 days) would be $1470. So for 3 people in my family it would cost an extra $2286. That's crazy and would definitely influence how often and for how many days I went to Disney.

I'm not sure where you are getting any of these prices. If you are buying from Disney (http://www.mousesavers.com/disney-world-magic-your-way-ticket-price-chart/), two 10-day non-expiring base tickets would be $739.11 each, or a total of $1,478.22. A 4-day expiring base ticket costs $313.11, and five of those would cost $1,565.55. The difference is less than $90 per person. If you are buying from Undercover Tourist with the MouseSavers discount, the deal is a little better: 10 day NE are $709.68 each, total of $1,419.36, and 4 day base* are $308.99; five of those is $1,544.95---a difference of about $125 per person.

*: Technically, those are 5-day base tickets, because UCT doesn't sell four-day tickets right now. If you buy a four-day from them, you get a fifth day free.

Ray B

I'm not sure where you are getting any of these prices. If you are buying from Disney (http://www.mousesavers.com/disney-world-magic-your-way-ticket-price-chart/), two 10-day non-expiring base tickets would be $739.11 each, or a total of $1,478.22. A 4-day expiring base ticket costs $313.11, and five of those would cost $1,565.55. The difference is less than $90 per person. If you are buying from Undercover Tourist with the MouseSavers discount, the deal is a little better: 10 day NE are $709.68 each, total of $1,419.36, and 4 day base* are $308.99; five of those is $1,544.95---a difference of about $125 per person.

*: Technically, those are 5-day base tickets, because UCT doesn't sell four-day tickets right now. If you buy a four-day from them, you get a fifth day free.

The problem is my extremely shoddy math. I was looking at the 10 day pass not the non-expiring 10 day. Very poor on my part. Sorry.

Going to delete my original post so as not to confuse anyone reading it now.

Last edited:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Disney usually has TWO price increases, One in each half of the fiscal year to bump up the numbers for the 'Street

They do average more than one a year, but it is closer to one than 2. Just adding up the total number of price increases by month at the top of the page, I got 56 increases in 44 years. I did this in my head and didn't double check, but there it is. 1976 and 77 had no increase, but they do note in 77 all the other tickets went up. I think ticket books went away completely around 80, 82 something like that....So, I'd say starting in 83 or so you can really start looking at admission prices as an apples to apples type thing. Recently, one day prices have been going up much faster than incomes have been increasing, but it clear they want you to buy multi-day tickets, so apples to apples pricing becomes hard to compare again.

jakeman

They do average more than one a year, but it is closer to one than 2. Just adding up the total number of price increases by month at the top of the page, I got 56 increases in 44 years. I did this in my head and didn't double check, but there it is. 1976 and 77 had no increase, but they do note in 77 all the other tickets went up. I think ticket books went away completely around 80, 82 something like that....So, I'd say starting in 83 or so you can really start looking at admission prices as an apples to apples type thing. Recently, one day prices have been going up much faster than incomes have been increasing, but it clear they want you to buy multi-day tickets, so apples to apples pricing becomes hard to compare again.
Average over a period time being close to 1.0 as opposed to 2.0, but a set increase in each half of the fiscal year, they do not.

I agree it's getting hard compare year over year what an average day at the parks cost. While they are obviously conscience about crossing triple digits; they are pricing that 1 day ticket to somewhat discourage it's purchase.

CJR

Just to toss it out there, it's not really "that time of year". Disney raises prices whenever they feel like it. I've seen price increases in many different months. It's just getting close to a year from when they last increased ticket prices. Given the heavy attendance, even in January, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go up any moment though.

raven

Here is the issue with diminishing the non-expiring tickets.

In the 90's I used to come to WDW once per year, by myself. At the end of each vacation I would buy a hopper-pass for the next year as an incentive for myself to return. The tickets would be at the current price and were non-expiration so I could get them before prices went up and would still be able to use them when I came back in a year.

Taking away the non-expiration option now forces the people to rethink if they were planning AHEAD. If they purchase them now for a year later (like many people do) they will have to pay an additional fee once they arrive.

At least with the non-expiration tickets Disney already has their money. Taking that option away could possibly cause guests to rethink their vacations.

Just another I-Want-It-All decision from TDO if you ask me. :cautious:

ParentsOf4

Yeah, you've got to be full of hate if you don't absolutely love this. :D

MHI.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom