Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Prince Thomas

Well, this thread is quickly approaching its one year anniversary and you can argue (quite successfully) that there hasn't been much to show for the pace of this project thus far. If I were you, I would have the expectation that the Hub area will look in worse shape than it currently does now. Refurb on the Castle side of the street will be underway by then with the show stage and lighting rigs/turrets. The permits run through towards the end of the year.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

This project is a mess and it will continue to be so as the pace hasn't been frantic. Remember the axiom for project management: Quality/Fast/Cheap - you can only pick two of those three. Guess which one was TDO's first choice?
Not the bearer of bad news...i appreciate the honesty so thank u! and yea, it looks just as bad/messy since my last visit in August. Just hoping to get some nice pix of me and the fam without too much clutter around.
that being said....i do love what they are doing with the hub!

Prince Thomas

The section closest to Main Street should be done or almost done by then since they have announced that the Fastpass+ viewing areas there will be open last week of February. As for the rest of the hub I would expect a lot of construction to be going on at that point.
Thank u too!!!! The hub is one of my fave areas for pix

amy_

I'll be there from 5th-19th May and I can't say I'm looking forward to seeing the state MK will be in :( My first visit was last May and the walls towards Main Street didn't bother me so much but it's looking like such a mess at the moment. I know they're trying to improve things but I'd be rather annoyed if I was there for my "once in a lifetime" visit right now.

Prince Thomas

I'll be there from 5th-19th May and I can't say I'm looking forward to seeing the state MK will be in :( My first visit was last May and the walls towards Main Street didn't bother me so much but it's looking like such a mess at the moment. I know they're trying to improve things but I'd be rather annoyed if I was there for my "once in a lifetime" visit right now.
maybe by may it will look alot better

psherman42

I'm trying to plan a trip in late April and I really hope most of this is complete by then. It looks like a nightmare.

On an unrelated note, I've seen a couple pictures of a wall up in front of the Main Street train station. Does anyone have any idea what that's about?

donsullivan

Premium Member
I'm trying to plan a trip in late April and I really hope most of this is complete by then. It looks like a nightmare.

On an unrelated note, I've seen a couple pictures of a wall up in front of the Main Street train station. Does anyone have any idea what that's about?

I've heard reports that the construction wall in front of train station is to put a railing on top of the wall to stop guests from climbing up there and putting there kids up there for photos. If you've been to Disneyland, they have a similar railing for the same reason.

hpyhnt 1000

It's certainly a jarring mess right now, but I agree with @articos - should look really nice when it is done.

carp.. the castle area looks awful right now D:

Honestly, the Hub has looked lousy ever since it was redone circa 2005, made all the worse with the continued tree removals of the 2010's. This new design can only be an improvement.

hpyhnt 1000

I find it upsetting that the permits refer to a "Cinderella's Castle."

Even Disney themselves can't get the name right. :(

I believe those are filed by the contractor/construction company, not Disney. Its amazing how many typos or misspellings or just plain incorrect information there can be on permits, Disney or not.

RAXIP

hub trees.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom