PHOTOS - New character MagicBands for 2015 to go on sale later this month

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I think Walt Disney World is going to pay for the whole FP+ system with just sealing additional Magic Bands. I just wish they would come with a slide on watch so I could keep take of the time till my next FP+ window opens.

dreamfinder

Does anyone know if the new 2015 Mickey Magic band is available to buy online anywhere?, or is it just available at the parks?

I believe the original DPB post said that they were not currently listed online, but may be in the future. Alternately you should be able to call the Merchandise Hot Line and have them sell it to you. I believe the characters bands can now be sold w/o being linked, not sure about any LE ones though.

petersenjp

There are a couple sites out there, most likely not liked with Disney, that are selling the 2015 and some LR bands(unlinked). Yes, the prices are at a premium.

Kaznagan

i would love one of those personalised bands. I'll be arriving in Sept from australia. I know i can personalise the bands with what colour i want. i think i need to work out how i can get one of these character ones before i go, i have a feeling that wont happen so i may just have to wait till i arrive.
x K

dreamfinder

i would love one of those personalised bands. I'll be arriving in Sept from australia. I know i can personalise the bands with what colour i want. i think i need to work out how i can get one of these character ones before i go, i have a feeling that wont happen so i may just have to wait till i arrive.
x K

More than likely getting a band to Australia would be cost prohibitive. The Merchandise Hot Line may be able to sell you one over the phone if they don't get added to the Disney Store online, but it looks like shipping would be $10 or more (see here -> http://www.allears.net/tp/mailorder.htm/) If you are staying on property the plain bands are free, so there is no harm in starting with the plain colored ones, and then buying a character one your first day and having them link it to your account right then and there. Save yourself the shipping cost unless you absolutely must have it before hand.

Kaznagan

More than likely getting a band to Australia would be cost prohibitive. The Merchandise Hot Line may be able to sell you one over the phone if they don't get added to the Disney Store online, but it looks like shipping would be $10 or more (see here -> http://www.allears.net/tp/mailorder.htm/) If you are staying on property the plain bands are free, so there is no harm in starting with the plain colored ones, and then buying a character one your first day and having them link it to your account right then and there. Save yourself the shipping cost unless you absolutely must have it before hand.

i have a friend who is arriving to disney world before I do, so if Im really desperate I'll ask her to get me one, otherwise I'll wait till I get to there to pick one. It just means I get two im not complaining at all.

I thought I was clued in when it came to disney but coming on here.... I'm definitely not that's for sure but it's fun learning all theses new things.

dreamfinder

i have a friend who is arriving to disney world before I do, so if Im really desperate I'll ask her to get me one, otherwise I'll wait till I get to there to pick one. It just means I get two im not complaining at all.

If you are staying on property as of now, you get that plain band whether you want it or not. You can refuse it at the desk and they will "recycle" it for you, but no real harm in having multiples. There are people who have every color offered and then some from taking multiple trips. You can have multiple bands active on your account at once and switch between them as you wish. Color coordinate with your outfit or mood type of deal.

Kaznagan

If you are staying on property as of now, you get that plain band whether you want it or not. You can refuse it at the desk and they will "recycle" it for you, but no real harm in having multiples. There are people who have every color offered and then some from taking multiple trips. You can have multiple bands active on your account at once and switch between them as you wish. Color coordinate with your outfit or mood type of deal.

I'm excited to get the 'personalised' one with your name on it, but knowing me by the end of the trip I'll have lots of them. Mix and match sounds like fun!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm excited to get the 'personalised' one with your name on it, but knowing me by the end of the trip I'll have lots of them. Mix and match sounds like fun!
Just so you know, your name will be on the inside of the band so it cannot be seen while being worn.

Kaznagan

Just so you know, your name will be on the inside of the band so it cannot be seen while being worn.

That's what I thought but it's still brings a smile to my face cause I am one of those people that have a random spelling of my name - Karlie - so if I get something with my name on km going to be pretty excited!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
That's what I thought but it's still brings a smile to my face cause I am one of those people that have a random spelling of my name - Karlie - so if I get something with my name on km going to be pretty excited!
Are you staying at a Disney resort? That is the only way to get a band with your name inside.

Kaznagan

Are you staying at a Disney resort? That is the only way to get a band with your name inside.

We're staying at the all stars movie resort - we requested mighty ducks rooms due to that being one of my favourite movies growing up! Sadly I don't think its the bed location in the resort but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to take

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We're staying at the all stars movie resort - we requested mighty ducks rooms due to that being one of my favourite movies growing up! Sadly I don't think its the bed location in the resort but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to take
Mighty Ducks is a fine location! I have stayed there and liked the Mighty Ducks pool better than the main Fantasia pool, as it wasn't as crowded. Plus, it is a quick walk from Mighty Ducks over to All Star Music if you want to visit their food court or bar or even catch a park bus ~ since Music is picked up before Movies, you have a better chance of getting a seat!

Kaznagan

Mighty Ducks is a fine location! I have stayed there and liked the Mighty Ducks pool better than the main Fantasia pool, as it wasn't as crowded. Plus, it is a quick walk from Mighty Ducks over to All Star Music if you want to visit their food court or bar or even catch a park bus ~ since Music is picked up before Movies, you have a better chance of getting a seat!

Thank you for that bit of advice! That's going in the planning book for safe keeping. I'm looking forward to it. My first time to Disney World! I can't wait!

Marmie01

We are coming for a visit in June and have the Magic bands on order through our resort. My question is this - if we find some of these Magic bands in the park that we want to get how easy are they to link to our account?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom