The Little Mermaid needs bubbles in some of the rooms

SKYWAY 4 ME

Original Poster
Hey Guys

I noticed that riding this a few times , there are some things that need addressing !

Bubbles and Bubbles not enough to get us wet , But SOME !!! , some real water flow and sound throughout . I also like to see real water in the kissing room also

Thoughts
It just seems they cheated on this ride a bit
as previously said in other Topics

Cmon now guys ??? Step and get these ideas going and fix the issues . I think attendance showing reflects these problems
J

Tom

Beta Return
Water does a number on animatronics and other electronics, which is why Splash has so many issues. Adding real water to any of the show scenes would just cause more things to break.

Bubbles would be a nice add, like when you're descending into the sea, but how often don't they work at Muppets? And the residue becomes an issue as well.

While I agree they could have spent a few more dollars on the ride itself, I don't think water elements would be the right thing.

flyerjab

I still think that the kissing scene in the boat should have real water elements in it…IMO.

Also, isn't this ride scheduled for a refurb soon? Haven't some posters speculated that the plussing that occurred in the DCA version might be happening during that refurb?

sponono88

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that King Triton has realistic looking hair and beard while all of the other characters have typical cartoony plastic hair? It seems incredibly out of place and it drives me crazy.

This is something that was addressed at DCA when they updated the ride back in May. The AAs that are "under the sea" have the same plastic hair, but the figures that are out of the water now have wigs with real hair, similar to King Triton.

i-tSwXBbL-L.png

http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2014/05/its-so-hot-out-at-disneyland-resort.html

mikenatcity1

This is something that was addressed at DCA when they updated the ride back in May. The AAs that are "under the sea" have the same plastic hair, but the figures that are out of the water now have wigs with real hair, similar to King Triton.

i-tSwXBbL-L.png

http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2014/05/its-so-hot-out-at-disneyland-resort.html

I just rode the DCA version for the first time since it's refurb- the elements added are so much better! We noticed the hair in that specific scene and didn't know if we had missed it in WDW or if it was changed. Thanks for the info!

Kman101

I think I recall WDW1974 suggesting we wouldn't see the upgrades to 2015. I'd hope that's what we get but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't. Although Under the Sea really really really needs that update. He also suggested we'd see the Big Thunder upgrade too.

harryk

Found the whole ride to be very disappointing. After all the years that it has taken to open this ride, and the skill of the staffs at WDW, I expected a very fluid ride with exceptional AAs. This ride really looks plastic with no realism -- I thought I was going through a carnival shooting gallery with the rotating targets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom