The Amazing Race 25

DinoInstitute

Is it just me or does he have crazy eyes?

pDaY3.AuSt.74.jpeg
Oh, its not just your. Especially when he's just staring off into space...oh my, that's scary.

GenerationX

We also think he has crazy eyes. My wife thinks he has bad hair plugs, too. He's definitely the villain of this show. I got the distinct impression that he's "let" Misti do the last two Roadblocks so that they can get her allotment of Roadblocks out of the way while they still have the Save. I could be wrong.

That last sentence of mine is something you'll never hear him say.

DinoInstitute

I never really posted my thoughts on last Fridays episode.
It kind of faded away from my memory, but I have a few key thoughts/points to share.

First, I will miss Shelly and Nici. They weren't a perfect team by any means, but they were outstanding television.:p I just felt though that they had this whole story arc being built up to them, and then here we go with a very anti-climactic exit by getting lost. Probably the worst way to go out.

Secondly...What is this?! This isn't Wednesday, why do I feel like I'm watching Survivor?!

This season as been great so far with challenges and especially cast, really one of the best seasons in a long time many TAR fans agree. But I had this feeling slightly before this season, and especially now...It feels quite Survivor-y at times. For example, the tight rope challenge was pretty cool, but it just felt out of place to end with a puzzle. And a rather lame puzzle at that. I'm fine with it if it has some sort of cultural connection, but it really didn't. Also, there was a super-season tease at the end of the episode?! There were a few other examples that I can't think of right now.

Its strange to have one of those super-teases for the season mid way through. I wonder why. The challenges looked really cool, and luckily it didn't really give too much away, but I'm just trying to figure it out.

Lastly, I think I have made my cast thoughts at last on episode 6. Robbie and Brooke are my favorites that I am pulling to win, Misti and Jim are still the villains but still good, and Adam and Bethany are amazing, even if they do shove done our throats the "triumph over adversity" theme a little too much. The other three are great too, but not really in my mind too much.

In the end, it was a good episode, but not the best all season. I guess that's ok since it was on Halloween and a good amount of people missed it. *Few* I said a lot more than I thought I would:p:D

DinoInstitute

I'm rooting for Kym and Alli. They seem to be able to keep their cool and think things through. Those traits should help them stay in the top 3 at least for the next few weeks.
I definately see them doing good in the long run. They aren't my favorites, but they would not make for an unsatisfactory conclusion to the season.

Also, one thing that caught my eye when reading the "info guide" description on TAR episode new tommorow night, it says "two rivals will make an unsuspecting alliance". Wonder what that could mean.

seahawk7

I'm rooting for Kym and Alli. They seem to be able to keep their cool and think things through. Those traits should help them stay in the top 3 at least for the next few weeks.
They are are favorite too. It would be nice to see an all girl team win. I believe it has only happened once so far no?

seahawk7

I definately see them doing good in the long run. They aren't my favorites, but they would not make for an unsatisfactory conclusion to the season.

Also, one thing that caught my eye when reading the "info guide" description on TAR episode new tommorow night, it says "two rivals will make an unsuspecting alliance". Wonder what that could mean.
Hmmm. I can't recall who is at odds with someone. It must be two teams who have been in the top three finishing for the last couple of weeks?

DinoInstitute

First thing which is interesting....the CBS website gives the schedule for the rest of the season AND the next season premier. It's going to be on Friday again, but also a 90 minute premier after Survivor on Wednesday, and then another episode the following Friday. Neat!

The episode was great. I love the final 6! Brooke and Robbie came off a little more villainy, and Tim and Te Jay quite annoying, but not too much of either to push me over the edge.

seahawk7

No episode tonight. Hollywood Film Awards (I know, when I first realized last night too I was so bummed)
But if I had to predict next out....probably Amy and Maya.
I suspected this as I wrote that post. Too bad. I think you have a good chance of being right about Amy and Maiya unless the wrestlers get into trouble or the guys who came in last in the last episode and it was a non elimination.

DinoInstitute

Well, to quote Amazing Race Superstar Rachel Reilly, "The Amazing Race is supposed to be fun and good!" Is it just me, or did it seem like this episode had a lot more fighting within the teams than usual? I was kind of used to the Wrestlers' rhythmic bitter, but I noticed Kim and Ally in particular fighting with each other, and Tim and Te Jay seemed awfully upset. We almost started to get a Kim and Ally vs all story arc, but luckily with this cast it never was anything more than just fun.

This was, IMO, the best episode all season. I loved the challenges, it had a satisfactory conclusion, and great bits of drama still able to have fun with it. I am looking forward to the rest of the season with such a great final 5.

Next week is the last chance to use The Save, which could come in handy since there will be a U-Turn.

Nemo14

Just watched last night's episode. The ganging up on Kym and Alli is kind of worrisome, sounds like they're saving it for a U turn strategy. With most of the weaker teams gone now, the competition should get a lot more intense. Still rooting for Kym and Alli, but I really like Adam and Bethany too.

DinoInstitute

Just watched last night's episode. The ganging up on Kym and Alli is kind of worrisome, sounds like they're saving it for a U turn strategy. With most of the weaker teams gone now, the competition should get a lot more intense. Still rooting for Kym and Alli, but I really like Adam and Bethany too.
Do you know when the express pass had to be used by? I mean, I think it was smart to use it here, but they could have down the smart move the Cowboys did last season by using it before the detour so they didn't have to do either sides of it, and use the u-turn.

I don't know how I feel on Kim and Alli still. Different moments make them seem like the heroes, and then others make me not like them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom