The Spirited Back Nine ...

Mike S

Hey, who wants to laugh at the Parks Blog getting their Asian parks mixed up?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...r-dark-a-mystic-manor-haunts-tokyo-disneysea/
lol.gif

BrerJon

misterID

I don't like the Speedway, but enough kids seem to really like it that I've come to peace with its existence. I wish they would really theme it though. Build the Pagoda, have a dude waving the green or checkered flag, have a giant column with running positions on it, dump milk on you and put a giant ring of roses around your neck when its done (OK, that last one is a bit much). Have big murals of grandstands with people in them around the course. Heck, you could even have Jim Nabors singing Back Home in Indiana and Florence Henderson singing God Bless America on a big screen visible from the queue. From time to time release a hundred balloons or so. Just a few little touches and you have something that is better themed and more fun.

I do LOVE the idea (I don't know/remember who first suggested it) of having IaSW moved to one end of WS. It would fit perfectly. It would free up a fair chunk of space for an attraction or two.
You have infinitely more patience and understanding than I do when it comes to Speedway. I took two nephews and a niece onto Speedway last year after they begged me... when they got off they declared it the suckiest ride that has ever existed. That was worth the carbon monoxide punishment of riding the crapfest, land wasting spectacular that is Speedway.

Andy Whitfield

You are forgiven:)

At least from us common folks;). They are probably talking about you right now on the PML...now they are talking about me too:confused:

I keep reading PML as PMSL o_O. This is doing my paranoia no good! they could be saying all sorts about my ginger hair and yes, it is the same colour upstairs as in the servants quarters. Maybe @GoofGoof and i could be the inaugural members of the CAFML?

TeriofTerror

I for one find Spirit's threads nothing short of addictive. I just got volunteered last night to host a Halloween party this weekend, but instead of doing something sensible like cleaning or grocery shopping or cooking or decorating, I'm curled up on the couch with my dog, the Cavs, and the WDWMagic forums. :)

BrianLo

As 74 has said, Small Word is moving, and I think that image just shows a redesigned new look modern facade for the ride, more appropriate for an attraction on the edge of Tomorrowland to help make the land transition more seamless.

Absolutely, I am shocked they would go through all the effort to move it such a small distance. It's not like it really opens up a ton of space. Wouldn't if have been easier to just build the new Alice stuff beside Space Mountain instead? I assume and hope it gets a major overhaul and update to the 20th century as a result.

Certainly gives a little bit more credence to @RSoxNo1 eternal wish of moving IASW to Epcot. It's actually a less ridiculous proposition than a 5th gate now.

BrerJon

I for one find Spirit's threads nothing short of addictive. I just got volunteered last night to host a Halloween party this weekend, but instead of doing something sensible like cleaning or grocery shopping or cooking or decorating, I'm curled up on the couch with my dog, the Cavs, and the WDWMagic forums. :)

Me too. What with a new Spirit thread and a massive Tokyo announcement, my chances of getting anything productive done today were DOA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom