Mickey's PhilharMagic closing for short refurbishment in September

baloofigment14

ByoHP0QIYAAPkeU.jpg

Here is a pic of the new carpet put in. Photo From @ SpotMickey on Twitter. They also said "queue carpet, theater carpet, new screen (using same old technology), and seat backs" in response to what was changed.

SirLink

I really don't know how no one has proposed new film segments. They can even cheapen the cost and sell this upgrade both here and over in Tokyo Disneyland. They have the same exact film. It just seems like such an easy thing to do to upgrade the film with new segments.

They are waiting for others to help pay for it AKA they are wanting Hong Kong and Tokyo to go thirds. AKA typical Disney.

Bolt

I really don't know how no one has proposed new film segments. They can even cheapen the cost and sell this upgrade both here and over in Tokyo Disneyland. They have the same exact film. It just seems like such an easy thing to do to upgrade the film with new segments.
I'm pretty sure if they were going to swap in new segments they would have been talking about it. Not really surprised when it reopened after a few weeks of general cleaning refurbishment it wasn't a changed attraction....

ryan1

What a disappointment. Philharmagic finally gets some love and they don't even add a new segment or at the very least upgrade to digital/HD?

They have 3 really solid NEW films with great musical segments that they could pick from and still nothing. Donald would fit right in with the animals from Princess and the Frog, helping Rapunzel clean her tower, or (dare I say the F word) run around Frozen with Anna Elsa or Olaf.

HUGE opportunity missed but hopefully they add in the near future. Fingers crossed.

COProgressFan

Just wanted to add, I was there today and while seats mostly looked new, mine did have a very small rip. So maybe they weren't all changed. Carpets were new and walls in queue cleaned up. Show looked good.

mouse_luv

Just wanted to add, I was there today and while seats mostly looked new, mine did have a very small rip. So maybe they weren't all changed. Carpets were new and walls in queue cleaned up. Show looked good.

I'm starting to think you are the same person as @NeonNinja in this thread http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/refurbishment-updates.890864/#post-6350509, because you are the first person that is intent on complaining about the same little rip or whatever on this board or other Disney sites that has supposedly visited Philharmagic lately. Everyone else including well known bloggers etc who have toured it before it reopened are saying everything is fixed (carpet/seats) and you are saying otherwise. I sent that person NeonNinja to this thread to prove a point and now this pops up. Interesting. :cautious:

Bolt

I'm starting to think you are the same person as @NeonNinja in this thread http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/refurbishment-updates.890864/#post-6350509, because you are the first person that is intent on complaining about the same little rip or whatever on this board or other Disney sites that has supposedly visited Philharmagic lately. Everyone else including well known bloggers etc who have toured it before it reopened are saying everything is fixed (carpet/seats) and you are saying otherwise. I sent that person NeonNinja to this thread to prove a point and now this pops up. Interesting. :cautious:
Or maybe one just likes to sound smart and steal the other persons comment

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Was going to try to take a peek either tomorrow or Tuesday - look forward to the new carpet smell. Also curious about CoP changes after the refurb.

If you go will you look at the little water squirty screens on the arm rest in front of you while seated? Those were so gross and set my DDs allergies off when they squirt. Hoping they cleaned them and the tubes.

Sped2424

The possibilities for this show is fantastic. Halloween overlay where we go through classic villain songs, Night on bald mountain, poor unfortunate souls, be prepared, mother knows best, Friends on the other side, gaston. They could even do a christmas overlay or at least a winter one. Such wasted potential on an attraction that is so stale.

Matt_Black

What a disappointment. Philharmagic finally gets some love and they don't even add a new segment or at the very least upgrade to digital/HD?

They have 3 really solid NEW films with great musical segments that they could pick from and still nothing. Donald would fit right in with the animals from Princess and the Frog, helping Rapunzel clean her tower, or (dare I say the F word) run around Frozen with Anna Elsa or Olaf.

Personally, I'd like to see an 8-Bit Donald Duck running around Ralph's building while the Buckner & Garcia song plays.

MerlinTheGoat

The film looked awful back in 2012 when I last visited. I dread how terrible the deterioration has gotten now. Looks like it'll get worse still before the next refurb comes along.

Adam N

If they add a new sequence, would they have to make it with the same early CGI look? I feel like a part of them holding back is they'd basically have to redo the whole movie, right? Because the animation is so old to our 2014 eyes now. Ya know what I mean?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom